Lakeside Steel Inc. of Welland, Ont., to lay off 61 employees

There are 2 comments on the Jan 14, 2009, Slam Sports story titled Lakeside Steel Inc. of Welland, Ont., to lay off 61 employees. In it, Slam Sports reports that:

Lakeside Steel Inc. says it is laying off up to 61 hourly employees at its manufacturing site in Welland, Ont.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Slam Sports.

other Furloughs

Toronto, Canada

#1 Jan 14, 2009
Different North American Judge allows GM Wanting Billions a $ Million to possibly Leave Canada

Injunction ends union blockade at parts factory ???

http://www.topix.com/world/canada/2009/01/dif...

General Motors Corp. removed more than $1 million in tooling equipment yesterday

from a Brampton auto-parts plant belonging to supposedly insolvent

North America SKD Automotive Group after getting a court injunction that ended a ...

as USA Navistar firm lays off Canadians at its plant in Chatham, sells Ottawa 1,300 U.S. trucks worth over $ 200,000.00 each based on the $ 250 Million Price Tag...

http://www.thestar.com/News/Ontario/article/5...
siloviki

Sherwood Park, Canada

#2 Jan 24, 2009
First three newsitems on Global tv here were "this oilpatch company lays off workers, that company lays off workers etc"

Bend down and pray to the speculative market gods Alberta. Lets get another boom/bust cycle going. Where a few prospectors can make off like bandits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sudbury Regional Hospital (Feb '09) Mar '15 Georgette Lee-Magin 2
Lady Antebellum Donates Music Instruments to Ca... Feb '15 Nancy79 1
News Newest Highlander enjoying life in the field Jan '15 Jennifer 1
News Five Southern Ontario hospitals to be closed; r... (Jan '14) Jan '14 no Wynne there 1
News Pan Am Games CEO Ian Troop fired (Jan '14) Jan '14 coal 1
News Arnprior Fire Trucks Corp. to Build New Pumper ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Red 1
News 'My Strange Addiction' introduces fans to a wom... (Mar '12) Jun '13 milwaukee69 63
More from around the web