Six Murders on Manitoba Reserves in Jan.

Posted in the Winnipeg Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Feb 1, 2013
George Jetson

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Jan 22, 2013
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/drugs-...

And the chiefs are blamimg the cops for not reducing drug use. Lets not blame alcohol. Chiefs, give your heads a shake.

And the Free Press isn't accepting comments on this story. LOL.
Hun

Comox, Canada

#2 Jan 22, 2013
This is not near enough boys.Let's aim for 600 for next month.
Charlie

Winnipeg, Canada

#4 Jan 22, 2013
Until Natives realize the real causes of their situation, they are doomed.

Since: Jan 13

Winnipeg, Canada

#5 Jan 24, 2013
Because it happened on a reservation, it is more reason to look down your nose at them?? Pathetic!!! You never here anyone talking about the Natives who are doing good for themselves and their families. What's up with that?
Hun

Port Alberni, Canada

#7 Jan 25, 2013
You never hear a word of praise or thanks to all the working people of Canada that provide the natives with a responsibility free life.
JTF

Winnipeg, Canada

#9 Jan 26, 2013
One of the side effects(unintended consequence) of this Idle protest is that it has made Canadians aware of all the bullshit and waste coming from the Indians...the millions and millions of dollars that are unaccounted for by the people that are their leaders.

Canadians won't stand for this fu cken nonsense any longer imo and the Armani chiefs better listen carefully....same for our politicians.

Account for the money before being given any more!!

Winnipeg, Canada

#11 Jan 26, 2013
Well this Native works, owns a house, a vehicle, has a family and a dog.....no thanks to hand outs, just hard work! Stop lumping everyone together! How about bitching about the white homeless dud that needs your AND my help. Or is that not the same, cuz he isn't Native????

Winnipeg, Canada

#12 Jan 26, 2013
JTF wrote:
One of the side effects(unintended consequence) of this Idle protest is that it has made Canadians aware of all the bullshit and waste coming from the Indians...the millions and millions of dollars that are unaccounted for by the people that are their leaders.
Canadians won't stand for this fu cken nonsense any longer imo and the Armani chiefs better listen carefully....same for our politicians.
Account for the money before being given any more!!
what about the successful Bands???? They all aren't down and out. Just say,in.
Hun

Duncan, Canada

#13 Jan 26, 2013
Ronnie 73 wrote:
Well this Native works, owns a house, a vehicle, has a family and a dog.....no thanks to hand outs, just hard work! Stop lumping everyone together! How about bitching about the white homeless dud that needs your AND my help. Or is that not the same, cuz he isn't Native????
Funny how when a native does what we all do they think they are special.

Winnipeg, Canada

#14 Jan 26, 2013
Hun wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how when a native does what we all do they think they are special.
I don't think it makes me special. Just saying, no need to lump everyone together! Cuz we are not all the same. I pull more than my weight Honey! I doubt you could handle my life, and be happy in it. And it's got nothing to do with being Native, and everything to do with never giving up.
JTF

Winnipeg, Canada

#15 Jan 26, 2013
Why aren't the average-joe natives DEMANDING that their chiefs account for all those missing millions instead of blaming the government for a lack of funds?

There is a certain parallel to the native issue and Muslims that don't speak out about their radicals imho.
Charlie

Winnipeg, Canada

#16 Jan 26, 2013
Ronnie 73 wrote:
They're not complaing demanding the world
Hun

Duncan, Canada

#17 Jan 26, 2013
Ronnie 73 wrote:
<quoted text> I don't think it makes me special. Just saying, no need to lump everyone together! Cuz we are not all the same. I pull more than my weight Honey! I doubt you could handle my life, and be happy in it. And it's got nothing to do with being Native, and everything to do with never giving up.
Mom? Is that you?
JoFee

