Comments
361 - 380 of 1,162 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Victoria The Pig

Victoria, Canada

#408 Apr 30, 2013
Greater Victoria is an social economic pig. No amount of fairy dust wishful thinking, optimism, and praying is going to change that fact. Some of my friends and I are real estate landlords' kids with access to some other resources. Even we hate it here sometimes. Our parents who control the goodies love it here and don't want to leave. We would sell everything once we inherit it all and move operations elsewhere. No amount of glossing over and makeup is going to change Victoria's role as the pig city cousin of Canada.
Truth is the Truth

Victoria, Canada

#409 Apr 30, 2013
Rhi wrote:
I rarely put energy into negativity, especially in text form behind the safety of a screen, BUT...
I am originally from up island. I love this damn island for it's beauty, solitude and its people. I've lived in Victoria for 3 years now, and growing tired of telling myself every few weeks.."suck it up, it's great here..you are being a pansy." No. you know what..this place is doing my head in. I am a sociable, friendly, good worker. In the last 2 months I have sold myself to employers, with returning interviews and "we like you, we will call you back!" no, they don't call you back. It's a tourism town, I guess we have a right to be artificial? Have you seen this place in the winter? Good lord, no wonder everybody loses it the streets are dead. Ya ya the weather sucks sometimes, but when it's beautiful....it really is beautiful. There's your crack head hobos who yes are very frightening,( Can't help but think what could be running through tourists heads when they see some guy with a dog sleeping in a bag in every nook and cranny on Fort st.) then the poor souls who didn't choose to be there, our government just kicked them out of the asylums in the 80's. Every place has it's pros and cons and it's people sitting in the town doing nothing with their lives and bashing it on some random forum they found on google. But by reading this 18 pager topic, is the proof not here? Cities have characteristics and this one has old wealth and narcissism.
It doesn't matter how the truth gets out to the world, as long as it does. Who does the spreading around is also irrelevant as long as it gets out. Greater Victoria as a whole system had plenty of chances to change its ways to improve. It has no validity for claiming unfair treatment from cyber bashing. It is its own systemic fault for not taking the opportunity to change and ascend higher. Now it must pay the price for slow, inactivity, and complacency in its misguided policies and their results. BC is also being dragged into the mud by policies and politics coming out of Victoria the capital city.

Since: Apr 13

Victoria, Canada

#411 Apr 30, 2013
Truth is the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter how the truth gets out to the world, as long as it does. Who does the spreading around is also irrelevant as long as it gets out. Greater Victoria as a whole system had plenty of chances to change its ways to improve. It has no validity for claiming unfair treatment from cyber bashing. It is its own systemic fault for not taking the opportunity to change and ascend higher. Now it must pay the price for slow, inactivity, and complacency in its misguided policies and their results. BC is also being dragged into the mud by policies and politics coming out of Victoria the capital city.
The fact is you can't handle the Truth, which is that you can't make it in Victoria, and instead of accepting that fact, and moving on to someplace easier, you are blaming Victoria for not being a place that you can handle.
Not everybody can make it in Victoria. You are evidence of that.
Victoria Yeah Right

Victoria, Canada

#412 May 2, 2013
Victoria is full of contempt. Saying it is "newly wed and nearly dead" is not sufficient enough to describe the place. I am glad I get to leave the region a few months per year. Being stuck for months, years, decades would probably drive me nuts like the other Victorian nuts. It's like being in prison on Vancouver Island.

employment:

You are so impressive and perfect, however, oh on not you! We will keep your application on file and when we find someone like you, we will give it to them. Also, are you willing to work 2x more work for 33% less pay?

dating:

You seem like the perfect one, however, ewww God with you!? I would rather continue to be an unreasonable picky ass and hope for a Hollywood star or super model. It doesn't matter if I'm a ugly dumb cow.

politics & economy:

I am a typical (majority) Victorian. We are anti industry, resources, anti success, anti wealth. We support politicians and parties who can do the most to drive away investors and make us rich. We can't have people here earning good money. We have to repress the minority of Victorians who like commercial and social success.

There you have it. That is more like it, a sufficient description of Greater Victoria for the world to read.

