Right On Toronto

Victoria, Canada

#1049 Apr 3, 2014
You know it Toronto person. Greater Victoria is all fake with lots of pain and almost none of the gain. Once in a while, there will be some clueless idiot who actually moved their entire life to Victoria and then find out the deal sucks. You can't leave easily once other life events locks you into Victoria.
BREXX

Duncan, Canada

#1050 Apr 3, 2014
you must be a government employee. how else could you spend countless hours posting 595 stupid posts to this forum alone, let alone possibly posting to countless others devoted to this and other topics? no wonder you are so totally complacent in Victoria. lazy automaton.
its the environment

Victoria, Canada

#1051 Apr 4, 2014
alister wrote:
Victoria is a pretty looking city but the people are very one dimensional, everyone is the same, there is a decided lack of individuality. Very cliche and fear based something that happens en masse and should really be confined to the local high school cafeterias. I have never been so bored in my entire life with the married with children, suite in my house to pay my mortgage, government worker with grungy sweatpants lifestyle, grandparents as day care, born, bred and never left Victoria. Nasty small town, small minded people.
You could be the most talented, cheerful, promising person in the world and still have an increased chance of being messed up and screwed around if you are inundated by the local crap culture. A crap culture is Greater Victoria, on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. You can look these up on Wikipedia is your geography is not good.

Since: Apr 13

Victoria, Canada

#1052 Apr 4, 2014
BREXX wrote:
you must be a government employee. how else could you spend countless hours posting 595 stupid posts to this forum alone, let alone possibly posting to countless others devoted to this and other topics? no wonder you are so totally complacent in Victoria. lazy automaton.
No, loser, I was self employed, I had my own business, get it? Now I'm retired because I was successful and not a whining loser like you.

I like Victoria because I have lived in other provinces and I know the difference, unlike you and other losers on here who have obviously never been out of Mom's basement.
The only thing wrong with Victoria is that there are a few too many losers like you around, but I've never let that bother me. Nice places attract all kinds.
I have been successful here and many others continue to do the same. The losers are the fringe of the fringe.
Oh Brilliant

Victoria, Canada

#1053 Apr 4, 2014
Brexx wrote:
<quoted text>
No, loser, I was self employed, I had my own business, get it? Now I'm retired because I was successful and not a whining loser like you.
I like Victoria because I have lived in other provinces and I know the difference, unlike you and other losers on here who have obviously never been out of Mom's basement.
The only thing wrong with Victoria is that there are a few too many losers like you around, but I've never let that bother me. Nice places attract all kinds.
I have been successful here and many others continue to do the same. The losers are the fringe of the fringe.
Oh sure, the nice Victoria weather attracts all kinds of Canadian people to Greater Victoria. It attracts all the human scum to camp out all over, pan handle for money, bother people with their annoying antics. These people are the rude, obnoxious, messy drug addicts, mental cases, and otherwise wasted feral humans. A place like Calgary AB does not have roaming tribes of under class crashed out all over the place because Alberta cities are too wealthy and too cold to attract all the society riff raff. If I was Dictator, I have some places in mind that I would like to place them all.

Victoria, Canada

#1054 Apr 5, 2014
Oh Brilliant wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure, the nice Victoria weather attracts all kinds of Canadian people to Greater Victoria. It attracts all the human scum to camp out all over, pan handle for money, bother people with their annoying antics. These people are the rude, obnoxious, messy drug addicts, mental cases, and otherwise wasted feral humans. A place like Calgary AB does not have roaming tribes of under class crashed out all over the place because Alberta cities are too wealthy and too cold to attract all the society riff raff. If I was Dictator, I have some places in mind that I would like to place them all.
The panhandlers don't bother me none.
Calgary and Edmonton have homeless people too. Probably more than Victoria, but they are not as visible because of the cold weather.
Victoria Weather

Victoria, Canada

#1055 Apr 5, 2014
Brexx wrote:
<quoted text>
The panhandlers don't bother me none.
Calgary and Edmonton have homeless people too. Probably more than Victoria, but they are not as visible because of the cold weather.
Those mentals and crack heads bother me plenty by just being in close proximity to my presence wherever I happen to be. They cause crap everywhere they go, sometimes this is literal. Their mere existence is an affront to my sensibilities. They must practice the rules of "How To Lose Friends And Annoy People", instead of Dale Carnegie's "How To Win Friends And Influence People"? Others and I would be some of the enthusiastic participants when and if the "Dictator" appears and seize power. The job counselors said people ideally should find joy and passion in their work.

