|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Almost There wrote:
Oh yes, we are almost at 500. The goal is so close to completion! We will hit the number.
The Victoria weather is mostly nice, but the blemish that scars the perfection is the crappy job market, economy, and social culture. Victoria weather joined to Calgary, Saskatoon pay levels would make it perfect. Victoria is always short of perfection due to its "excess baggage". Anyone in the world thinking of moving to Victoria to actually live need to keep this in mind.
People wanting to move to Victoria are not going to be turned off by a fringe element of losers who badmouth the place. Every city has those.
the seed has been planted

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Brexx wrote:
<quoted text>
People wanting to move to Victoria are not going to be turned off by a fringe element of losers who badmouth the place. Every city has those.
Sure not everyone reading these forums will totally agree, but there will be some who will agree. Then the intent has already been done. As long as a seed of an idea is planted in some of the people's heads, it will grow slowly like dandelion weeds. It will spread insidiously.

Since: Apr 13

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

the seed has been planted wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure not everyone reading these forums will totally agree, but there will be some who will agree. Then the intent has already been done. As long as a seed of an idea is planted in some of the people's heads, it will grow slowly like dandelion weeds. It will spread insidiously.
Thats fine. This city is growing fast enough as it is. I hardly recognize the west shore anymore.
Here Another

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

If anyone from elsewhere is reading about Victoria BC (the region), here is what you can expect for your life if you are not "just visiting". You will be unemployed, underemployed, and paid sub standard low wages if you happen to be employed anywhere for anyone. You will make less money while the expenses are just as high or even higher than the well to do rich Canadian cities. You throw your dreams of home ownership and a comfortable life in the garbage can. Don't end up like those pathetic people on Craigslist, Used Victoria pleading for "any kind of work crappy or not" just to eat, shelter, and live. Desperation isn't sexy or admirable, very demeaning. They didn't their research homework before moving to Victoria. All this won't matter if you are "mommy or daddy big bucks"; only then are you fit to even attempt to live long term in Greater Victoria.

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Here Another wrote:
If anyone from elsewhere is reading about Victoria BC (the region), here is what you can expect for your life if you are not "just visiting". You will be unemployed, underemployed, and paid sub standard low wages if you happen to be employed anywhere for anyone. You will make less money while the expenses are just as high or even higher than the well to do rich Canadian cities. You throw your dreams of home ownership and a comfortable life in the garbage can. Don't end up like those pathetic people on Craigslist, Used Victoria pleading for "any kind of work crappy or not" just to eat, shelter, and live. Desperation isn't sexy or admirable, very demeaning. They didn't their research homework before moving to Victoria. All this won't matter if you are "mommy or daddy big bucks"; only then are you fit to even attempt to live long term in Greater Victoria.
The constant moaning of a loser......
pat

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

yes Victoria suck its a bunch of selfish people so selfish that they wear sunglass when its raining and inside store ,there no culture sometime you think your in china and a minute after in Arabia??????, the priorty is money,they don't know how to drive,too expensive, too much traffic ,maybe beautiful but 80% of the people are self-center when cash is your priorty it mean your in the head and one more thing you people need to get out of the island!the desing of road are lame and overpass you guysdont know what it is, lights everywere on highway people don't like to put signal light!!!Q
pat

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

people from Victoria are like American!so selfish and ignorant!
no kidding

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

pat wrote:
people from Victoria are like American!so selfish and ignorant!
Victoria BC people maybe ignorant and selfish like Americans except in one way. Americans at least know how and when to have a party and socialize in style. Victoria BC people can't even seem to get that part right. They are so cold, aloof, distant, and socially cliquey, it's like everyone is walking around with a butt plug too large in their anus. Oh yeah, that constipated blockage in their butt is their head!

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

pat wrote:
yes Victoria suck its a bunch of selfish people so selfish that they wear sunglass when its raining and inside store ,there no culture sometime you think your in china and a minute after in Arabia??????, the priorty is money,they don't know how to drive,too expensive, too much traffic ,maybe beautiful but 80% of the people are self-center when cash is your priorty it mean your in the head and one more thing you people need to get out of the island!the desing of road are lame and overpass you guysdont know what it is, lights everywere on highway people don't like to put signal light!!!Q
Feel free to go away and not come back. Leave beautiful Victoria to the nice folks who love it here. We don't need whiners and snivelers.

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

no kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Victoria BC people maybe ignorant and selfish like Americans except in one way. Americans at least know how and when to have a party and socialize in style. Victoria BC people can't even seem to get that part right. They are so cold, aloof, distant, and socially cliquey, it's like everyone is walking around with a butt plug too large in their anus. Oh yeah, that constipated blockage in their butt is their head!
Sounds like you're describing yourself. You must have a blockage somewhere if you can't get along in Victoria.
many know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Many people already Victoria is cheap, cliquey, limited, and limiting. At least half of Canada and then some other countries know or at least heard some rumours about this fact. Beating up Greater Victoria some more may or may not get it to speed up and get with the program. However, it is fun and amusing to read and watch. Victoria is the whipping city region of Canada.