Victoria, Canada

#413 May 2, 2013
Victoria Yeah Right wrote:
Victoria is full of contempt. Saying it is "newly wed and nearly dead" is not sufficient enough to describe the place. I am glad I get to leave the region a few months per year. Being stuck for months, years, decades would probably drive me nuts like the other Victorian nuts. It's like being in prison on Vancouver Island.
employment:
You are so impressive and perfect, however, oh on not you! We will keep your application on file and when we find someone like you, we will give it to them. Also, are you willing to work 2x more work for 33% less pay?
dating:
You seem like the perfect one, however, ewww God with you!? I would rather continue to be an unreasonable picky ass and hope for a Hollywood star or super model. It doesn't matter if I'm a ugly dumb cow.
politics & economy:
I am a typical (majority) Victorian. We are anti industry, resources, anti success, anti wealth. We support politicians and parties who can do the most to drive away investors and make us rich. We can't have people here earning good money. We have to repress the minority of Victorians who like commercial and social success.
There you have it. That is more like it, a sufficient description of Greater Victoria for the world to read.
A sufficient description from a losers point of view.
He Just Insulted U

Victoria, Canada

#414 May 2, 2013
That Brexx guy just insulted everyone on the internet and not who are of the same idea that Victoria BC is an uptight, dead end, cheap, passionless, zombie major Canadian city. He just referred to all your kind as "losers". He has definitely been drinking the Victoria cult cool aid. That's some good shit huh?

Victoria, Canada

#415 May 2, 2013
He Just Insulted U wrote:
That Brexx guy just insulted everyone on the internet and not who are of the same idea that Victoria BC is an uptight, dead end, cheap, passionless, zombie major Canadian city. He just referred to all your kind as "losers". He has definitely been drinking the Victoria cult cool aid. That's some good shit huh?
By his own words he is saying he can't make it in Victoria. So, in Victoria he is a loser. Thats reality. If reality sounds like an insult to you then you need to make some changes.
Go Franchise Yourself

Victoria, Canada

#416 May 3, 2013
Brexx wrote:
<quoted text>
By his own words he is saying he can't make it in Victoria. So, in Victoria he is a loser. Thats reality. If reality sounds like an insult to you then you need to make some changes.
Perhaps you should internet franchise yourself into a pro Victoria/BC brand of blog forum. You are missing out on the action at the AnnabelleBF blog about how bad Victoria/Vancouver/BC is. They are way more vocal and opinionated than Topix. There are some new comments that really slams this place more.

http://www.anabellebf.com/2012/03/18/dont-mov...
Wrong Bet Pal

United States

#417 May 3, 2013
Brexx pal, you are betting on the wrong Victoria horse in this Canada economics race. I am stuck in my government work and the cut backs are just making work life 5 times more stressful in cheap and crazy BC. Looking up social blog forums is my only joy in a work day.

Victoria, Canada

#418 May 4, 2013
Wrong Bet Pal wrote:
Brexx pal, you are betting on the wrong Victoria horse in this Canada economics race. I am stuck in my government work and the cut backs are just making work life 5 times more stressful in cheap and crazy BC. Looking up social blog forums is my only joy in a work day.
I'm not betting on anything. I'm just enjoying life in beautiful Victoria.
If you are not happy with where you are or what you are doing you should do something about it.
The Matrix

Victoria, Canada

#419 May 4, 2013
Brexx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not betting on anything. I'm just enjoying life in beautiful Victoria.
If you are not happy with where you are or what you are doing you should do something about it.
Victoria is beautiful in your mind. The dark deeper cultural and character traits in Victoria is far more insidious and repressive. I have to say that Victoria is like The Matrix movies. It is a massive group brain washing masquerade. Maybe Victoria and life in Victoria is really The Matrix?

Victoria, Canada

#420 May 5, 2013
The Matrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Victoria is beautiful in your mind. The dark deeper cultural and character traits in Victoria is far more insidious and repressive. I have to say that Victoria is like The Matrix movies. It is a massive group brain washing masquerade. Maybe Victoria and life in Victoria is really The Matrix?
Your impression of Victoria is also in your mind. Its your mind that is making you unhappy, not Victoria. Go somewhere else and see if you are any happier.
Phoenix

Victoria, Canada

#421 May 6, 2013
I've been living in Victoria for 2 years now, moved here from the East coast. The people here aren't much different, once you get to know them. Get involved with a group, volunteer, something. People will not knock on your door asking you to come out.