Victoria, Canada

#1056 Apr 5, 2014
Victoria Weather wrote:
<quoted text>
Those mentals and crack heads bother me plenty by just being in close proximity to my presence wherever I happen to be. They cause crap everywhere they go, sometimes this is literal. Their mere existence is an affront to my sensibilities. They must practice the rules of "How To Lose Friends And Annoy People", instead of Dale Carnegie's "How To Win Friends And Influence People"? Others and I would be some of the enthusiastic participants when and if the "Dictator" appears and seize power. The job counselors said people ideally should find joy and passion in their work.
I can assure you that such tender sensibilities as you claim to possess will be sorely affronted if ever you gather the courage to seek your fortune in one of the economic meccas of your imagination such as Calgary or Edmonton.
love the slaves

Victoria, Canada

#1057 Apr 6, 2014
Brexx wrote:
<quoted text>
I can assure you that such tender sensibilities as you claim to possess will be sorely affronted if ever you gather the courage to seek your fortune in one of the economic meccas of your imagination such as Calgary or Edmonton.
Victoria is cheap and greedy.

Victoria, Canada

#1058 Apr 6, 2014
love the slaves wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't get a high paying job in Victoria so you call the city cheap and greedy. Maybe your the one who is greedy, wanting to get paid more than you are worth.
Yes We Cant

Canada

#1059 Apr 7, 2014
love the slaves wrote:
<quoted text>
Victoria cheap and greedy is closely tied to its regional limited, restricted economics, social attitudes, and politics. The entire culture is warped. Your skills and experience or talents gets you nothing in Victoria except cheap table scraps. Everyone is fighting really hard for cheap table scrap jobs and pay. Your customers are not buying too much from you because they earn too little, malcontented with their lack of personal goal achievements. They are too broke poor ass to be big spenders. This means you won't afford that house, car, boat, plane, vacation or whatever life.
Victoria Cheap and Greedy

Victoria, Canada

#1060 Apr 7, 2014
Brexx wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't get a high paying job in Victoria so you call the city cheap and greedy. Maybe your the one who is greedy, wanting to get paid more than you are worth.
The McDonalds Restaurant franchisee who owns the Victoria Douglas and Pandora locations is under investigation from the Government of Canada for taking advantage of the temporary foreign worker program. The news media said the franchise owner is alleged to be over working and under paying the foreign staff. Does this not prove that Greater Victoria employers are cheap and greedy slave drivers? Even McDonalds Canada corporate office is said to be distancing itself away from this Victoria employer.

Victoria, Canada

#1061 Apr 7, 2014
Victoria Cheap and Greedy wrote:
<quoted text>
The McDonalds Restaurant franchisee who owns the Victoria Douglas and Pandora locations is under investigation from the Government of Canada for taking advantage of the temporary foreign worker program. The news media said the franchise owner is alleged to be over working and under paying the foreign staff. Does this not prove that Greater Victoria employers are cheap and greedy slave drivers? Even McDonalds Canada corporate office is said to be distancing itself away from this Victoria employer.
This one AH employer doesn't prove anything about Victoria employers generally. He is just one of many across the country who have fiddled this stupid and ill advised TWP. The fact he was busted is good news. This should bring about some much needed changes to the program. Better yet it should be done away with entirely.
Modern Slavery

Victoria, Canada

#1062 Apr 7, 2014
Victoria Cheap and Greedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the McDonalds franchise owner of Pandora, Hillside, Douglas restaurants are indicative of the Canadian business owners who are very greedy and don't want to pay for good staff, reputation, or customer service. Their greed is overriding their judgement. I wonder how this owner is going to be able to function, now that Canada McDonald's corporate is going to cut off this franchisee completely? I doubt any other restaurant chain would want to take over this owner with the bad scandal and reputation.
GIVE THEM HELL

Victoria, Canada

#1063 Apr 8, 2014
Modern Slavery wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the McDonalds franchise owner of Pandora, Hillside, Douglas restaurants are indicative of the Canadian business owners who are very greedy and don't want to pay for good staff, reputation, or customer service. Their greed is overriding their judgement. I wonder how this owner is going to be able to function, now that Canada McDonald's corporate is going to cut off this franchisee completely? I doubt any other restaurant chain would want to take over this owner with the bad scandal and reputation.
Give all the exploitative employers Victoria or otherwise hell because they deserve all the hassles they can get
Labour Scheme