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

many know wrote:
Many people already Victoria is cheap, cliquey, limited, and limiting. At least half of Canada and then some other countries know or at least heard some rumours about this fact. Beating up Greater Victoria some more may or may not get it to speed up and get with the program. However, it is fun and amusing to read and watch. Victoria is the whipping city region of Canada.
Its very simple. Victoria is the most desirable place to live in Canada. That makes it very difficult for losers to make it here. Thats why they whine and snivel all the time about life in Victoria.
But if the loser message is stay away from Victoria, I'm cool with that. We have enough growth going on as it is. And we certainly don't need any more losers. We should buy them all a bus ticket to wherever they want to go.
im with u all da way

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

many know wrote:
I live and own a house in Victoria and even I have to agree with you the Greater Victoria economy sucks. The people are forced into the dead beat lifestyle by limited opportunities and choices. Most Victoria people can't even afford to own any kind of home with lack of work or really lack of good paid work. Wages are cheap and expenses are high, a bad combination. You will find it harder to save up and buy anything where as Calgary, Saskatoon is the opposite, save more money and buy things cheaper. You will actually feel some progress, not in Victoria.
the economic hole

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

im with u all da way wrote:
<quoted text>
I live and own a house in Victoria and even I have to agree with you the Greater Victoria economy sucks. The people are forced into the dead beat lifestyle by limited opportunities and choices. Most Victoria people can't even afford to own any kind of home with lack of work or really lack of good paid work. Wages are cheap and expenses are high, a bad combination. You will find it harder to save up and buy anything where as Calgary, Saskatoon is the opposite, save more money and buy things cheaper. You will actually feel some progress, not in Victoria.
That is very true. Your skills and education matters little in the strange way Victoria does HR personnel hiring practices. You won't find a good job or any other job without nepotism connections. Many people have opinionated that they think Victoria regional job hirings are done by gambling dices, blind folded dart board, roulette wheel, rock/paper/scissors game, raffle barrel resumes, slot machine, or lottery draw. The Greater Victoria job market reminds me of the Hunger Games books and movies. Victoria and Vancouver Island might as well be the Nation of Panem, the provincial BC Premiers are like the Presidents of Panem. Victoria is like The Capitol in The Hunger Games without the wealthy aspects.

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

im with u all da way wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you actually know anything about Calgary or Saskatoon?
Why don't you sell your house in Victoria and move to Saskatoon? You could buy a mansion there for the price of a small fixer-upper in Victoria. What's holding you back?
My guess is that you own nothing in Victoria, and you are issuing your "losers lament" from you Moms basement.
State Of Panem-Victoria

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

the economic hole wrote:
<quoted text>
That is very true. Your skills and education matters little in the strange way Victoria does HR personnel hiring practices. You won't find a good job or any other job without nepotism connections. Many people have opinionated that they think Victoria regional job hirings are done by gambling dices, blind folded dart board, roulette wheel, rock/paper/scissors game, raffle barrel resumes, slot machine, or lottery draw. The Greater Victoria job market reminds me of the Hunger Games books and movies. Victoria and Vancouver Island might as well be the Nation of Panem, the provincial BC Premiers are like the Presidents of Panem. Victoria is like The Capitol in The Hunger Games without the wealthy aspects.
Yeah, that is funny! Vancouver Island-Victoria can be the State of Panem, State of Pandemonium, State of Confusion, or any other combination of whacked. I nominate Brexx to be the Dictator-President of Panem-Victoria. Be careful and mind your place in things or the President Brexx will have you bumped off for not adhering to the pro Victoria propaganda. You will be declare an enemy of the state, the Brexx regime. LOL!

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

State Of Panem-Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that is funny! Vancouver Island-Victoria can be the State of Panem, State of Pandemonium, State of Confusion, or any other combination of whacked. I nominate Brexx to be the Dictator-President of Panem-Victoria. Be careful and mind your place in things or the President Brexx will have you bumped off for not adhering to the pro Victoria propaganda. You will be declare an enemy of the state, the Brexx regime. LOL!
''

I wouldn't bump anybody off, but I have already said that all local losers should get a free one-way ticket out of here. I understand why you wouldn't take it though. Your Mom lives here and she is staying. You know you would never make it anywhere else because you have never made it out of your Mom's basement.
Coup D etat

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

The way things are in "Panem-Victoria" for decades shows very little signs of massive improvements. It is perfectly ripe for revolution or at least a internal coup d'etat. It couldn't be any worse. Why, the entertainment industry and book publishing industry could even make a book-movie-computer game deal out of it. We could make the story setting an Island off the coast of North America in what was the USA, Canada. The society is rule by an oppressive oligarchy of really old, inept, foggy foggies under a crushing regime and their drone like robot bureaucracies.

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Coup D etat wrote:
The way things are in "Panem-Victoria" for decades shows very little signs of massive improvements. It is perfectly ripe for revolution or at least a internal coup d'etat. It couldn't be any worse. Why, the entertainment industry and book publishing industry could even make a book-movie-computer game deal out of it. We could make the story setting an Island off the coast of North America in what was the USA, Canada. The society is rule by an oppressive oligarchy of really old, inept, foggy foggies under a crushing regime and their drone like robot bureaucracies.
Oh, you think all the nerdy girly-boy losers are going to rise up from their Mom's basements at once and stage a coup??
Now there is a fantasy you can all beat off to. Call it the Loser's Wet Dream. LOL
Victorian Apartheid

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Nancy wrote:
I have lived in Paris and Toronto. I must say Victoria is one of the most boring cities in Canada. Everyone is old or homeless. I can't stand going downtown. The stench of urine makes me sick - and I lived in Paris. There are only about 3 nice areas in the whole city. The climate is not so great either. There are many great private schools here though and my children are in a great school (people don't want their kids mingling with the locals - doesn't that tell you something). There is a real them and us mentality.
Yes, the Victorian Apartheid system does say a lot about the overt or covert cultural, political, economic system, doesn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••