Puppy beaten to death

There are 20 comments on the Toronto Sun story from Jan 2, 2011, titled Puppy beaten to death. In it, Toronto Sun reports that:

Police in Victoria, B.C., have arrested a a 24-year-old man after a three-month-old pitbull puppy was found beaten to death in a hotel room.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Toronto Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
hedidit

Victoria, Canada

#1 Jan 3, 2011
Brent Malcolm Connors of Langford.
Wonder Woman 2

Victoria, Canada

#2 Jan 3, 2011
I think that the male that killed the pitbull
has a long, long history with police all over
the Southern tip of Vancouver Island. He needs
a lot of counseling since he seems to be getting
worse over the years. He has to come to terms with
his anger and any pain in his family upbringing.
Over strict parenting is never the only excuse
for severe violence. This person is a sad case!
He requires more attention regarding his severe
issues. A life time ban would be a suitable
way to start. Good luck to the male. Learn from
your mistakes as a young adult!
Wonder Woman 2

Victoria, Canada

#3 Jan 3, 2011
I hope & pray that this person gets help because
it must be extremely stressful for his parents
especially his mother. Make a huge change in your
life and start over. This is vitally important.
no excuses

Canada

#4 Jan 3, 2011
there is no excuse for beating to death a helpless little puppy! Everyone has messed up childhoods whether it be over protective parents, physically abusive parents, sexually abusive parents, crack head parents, and the list goes on and on.. It is an ill human being who finds joy in the pain of something so helpless as a puppy! I hope whoever he is, he gets what he deserves! How would you sentance someone who beat a 1 year old child to death, or how about a 3 month old child. Disgusting crime. I hope he enjoys his JAILTIME!!!
Getem

Victoria, Canada

#5 Jan 3, 2011
I don't belive jail time is even close to a start.
artist 1

Canada

#6 Jan 3, 2011
all dogs go to heaven...this guy is on his way to the other place if he doesn't learn compassion for all life.
Go To HELL Brent Connors

Victoria, Canada

#7 Jan 4, 2011
Brent Malcolm Connors of Langford kills puppies. Brent Malcolm Connors of Langford kills puppies.
Brent Malcolm Connors of Langford kills puppies. Brent Malcolm Connors of Langford kills puppies.
JennMunn

Victoria, Canada

#8 Jan 4, 2011
I hope Brent Connors gets kicked and spit on every where he goes today.
Jim

Powell River, Canada

#9 Jan 4, 2011
Brent Malcolm Connors, you have zero excuse. I had a hard life growing up. Foster care, beaten on, Still, I don't abuse animals or people. I sincerely hope you serve jail time over this and are shunned by your so called friends.

If I find out an appropriate sentence and lifetime ban is not imposed....well that's all I'm going to say because I know your ilk likes to use nasty comments as part of your defense strategy: "poor me, I'm fearful, I've been threaded' spit on blah blah blah. Better turn your life around buddy or keep looking over your shoulder because one way or another this experience will catch up to you.

Jim

Powell River, Canada

#10 Jan 4, 2011
You know what they say about people that abuse animals, they go on to abuse people. Every serial killer started by abusing and torturing innocent animals.

I hope the SPCA can use this to make their case for tougher laws, then at least something good may come out of this tragedy. Animals deemed pets should never suffer at the hands of abusers.

They say laws are hard to change because of factory farming implications... it's only a property offense or the excuse, then we would have to charge all farmers.

Well then what about categorizing the difference at least between farm animal & pets. At least that would be a small start.

Let's put the justice back in the justice system.
die brent

Vancouver, Canada

#11 Jan 4, 2011
he will get his.... i hope u read this Brent Malcolm Connors.... someone find pix of him and post them EVERYWHERE so we know what scum looks like... such a roided up nerd
maria

Calgary, Canada

#12 Jan 4, 2011
someone has to have pictures somewhere. You piece of coward scum. Karma is a bitch and you will get it back ten fold. I'd like to see you beat up someone your own size who can fight back. You wuss! You can only beat defenseless animals. You probably beat women too.
TRAGIC

Calgary, Canada

#13 Jan 4, 2011
I'd like to know when the laws are going to change so that people actually get punished for abusing animals. Someone needs to get these laws changed. They need to slap these people with jail time, not a slap on the wrist,
albe a horses petootie

Victoria, Canada

#14 Jan 4, 2011
our court system seems stagnant according to the news reports, crime against property and individuals seems priority. Very hopeful though that front page coverage might speed up the process.
Love My Pugs

Nanaimo, Canada

#15 Jan 4, 2011
A 3 month old puppy is no match for a grown man. A Single blow could be fatal, which would be horrific on its own. So why the prolonged abuse? This man deliberately tortured this poor helpless BABY. A puppy that young wouldn't begin to know how to defend itself. I cannot even imagine the horror and fear and pain of this poor puppy. We need better laws. I hope everyone remembers this mans name.
Yep

Victoria, Canada

#16 Jan 4, 2011
His father was or still is an investigator with the Victoria Police Dept. Seems this apple feel far from the tree or did it?

This loser needs more than jail time.
i luv dogs

Vancouver, Canada

#17 Jan 4, 2011
i saw a picture of little Bandit on A news. He was so small and sweet looking it breaks my heart to think of what he went through. I hope Brent Connors dies a horrible, brutal, painful death for what he did to Bandit and before he has the opportunity to do it again to another dog, animal or person. i think that just the fact that they are holding him in jail says lots about how brutal and sadistic it must have been.
Copper

Parksville, Canada

#18 Jan 5, 2011
This guy is a waste of space, skin and air... he's lower than a snakes belly in a ditch at the bottom of the ocean! There are NO excuses!!! How he grew up, where he grew up or any other stupid excuses, I can't believe anyone could raise a child that would turn out like this!! This "man" and I use that term very lightly, should be hung from the fingernails and beaten repeatedly with a baseball bat. He should die, not rot in jail where taxpayers pay for his comfort and full belly! FRY THE GUY!!!
Fed up

Vancouver, Canada

#19 Jan 6, 2011
Listening to the Chek news last night it sounds like this sick individual is dealing down the charges against him. Likely he will be out on the streets after his next court appearance. I certainly hope he will be ostracized by the community.
ruth renwick

Hope, Canada

#20 Jan 6, 2011
This news that this connors guy killed a puppy upset me so much I havent been able to function this afternoon. So depressing that nothing is done by the authorities. Even SPCA was decrying it. Who can change these draconian laws. This guy should be locked up. I googled connors puppy killer and got a sicko kid on f/book..what a world its getting to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kim Proctor: Teen's Body Found Burned in Victoria (Mar '10) 14 min the blue nun 1,893
On Victoria (Jan '06) Sun Ground Hog Day 1,512
Is Victoria really a nice place to live? (Nov '10) May 1 mental prison 1,259
News Consul general of Nepal worries about rescue ef... Apr 29 Ned 1
Internet addiction recovery in Victoria? (May '13) Apr 29 RDL 3
News Fracking and earthquakes: Is there a connection? Apr 17 ya think of course 1
News Target employees give final goodbye in 'Closing... Apr 17 Brexx 3
More from around the web