Winnipeg, Canada

#19 Jan 27, 2013
Your Mom is a guy???
Hun

Chemainus, Canada

#22 Jan 27, 2013
Ronnie 73 wrote:
<quoted text> I don't think it makes me special. Just saying, no need to lump everyone together! Cuz we are not all the same. I pull more than my weight Honey! I doubt you could handle my life, and be happy in it. And it's got nothing to do with being Native, and everything to do with never giving up.
This is going to sound like a pissing contest.I was born to an abusive alcoholic mother.My "father" was personna non gtata.I was farmed out to the relatives and in and out of foster homes.I was on my own at fifteen.I did not know that everyone wasn't brought up this way.I found out later in my life that if I had been an indian that this hard luck story would have got me a lifetime of handouts and government sympathy.Here is the difference,when you are not native you are expected to suck it up.You are not allowed excuses.Even though I had an "aboriginal" up bringing I am not permitted any priviledges granted to the natives,for obvious reasons.I am no different than millions of Canadians who have suffered through life.The government favours the indians over all other people.A lot of non natives are sick of hearing the natives bellyache about how hard done by they are.There was plenty of times in my life that I wish I was as "hard up" as a native.

Winnipeg, Canada

#23 Jan 28, 2013
Hun wrote:
<quoted text>Mom? Is that you?
No...I don't think so. My boys are 14 and 12....and yes I am a Mom. See there are those of us out there, that lead stand up lives.:)

Winnipeg, Canada

#24 Jan 28, 2013
Hun wrote:
<quoted text>This is going to sound like a pissing contest.I was born to an abusive alcoholic mother.My "father" was personna non gtata.I was farmed out to the relatives and in and out of foster homes.I was on my own at fifteen.I did not know that everyone wasn't brought up this way.I found out later in my life that if I had been an indian that this hard luck story would have got me a lifetime of handouts and government sympathy.Here is the difference,when you are not native you are expected to suck it up.You are not allowed excuses.Even though I had an "aboriginal" up bringing I am not permitted any priviledges granted to the natives,for obvious reasons.I am no different than millions of Canadians who have suffered through life.The government favours the indians over all other people.A lot of non natives are sick of hearing the natives bellyache about how hard done by they are.There was plenty of times in my life that I wish I was as "hard up" as a native.
No contest. I have had to deal with my own hardships....some not unlike the ones you mentioned. I don't wear them as a badge, I rise above them. Never say die!!! I am a success story for sure, as are many Canadians of different backgrounds. I do have Indian Status. I have only ever used it once. I choose to do for myself, when I can. And I know that I am not alone, in that. For me, it was more of a part of my past I needed, to move on with my life.:)

Winnipeg, Canada

#25 Jan 28, 2013
Hun wrote:
You never hear a word of praise or thanks to all the working people of Canada that provide the natives with a responsibility free life.
Native who pays her own way, doesn't take hand outs. And don't appreciate the fact that I am lumped in with those who do. Not looking for praise, just to be a part of.
Hun

Duncan, Canada

#26 Jan 28, 2013
Ronnie 73 wrote:
<quoted text> No contest. I have had to deal with my own hardships....some not unlike the ones you mentioned. I don't wear them as a badge, I rise above them. Never say die!!! I am a success story for sure, as are many Canadians of different backgrounds. I do have Indian Status. I have only ever used it once. I choose to do for myself, when I can. And I know that I am not alone, in that. For me, it was more of a part of my past I needed, to move on with my life.:)
Good on you.I do tend to get a little callous and I realise that there are a lot of responsible working natives out there.It is to easy to shoot ones yap off when you have anonimity.I do have native friends that are in the same situation as you.Some of the nicest people I know.

Winnipeg, Canada

#27 Feb 1, 2013
Hun wrote:
<quoted text>Good on you.I do tend to get a little callous and I realise that there are a lot of responsible working natives out there.It is to easy to shoot ones yap off when you have anonimity.I do have native friends that are in the same situation as you.Some of the nicest people I know.
. Takes all kinds. Some good, some bad....in every circle. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnipeg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Specially trained dogs enter province's fight a... 2 hr LITTER PEG 1
Worst songs ever written 2 hr chugs are POS 36
Police name Winnipeg street gang targeted in dr... 2 hr WAKEFIELD WAS RIGHT 2
Metis say museum censoring culture by rejecting... 3 hr TellItLikeItIs 5
Canadian team evacuated from Ebola zone home 4 hr TellItLikeItIs 1
Canadian laboratory team evacuated from Ebola z... 10 hr no April Fools joke 1
92 CITI FM Bonus Codes (May '13) 14 hr Jonnyd 2,383
102.3 Clear FM Bonus Points (May '13) 16 hr Gordo28 1,959
•••
Enter and win $5000