Victoria, Canada

#1064 Apr 11, 2014
Brexx wrote:
<quoted text>
This one AH employer doesn't prove anything about Victoria employers generally. He is just one of many across the country who have fiddled this stupid and ill advised TWP. The fact he was busted is good news. This should bring about some much needed changes to the program. Better yet it should be done away with entirely.
Many people say the Temporary Foreign Worker Program is just a scam waiting to happen all over. Employers can just ignore all the resumes from Canadian job applicants to create the impression that they can't find any locals to work. The so called aging Canadian population and shortage of labour whining from employers is nothing more than a ploy to bypass Canadian labour standards and law. This is for all employers and not just McDonald's. I am sure they all try to do this. The employers claim Canadians don't want to work cleaning, private security guard, fast food, retail, etc. If the governments threaten any able bodied person with 100% cutting off their welfare and other benefits, they will work any job or starve and go homeless. They will then be motivated to work. There is no labour shortages, only lots of useless, parasite excess population that needs decreasing.

Victoria, Canada

#1065 Apr 11, 2014
Labour Scheme wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people say the Temporary Foreign Worker Program is just a scam waiting to happen all over. Employers can just ignore all the resumes from Canadian job applicants to create the impression that they can't find any locals to work. The so called aging Canadian population and shortage of labour whining from employers is nothing more than a ploy to bypass Canadian labour standards and law. This is for all employers and not just McDonald's. I am sure they all try to do this. The employers claim Canadians don't want to work cleaning, private security guard, fast food, retail, etc. If the governments threaten any able bodied person with 100% cutting off their welfare and other benefits, they will work any job or starve and go homeless. They will then be motivated to work. There is no labour shortages, only lots of useless, parasite excess population that needs decreasing.
The TFW program should be abolished. It doesn't matter if its fast food people or skilled tradesmen, these people can and should be trained in Canada.
Something Constructive

Victoria, Canada

#1066 Apr 14, 2014
Brexx wrote:
<quoted text>
The TFW program should be abolished. It doesn't matter if its fast food people or skilled tradesmen, these people can and should be trained in Canada.
FINALLY! You type something constructive that even your Topix opponents would have to agree with. That is quite an achievement for you. Scrap the Temporary Foreign Worker program and only let more people into Canada if there is a real labour shortage. The proponents for importing ever more people only want to stack the labour supply in favour of employers to force down wages and extort and bully their staff.
not go back

Victoria, Canada

#1067 Apr 15, 2014
Something Constructive wrote:
<quoted text>
FINALLY! You type something constructive that even your Topix opponents would have to agree with. That is quite an achievement for you. Scrap the Temporary Foreign Worker program and only let more people into Canada if there is a real labour shortage. The proponents for importing ever more people only want to stack the labour supply in favour of employers to force down wages and extort and bully their staff.
That is so funny! Yeah, the guy finally posts counter comments that doesn't reinforce the Greater Victoria critics' opinion that Victorians are uptight, aloof, cold, stuck up, slow, and crazy. I've never seen debates that actually helps out the opposing view. Many people feel the Canada temporary foreign worker program is set up as a scam to cheat the labour market. People can't support that when it is helping to ruin their livelihoods and financial contentment. This is proof even a weirdo can be a winner with the correct issue to rant about.
Crack Mayor Needed

Victoria, Canada

#1068 Apr 15, 2014
not go back wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so funny! Yeah, the guy finally posts counter comments that doesn't reinforce the Greater Victoria critics' opinion that Victorians are uptight, aloof, cold, stuck up, slow, and crazy. I've never seen debates that actually helps out the opposing view. Many people feel the Canada temporary foreign worker program is set up as a scam to cheat the labour market. People can't support that when it is helping to ruin their livelihoods and financial contentment. This is proof even a weirdo can be a winner with the correct issue to rant about.
Perhaps Victoria needs its own fat clown, blond, crack head, drunk, swearing, celebrity mayor in order to raise its public status ratings?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kim Proctor: Teen's Body Found Burned in Victoria (Mar '10) 12 hr BCCoaster 1,888
Bravo to Victoria mayor for her stand on Queen:... 17 hr RDL 3
beefy burger in robstown Tue Little Big Head 4
Is Victoria really a nice place to live? (Nov '10) Dec 15 Moved from Alberta 1,192
Victoria Music Thread Dec 14 Musikologist 2
RTO....Tenancy Branch Dec 12 Ann 3
BC denies accreditation to anti-Gay Christian l... Dec 12 MICHAEL 81
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:36 am PST