Since: Apr 13

Victoria, Canada

#1029 Mar 13, 2014
its too late for you wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the other poster said, it is too late for you. You drank too much Victoria cult Kool Aid to be turned around. It is not too late for others.
I don't need to be turned around. I'm happy and enjoying life here in Victoria, and, unlike you, I have lived other places and have a basis of comparison.
As for "others", if they are stupid enough to be swayed by losers like you then we are better off if they don't come here.
the way it works

Canada

#1030 Mar 14, 2014
Victoria BC and surrounding region didn't even make it onto the 2014 Money Sense list of best Canadian cities to live. The Greater Victoria cheap labour market, expensive living expenses, crappy economy, uptight social culture, and weirdo politics is probably dragging it down and overwhelming the good points like the weather and physical environment? It is exactly what most of the people are complaining about the Greater Victoria area. The metro area is too thick and stubborn to improve and get up to speed with the other Canadian major cities.
Immigration Education Ind

Victoria, Canada

#1031 Mar 15, 2014
the way it works wrote:
Victoria BC and surrounding region didn't even make it onto the 2014 Money Sense list of best Canadian cities to live. The Greater Victoria cheap labour market, expensive living expenses, crappy economy, uptight social culture, and weirdo politics is probably dragging it down and overwhelming the good points like the weather and physical environment? It is exactly what most of the people are complaining about the Greater Victoria area. The metro area is too thick and stubborn to improve and get up to speed with the other Canadian major cities.
It is hard for the Greater Victoria people to propel the region into the top ranks of best Canadian cities to live. They don't feel very compelling when they earn too little money or none at all, bleed to death at the various high living costs, and have zero savings or almost zero savings, not own a house, condo, town house, etc. Some Victoria people can't even afford a car, never mind a house. No kidding the Victoria people are dark and gloomy, cranky, or dead inside. This isn't prosperous and the people have little to be joyful about.

Victoria, Canada

#1032 Mar 15, 2014
Immigration Education Ind wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard for the Greater Victoria people to propel the region into the top ranks of best Canadian cities to live. They don't feel very compelling when they earn too little money or none at all, bleed to death at the various high living costs, and have zero savings or almost zero savings, not own a house, condo, town house, etc. Some Victoria people can't even afford a car, never mind a house. No kidding the Victoria people are dark and gloomy, cranky, or dead inside. This isn't prosperous and the people have little to be joyful about.
Why do you keep saying "greater Victoria"? Its not a term anyone here uses. Victoria means the whole metro area unless otherwise specified. You don't sound like you are from here.
Some Victoria people can't afford a car or a house? You are seriously putting that out there as a Knock against Victoria??
I've got news for you loser. There are a lot of people in any city who can't afford a car or a house. I don't care how prosperous you think a city is there are people there who are struggling. You need to get out of Mom's basement and learn something.
The Accessories

Victoria, Canada

#1033 Mar 22, 2014
Immigration Education Ind wrote:
<quoted text>
The dull, repressed, dead inside people really compliments the Victoria long lines of under employed, unemployed and educated people. It sort of brings out the regional theme. Being mostly under paid is just the cherry on top of the sundae. I eventually had this told to me by others with more Victoria experience.
very limited

Victoria, Canada

#1034 Mar 22, 2014
The Accessories wrote:
<quoted text>
The dull, repressed, dead inside people really compliments the Victoria long lines of under employed, unemployed and educated people. It sort of brings out the regional theme. Being mostly under paid is just the cherry on top of the sundae. I eventually had this told to me by others with more Victoria experience.
Yes, Victoria is very limited. What can you do? Any change or improvement in Greater Victoria comes in really slow panoramic time. Victoria is not exactly noted for being quick, alert, and full of action. It is like watching pain dry. I agree with you about wanting more action, but don't hold your breathe while you wait. You know how that would turn out?

Victoria, Canada

#1035 Mar 22, 2014
very limited wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Victoria is very limited. What can you do? Any change or improvement in Greater Victoria comes in really slow panoramic time. Victoria is not exactly noted for being quick, alert, and full of action. It is like watching pain dry. I agree with you about wanting more action, but don't hold your breathe while you wait. You know how that would turn out?
You are obviously limited. You hate Victoria but can't find a way to go elsewhere?? Thats very limited.
Speaking of action, you need to take some yourself instead of whining on the internet from your Mom's basement.
Certainly Is

Victoria, Canada

#1036 Mar 24, 2014
very limited wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Victoria is very limited. What can you do? Any change or improvement in Greater Victoria comes in really slow panoramic time. Victoria is not exactly noted for being quick, alert, and full of action. It is like watching pain dry. I agree with you about wanting more action, but don't hold your breathworlddde while you wait. You know how that would turn out?
Yep, it certainly is. Social, money, jobs are all slow and not too happening in the Victoria area. Only the weather is nicer. That is a long stretch to make up for all the other negatives (economic, social. politics). Victoria is only good for anyone if they bring their unlimited resources with them.

Victoria, Canada

#1037 Mar 25, 2014
Certainly Is wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, it certainly is. Social, money, jobs are all slow and not too happening in the Victoria area. Only the weather is nicer. That is a long stretch to make up for all the other negatives (economic, social. politics). Victoria is only good for anyone if they bring their unlimited resources with them.
Nonsense. Very few Victorians have "unlimited resources", but the vast majority of them are happy here.
The Underwhelming

Victoria, Canada

#1038 Mar 27, 2014
I come out west to Victoria and got a look at the entire metro area municipalities. Prosperity, contentment, and overwhelming job is not in the air. Every city has a certain feel, a certain energy, a sense of things about it. Alert people can sense this almost immediately as they land at the airport, bus terminal.Greater Victoria doesn't make the cut. Victoria has a sense of grey, gloom, lack of passionate energy, crotchety, arrogance about it. What sane person could be happy in a place where educated and skill people are under utilized and people are too stuck up to even want to acknowledge your existence?

