Audit ordered for City of Winnipeg re...

Audit ordered for City of Winnipeg real estate deals

There are 6 comments on the CBC News story from Sep 27, 2012, titled Audit ordered for City of Winnipeg real estate deals. In it, CBC News reports that:

Winnipeg city councillors have voted unanimously to do a broad audit of past city real estate deals in order to restore public confidence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Inquisitor

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Sep 27, 2012
This is total BS. The City of Winnipeg conducting its own in-house audit with outside experts who may or may not be on the take.

The Fire Hall audit should be done first and evaluated. Going back 12 years is a stall tactic.

All audits should be conducted by the Manitoba Office of the Auditor General.
http:/www.oag.mb.ca
JTF

Winnipeg, Canada

#3 Sep 27, 2012
I think this audit should be done by the RCMP forensic unit personally.
jay

Winnipeg, Canada

#4 Sep 30, 2012
Katz is obviously freinds with the shindaco people. If it is found that Katz helped them in any city dealings then Katz is a crook
JTF

Winnipeg, Canada

#5 Sep 30, 2012
Imho, the key to all this mess is with the paper trail in Phoenix.

Did Katz actually pay for the house or did he get it as a kick-back from Shindleman?

He says he paid for it, but we only have his word, and that means very little as far as I'm concerned.

I want to see exactly where the money came from....bank records.
Litter Peg

Winnipeg, Canada

#6 Sep 30, 2012
jay wrote:
Katz is obviously freinds with the shindaco people. If it is found that Katz helped them in any city dealings then Katz is a crook
Much more than friends. Business dealings and as we see, every type of legal but questionable dealings that appear to be pay offs for city work going to Shindico. Deals in the USA between them, buying and selling properties and thats the tip of this iceberg.
Big Sal

Winnipeg, Canada

#7 Sep 30, 2012
I think that Brian Kelcey said it best, "my advice would be to pick a date and start figuring out how to go with as much dignity as you possibly can" Katz is just in too deep. It's time for him to go

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winnipeg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lake St. Martin First Nation begins return to n... 8 hr King of CrappingO... 11
News Stretch of Main Street closed for IIU investiga... 14 hr King of CrappingO... 8
Teacher Dies Muling Heroin 14 hr Jokefromwpg 6
White devils should pay reparations and go back... 14 hr dumb as they come 23
Question 16 hr Scratchy 6
Young Mother Dies after Epidural Catheter Left ... 16 hr blank 2
News Chiefs offer solutions to high Indigenous incar... Fri the answer 18
More from around the web