Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

Judged:

I have lived all over the country and I think that Winnipeg amongst other cities including Regina, Sudbury etc have to be classified as dumps: Why?

Drive around Winnipeg, the city looks like it is falling apart. Everything is old, run down and I am not surprised if they are rat infested. Alot of Winnipeggers pride themselves that this city has character. This is true in some cases like the Bank of Montreal building off of main. However I think that most old building here are run down, tired, and unnattractive. Housing here is also a problem, houses might be cheap but most look run down or have broken Windows etc. Most of the North and West ends have houses and infracture that are in need of work. I have never seen a city with more bars in windows in canada. You see natives sleeping all over the place.

Ottawa is older like Winnipeg, but it is clean and safe. Most of the older buildings are much better maintained. If you want to see character that is not ugly go to Ottawa or Quebec city. Everything is old and attractive.

Calgary is perhaps the most clean cut city I have ever seen. It may lack character in some ways, but everything is either brand new, classy, or is well renovated. You drive around the city and even in the inner city and you know that the city is going somewhere.

Winnipeg is a real dump and an ugly city to look at because it is so dirty and run down. Winnipeggers need to separate this from what character really is. The word the best suits Winnipeg is SLEEZY.
Nia G

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

Judged:

Cindy, go to Thompson, MB or Tadoule Lake, and you will appreciate and value Winnipeg. Trust me.
too much talk no action

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

Judged:

Cindy run for mayor then. Whining about the city over the internet is not going to acomplish anything.
cindy makes sense idiots

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

Judged:

So Mr. too much talk...if this city is a dump and apparently love it here, then what are YOU doing to accomplish anything?
CindyH

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

Judged:

Nia G wrote:
Cindy, go to Thompson, MB or Tadoule Lake, and you will appreciate and value Winnipeg. Trust me.
You can't compare little towns to a major city. Cities are where progress supposed to be. Looking around this city does not convince me of any kind of progress.

Compare Winnipeg to cities over 100,000, or more realistically over 250,000. Winnipeg and Regina are the worst in Canada.
Haveawhine

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

Judged:

So go to Calgary already. Need help packing? Need a ride to the airport? I'm sure you would get lots of help if you need it. Got a B.A.-- Bad Attitude?
too much talk no action

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

Judged:

cindy makes sense idiots wrote:
So Mr. too much talk...if this city is a dump and apparently love it here, then what are YOU doing to accomplish anything?
I don't need to do anything. The city's not perfect but i'm not going to shorten my life getting stressed by complaining about it. If I have a complaint, i'll go through the proper channels. Don't need to waste my time whining on the internet.

You are pathetic btw cause you don't even live here anymore yet everyday you continue to post here just to whine about Winnipeg. Get over it already. Go for a swim or something. Enjoy the weather or get a girlfriend. Maybe then you won't be so uptight and can focus your mind on something other than Winnipeg.
OCD

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

Judged:

too much talk no action wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to do anything. The city's not perfect but i'm not going to shorten my life getting stressed by complaining about it. If I have a complaint, i'll go through the proper channels. Don't need to waste my time whining on the internet.
You are pathetic btw cause you don't even live here anymore yet everyday you continue to post here just to whine about Winnipeg. Get over it already. Go for a swim or something. Enjoy the weather or get a girlfriend. Maybe then you won't be so uptight and can focus your mind on something other than Winnipeg.
So if you hate it so much, move already. The truth is you probably couldn't cut it anywhere else, so you stay here and whine, whine, whine.
too much talk no action

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

OCD wrote:
<quoted text>So if you hate it so much, move already. The truth is you probably couldn't cut it anywhere else, so you stay here and whine, whine, whine.
OCD wrote:
<quoted text>So if you hate it so much, move already. The truth is you probably couldn't cut it anywhere else, so you stay here and whine, whine, whine.
What the f*ck are you talking about, idiot? Where the hell did I say I hated Winnipeg? And what do you mean "here" youre posting from Toronto you douche!
Miss Manners

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

Too much: you are too much. Too much foul language. Too much rudeness. Too much disrespect for others. You need to take a bar of soap and give your mouth a good cleaning.
OCD

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

Sorry, Too Much, my comments were directs at Cindy (aka The Whiner) H.
TT soon from winnipeg

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

I must say that you made me feel sory about going to Winnipeg. First the hatred to the place, then the language and nothing nice or wormth in this cold winter about a city that i am goint to spend 3 years of my life in......thanks
Welcome to Winnipeg

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

TT, don't despair. The Winnipeg Jewish community is great. Warm, welcoming, and not whiney. We have lots of Jewish immigrants from other countries (Argentina, Chile, France, to name a few). Believe me, these people love it in Winnipeg because they have FREEDOM living in Winnipeg and do not live in fear as many did in other countries where anti-Semitism is rampant. There is some anti-Semitism here but generally the greater community is quite tolerant. There is a lot of inter-marriage. One thing is the winters are VERY COLD but you just have to dress warmly. When are you coming to Winnipeg? If it is in the winter, make sure to contact Jewish Child and Family Services and they will help with the adjustment to the cold weather re: appropriate clothing, etc. I have known Argentinian Jews who smile from ear to ear in minus 50 degree weather because they do not have to live with the problems they had in Argentina. The Jewish community is very warm. If you are religious they are several synagogues. If you are not religious, go to the shuls anyway. They provide a supportive social network and you can meet people easily there. So welcome to Winnipeg.
johnny kaz