Victoria, Canada

#1039 Mar 27, 2014
The Underwhelming wrote:
I come out west to Victoria and got a look at the entire metro area municipalities. Prosperity, contentment, and overwhelming job is not in the air. Every city has a certain feel, a certain energy, a sense of things about it. Alert people can sense this almost immediately as they land at the airport, bus terminal.Greater Victoria doesn't make the cut. Victoria has a sense of grey, gloom, lack of passionate energy, crotchety, arrogance about it. What sane person could be happy in a place where educated and skill people are under utilized and people are too stuck up to even want to acknowledge your existence?
I have a great idea. Go back east to wherever the hell you came from!
We R Not Magicians

Victoria, Canada

#1040 Mar 28, 2014
Another Victoria forum complained that the material is always the same stuff and getting stale. I'm going to try complaining about some Greater Victoria things besides social life, money, jobs, politics, etc. Maybe you like this kind of fresh?

What is with those retarded Greater Victoria animals and other wild life? They really annoyed, stupid animals! Recently, I went to Tillicum Shopping Centre to look around and do things. I make sure to park my car under the parkade to avoid exposing my car to the sky where birds fly around and indiscriminately shit all over. My plan didn't work out as some unknown bird flew into the parkade and crapped all over my freshly washed car. I had a partially clean and dirty car. Those birds are so Victorian!

Victoria, Canada

#1041 Mar 29, 2014
We R Not Magicians wrote:
Another Victoria forum complained that the material is always the same stuff and getting stale. I'm going to try complaining about some Greater Victoria things besides social life, money, jobs, politics, etc. Maybe you like this kind of fresh?
What is with those retarded Greater Victoria animals and other wild life? They really annoyed, stupid animals! Recently, I went to Tillicum Shopping Centre to look around and do things. I make sure to park my car under the parkade to avoid exposing my car to the sky where birds fly around and indiscriminately shit all over. My plan didn't work out as some unknown bird flew into the parkade and crapped all over my freshly washed car. I had a partially clean and dirty car. Those birds are so Victorian!
So, you have no social life, can't get a decent job, hate the city and everyone in it, and now even the birds are picking on you! Isn't it time you got the message? Either shape up or ship out!
This IS Good

Nanaimo, Canada

#1042 Mar 30, 2014
We R Not Magicians wrote:
I give you points for attempted creativity. It is a shot and there is not a lot of variation in Victoria. You can only vary the same stuff for a limited amount of change before it starts to repeat. Yes those pest birds only like to shit on clean cars. It is like a fresh canvas for their bird shit art.
Lamer City

Victoria, Canada

#1043 Mar 31, 2014
I totally agree with many of the posts. The Greater Victoria region has too many uptight cliquey people, cheap employers, and greedy organizations out to fleece peoples' assets. Poor, bored and dull is not good.

Victoria, Canada

#1044 Mar 31, 2014
This IS Good wrote:
<quoted text>
I give you points for attempted creativity. It is a shot and there is not a lot of variation in Victoria. You can only vary the same stuff for a limited amount of change before it starts to repeat. Yes those pest birds only like to shit on clean cars. It is like a fresh canvas for their bird shit art.
So, you give yourself points for creative whining.
If there was a market for that you might have something, but I think you are going to have to get a lot more creative and ambitious to get out of your Mom's basement and out of the city you hate.
Slave Labour

Canada

#1045 Apr 1, 2014
Lamer City wrote:
I totally agree with many of the posts. The Greater Victoria region has too many uptight cliquey people, cheap employers, and greedy organizations out to fleece peoples' assets. Poor, bored and dull is not good.
You got that right on pal! Victoria and environs is an excellent example of Bring Cash (British Columbia) slave wage labour. Most of the people and their political reps are probably some of the most constipated and cheap bastards around.

Victoria, Canada

#1046 Apr 1, 2014
Slave Labour wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right on pal! Victoria and environs is an excellent example of Bring Cash (British Columbia) slave wage labour. Most of the people and their political reps are probably some of the most constipated and cheap bastards around.
Cry baby cry!
I saw it all

Canada

#1047 Apr 2, 2014
Yeah, that is greater victoria for you. It is all mostly cheap and crabby jobs, pay, employers, social life for you. Other cities can be crabby too, but at least they pay you better being subjected to their BS. Not so in Victoria.
alister

Duncan, Canada

#1048 Apr 3, 2014
Victoria is a pretty looking city but the people are very one dimensional, everyone is the same, there is a decided lack of individuality. Very cliche and fear based something that happens en masse and should really be confined to the local high school cafeterias. I have never been so bored in my entire life with the married with children, suite in my house to pay my mortgage, government worker with grungy sweatpants lifestyle, grandparents as day care, born, bred and never left Victoria. Nasty small town, small minded people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Advice on Victoria (Oct '07) Jan 29 loop around 8
R. ATwell to lose his job? Jan 26 Crazy Victorians 10
Is Victoria really a nice place to live? (Nov '10) Jan 14 Jeff Kuryk 1,220
Kim Proctor: Teen's Body Found Burned in Victoria (Mar '10) Jan 13 Jewell 1,890
Rumbling noise in the sky (Victoria) (Sep '09) Jan 11 local whammy 151
Shaw Services - Exclusive Bundling and Improved... Jan 10 RDL 2
Canada Has Too Many Immigrants (Jul '14) Jan 10 Never 7
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:59 am PST