Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

I get it and not like It wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born and raise a Victorian and there are some aspects of the culture I just despise (slow, dumb, crusty, uptight, boring, crazy), my own birth culture. My apartment building owning landlord mother and dad the "tag along" likes this Victoria for some strange reason. I made no pretense to the parents that when I inherit all the assets, money and goodies, I will relocate the entire operation off Vancouver Island and out of Victoria. What are they gonna do, I have no siblings? The only reason I would stay in Victoria is if there is a chance at making more money. Victoria and Vancouver Island is expendable for the most part, unless they change and crank it up a lot.
Why are you sitting around waiting for your parents to die? Will they disinherit you if you move?
If you think its so bad here go and live somewhere else for awhile and get some perspective on things.
The New World Order

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Brexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you sitting around waiting for your parents to die? Will they disinherit you if you move?
If you think its so bad here go and live somewhere else for awhile and get some perspective on things.
Well yes, off course the person has to keep a very close eye on the aging dotage parents or they may get influenced to do something. That something could be very disadvantageous to the potential inheritor kid. That is being tactical and machiavellian.

Since: Apr 13

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

The New World Order wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yes, off course the person has to keep a very close eye on the aging dotage parents or they may get influenced to do something. That something could be very disadvantageous to the potential inheritor kid. That is being tactical and machiavellian.
Yeah, you have to feel for the poor little rich kid who is bored silly while waiting for his parents to die.
If he doesn't have a life now he will never have one, poor sap.
Machiavelli was about how to rule. This poor bugger can't even rule himself.
Perhaps

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Brexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you have to feel for the poor little rich kid who is bored silly while waiting for his parents to die.
If he doesn't have a life now he will never have one, poor sap.
Machiavelli was about how to rule. This poor bugger can't even rule himself.
That remains to be seen in the future. Perhaps the guy inherited some of the business, financial smarts DNA?

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Perhaps wrote:
<quoted text>
That remains to be seen in the future. Perhaps the guy inherited some of the business, financial smarts DNA?
From what he says it sure doesn't sound like it.
useful would b nice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

I and many others do opinionate that Greater Victoria is economically restricted, socially cliquey, and not too prosperous in general. It is sad most people live their lives poor, friendless, and frustrated. The landlord kids previously mentioned have more access to resources and connections. I'm sure their Victorian lives would suck somewhat less than the average poor bugger?

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

useful would b nice wrote:
I and many others do opinionate that Greater Victoria is economically restricted, socially cliquey, and not too prosperous in general. It is sad most people live their lives poor, friendless, and frustrated. The landlord kids previously mentioned have more access to resources and connections. I'm sure their Victorian lives would suck somewhat less than the average poor bugger?
I have lived here for over 20 years. I have never met even one person who hates the place. I have raised two sons here. They love the place as do all of their friends that I have met.
These landlord kids and others who are dumping on Victoria must be the fringe of the fringe. I have never come across any of them. They are totally irrelevant to Victoria. They are people with personal problems.
The Truth of Life

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

There are many point of views on how life should be lived. One fact does remain constant wherever you are or whoever you are. "Money talks and Bullshit walks! Show me the money!" Lets just see how far you will go mired in desperate and hideous poverty.

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

The Truth of Life wrote:
There are many point of views on how life should be lived. One fact does remain constant wherever you are or whoever you are. "Money talks and Bullshit walks! Show me the money!" Lets just see how far you will go mired in desperate and hideous poverty.
Your point being??
hint

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

I think Truth of Life is hinting that the lower wages, jobs, greater expenses in Victoria will more likely make people poor in Victoria. I also think the idea of the post is that wealth money out prioritizes everything else?

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

hint wrote:
I think Truth of Life is hinting that the lower wages, jobs, greater expenses in Victoria will more likely make people poor in Victoria. I also think the idea of the post is that wealth money out prioritizes everything else?
Money is important, but to suggest that people in Victoria are "mired in desperate and hideous poverty" is laughable.
Food Banks and Rust Cars

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Brexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Money is important, but to suggest that people in Victoria are "mired in desperate and hideous poverty" is laughable.
Do food banks, shabby people, crack head addicts, wandering crazy people, run down crack houses, and rust bucket vehicles around Greater Victoria help enhance the ambiance and reputation of Victoria being "cozy, prosperous, happening, happy" Canadian metropolitan region?

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Food Banks and Rust Cars wrote:
<quoted text>
Do food banks, shabby people, crack head addicts, wandering crazy people, run down crack houses, and rust bucket vehicles around Greater Victoria help enhance the ambiance and reputation of Victoria being "cozy, prosperous, happening, happy" Canadian metropolitan region?
You are talking about a very narrow fringe of people that exist in every city. These people in no way define Victoria any more than they define any other city.
Get a life.
Mistake

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Brexx wrote:
<quoted text>
You are talking about a very narrow fringe of people that exist in every city. These people in no way define Victoria any more than they define any other city.
Get a life.
Victoria's big goal and dream in its life existence is to become a Heaven or Hell for the dead. "Newly Wed and Nearly Dead" and there is not much else in between. The moments when it does get things going and on target, it would be like the eye of a hurricane. Victoria wants to perpetually became an old folks home and cemetery. I guess dementia and death is an growth industry?
Dislike VictoriA

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Most boring city lived ever.No good food and shopping limited. Old people city.

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

There should be a special rate on the ferry for losers. Free one-way passage, but barred from the ferries after that.
Lets encourage the losers to get out and stay out.
No Way Ever

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Brexx wrote:
There should be a special rate on the ferry for losers. Free one-way passage, but barred from the ferries after that.
Lets encourage the losers to get out and stay out.
No tax payer is willing to pay for more subsidies. We should cut off all the various subsidies we have now to save even more tax payer money. Survival of the fittest, smartest, fastest means all the other deficients will just have to cease to exist.
Not Good

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

Every additional Victoria economic refugee fleeing to other towns and cities, provinces or countries will spread the bad mouthing about Greater Victoria's mounting declining reputation. It is easier to maintain a good reputation than it is to try to rebuild a ruined collapsed reputation. Sooner of later, the self delusional and complacent or incompetent Victoria decisions makers and most of the average people, will be rudely awaken to their factual declining fortunes. Common sense really does not exist after all. They will try to look for toilet paper rolls only when they have an immediate urge to crap or try to install fire sprinklers systems only when their building is actually burning. They will only get off their ass if it is on fire.
Disappointment

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

The lack of good pay jobs, and the weird social culture and political policies means their is almost no industrial base and the kind of wealth that industry can generate. Tourism and services are a poor substitute economic wealth generator. Victoria is full of the poor substitutes. Move to Victoria at your own risk and uninformed peril.

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Judged:

The losers leave and the winners move here to enjoy a beautiful place to live. I don't have a problem with that.
I don't want Victoria to change. I love it the way it is. Its not just a place where you go to find a job. Its a state of mind. If you can't dig it you shouldn't be here.
House prices are sky high and the vacancy rate for rentals is very low. What does that tell you? That its a lousy place to live??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 401 - 420 of1,100
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••