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

TT soon from winnipeg wrote:
I must say that you made me feel sory about going to Winnipeg. First the hatred to the place, then the language and nothing nice or wormth in this cold winter about a city that i am goint to spend 3 years of my life in......thanks
Stay away from this hellhole. The winters are terrible, there are not many good jobs, lots of crime, filth, urban decay. Look at other cities in Canada. Winnipeg is the worst option.
Welcome

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

Don't listen to kaz. He likely has little or no knowledge of the Jewish community in Winnipeg. It is a lovely, lively, warm, vibrant community.
sheratov

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

Welcome wrote:
Don't listen to kaz. He likely has little or no knowledge of the Jewish community in Winnipeg. It is a lovely, lively, warm, vibrant community.
I am jewish and do know the scene here for a new jewish person to the city. I have lived here 3 years and I have found it very difficult to meet people within the jewish community. I have volunteered on a few committees- Jewish federation, Shaarey zedek etc. I have met some very pleasant people, but like most people in Winnipeg is difficult to get beyond small talk. I have met alot of acquaintances, but quality friends. I am 36 and there does not seem to be many jews here in their 20's and 30's. They have all left for the states, Toronto, Montreal, and even Alberta or B.C.

This city only seems to give up good jobs for the well connected or someone in a field like nursing or a trade. My husband is an electrician and he was transferred here until july 08. Then we are moving back to Missasauga where we are from. I can't seem to find a good job here and I have tried.

We are both getting tired of Winnipeg. It is far too cold, bad job prospects for me, uninviting people, and not much to do (especially in the winter). I can see how some can like it here-those that grew up here and have lots of friends etc. We can't wait to get back to Ontario.
Dont listen to da haterz

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

TT soon from winnipeg wrote:
Well don't listen to the Winnipeg Haterz then. Your time here will be what you make of it. If you spend your time here whinning like you already are, everyone will hate you, and you'll have a miserable and long three years here. But hey at least in Winnipeg there is little chance of you being killed by a Palestinian.:)
Welcome

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

sheratov wrote:
<quoted text>
I am jewish and do know the scene here for a new jewish person to the city. I have lived here 3 years and I have found it very difficult to meet people within the jewish community. I have volunteered on a few committees- Jewish federation, Shaarey zedek etc. I have met some very pleasant people, but like most people in Winnipeg is difficult to get beyond small talk. I have met alot of acquaintances, but quality friends. I am 36 and there does not seem to be many jews here in their 20's and 30's. They have all left for the states, Toronto, Montreal, and even Alberta or B.C.
This city only seems to give up good jobs for the well connected or someone in a field like nursing or a trade. My husband is an electrician and he was transferred here until july 08. Then we are moving back to Missasauga where we are from. I can't seem to find a good job here and I have tried.
We are both getting tired of Winnipeg. It is far too cold, bad job prospects for me, uninviting people, and not much to do (especially in the winter). I can see how some can like it here-those that grew up here and have lots of friends etc. We can't wait to get back to Ontario.
It is unfortunate you had such negative experience in Winnipeg. There is really a lot to do. Have you tried any winter sports? Do you go to the symphony, theatre, symphony, or ballet. The Rady JCC has a lot to do. They have activities on all the Jewish holidays, family Shabbat dinners that are inexpensive, Jewish film festivals, Jewish theatre, Jewish musical productions. It is unfortunate that you are unable to secure a job in Winnipeg. What type of work do you do? Did you connect with JCFS? I am sure they could help you find a job in Winnipeg.
Welcome

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

Dont listen to da haterz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well don't listen to the Winnipeg Haterz then. Your time here will be what you make of it. If you spend your time here whinning like you already are, everyone will hate you, and you'll have a miserable and long three years here. But hey at least in Winnipeg there is little chance of you being killed by a Palestinian.:)
Yes I totally agree with your statement. Everything is very relative. I would Winnipeg is very safe from terrorists. There is crime, yes, but They don't have a lot of suicide bombings and terrorists there. I guess they don't like the cold winters. The summers are very beautiful. Very warm. Not much air pollution and lots of places to go to enjoy the summer, either in the city or not too far away. Did anyone mention the fact that you can pretty much get anywhere in the city in half an hour? The public transportation system is not that great but if you have a vehicle it is easy to get around and it doesn't take forever. Don't listen to the negativity that is out there. Just think of where it is coming from. Anyone who uses such foul, inappropriate language as some on the site have must be losers to begin with and probably would not fit in anywhere.
TT soon from winnipeg

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

Thanks to you all. I think i'll have to pay a viste, so i can get the real impression.Its sad that some people make you feel like it is the terrible place on earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of440
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Winnipeg Forum right now

Search the Winnipeg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
AutoTown Kia - BEST CAR DEALERSHIP IN WINNIPEG! 1 hr The REAL TRUTH 16
92 CITI FM Bonus Codes (May '13) 5 hr heyoldman 1,699
102.3 Clear FM Bonus Points (May '13) 5 hr Gordo28 1,431
The Katz Question 7 hr Schitterpeg Manitoilet 4
top ten reasons america is better than canada (Apr '08) 9 hr new Yorker 670
Big fee hikes at Winnipeg zoo when polar bear e... 10 hr Gail ASPER 6
Noise from police helicopter (Aug '12) 16 hr bogginfluffer 82
•••
•••