Real estate is high, which is obvious. But the price is what one pays for the higher quality of lifestyle. The weather is usually fantastic, practically no snow, lots of parkland and wildlife, no mosquitoes. I could complain about many of the stores closing before 6, but that's relatively minor.

If you don't like it here, then leave, you have the freedom to go to any other province. If you don't like your predicament, then change it. Complaining about it on here will do nothing to change that.

Victoria, Canada

#422 May 6, 2013
Phoenix wrote:
I've been living in Victoria for 2 years now, moved here from the East coast. The people here aren't much different, once you get to know them. Get involved with a group, volunteer, something. People will not knock on your door asking you to come out.
Real estate is high, which is obvious. But the price is what one pays for the higher quality of lifestyle. The weather is usually fantastic, practically no snow, lots of parkland and wildlife, no mosquitoes. I could complain about many of the stores closing before 6, but that's relatively minor.
If you don't like it here, then leave, you have the freedom to go to any other province. If you don't like your predicament, then change it. Complaining about it on here will do nothing to change that.
I agree Phoenix. Its very nice here, and the people are friendly when you get out and mingle.
Cult Cool Aid

Vancouver, Canada

#423 May 6, 2013
Hah! All of you Pro Victorians, internal or external, are all basically some form of weird "cult". Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary and some others can out dance you with 1 hand and leg tied up. You Victoria will need both both hands and legs just to struggle to keep up.
Phoenix

Victoria, Canada

#424 May 7, 2013
Cult Cool Aid wrote:
Hah! All of you Pro Victorians, internal or external, are all basically some form of weird "cult". Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary and some others can out dance you with 1 hand and leg tied up. You Victoria will need both both hands and legs just to struggle to keep up.
You're calling a pro-Victorian a "cult" and then make comparisons to dancing without naming anything specific? That makes no sense.
Imagination

Fremont, CA

#425 May 7, 2013
Phoenix wrote:
<quoted text>
You're calling a pro-Victorian a "cult" and then make comparisons to dancing without naming anything specific? That makes no sense.
Oh BeeJezus, man! Use some imagianation! Calgary guy didn't literally mean ballroom dancing between Victoria and Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Ottawa or any other city. It is allegory imagery. He/she meant Victoria is overall a generalized under performer in economics, politics, social progress compared to many other Canadian provinces and cities. Oh crap, no wonder our other Canadians think BC and Victoria is populated by retards.
Phoenix

Victoria, Canada

#426 May 8, 2013
Imagination wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh BeeJezus, man! Use some imagianation! Calgary guy didn't literally mean ballroom dancing between Victoria and Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Ottawa or any other city. It is allegory imagery. He/she meant Victoria is overall a generalized under performer in economics, politics, social progress compared to many other Canadian provinces and cities. Oh crap, no wonder our other Canadians think BC and Victoria is populated by retards.
Erm, I think I know full well he wasn't referring to dancing. If you bothered reading my entire comment you would understand the part of "make comparisons to dancing without naming anything specific" as meaning he made a comparison without naming anything in particular. There's nothing worse than someone creating an argument without listing anything in particular, if you have an issue with economics you need to actually define what makes it different, not just a "OMG, ur money suxors".

I think you really need to re-evaluate who the retard is.

Victoria, Canada

#427 May 9, 2013
Cult Cool Aid wrote:
When people from Edmonton and Calgary take holidays they go someplace nice like Vancouver and Victoria.
that is right

Victoria, Canada

#428 May 10, 2013
Brexx wrote:
<quoted text>
When people from Edmonton and Calgary take holidays they go someplace nice like Vancouver and Victoria.

Precisely, Victoria is an excellent metro region to visit and bring lots of money. Living long term will be quite something else unless you happen to enjoy being poor and frustrated, by yourself and not belonging to a social clique.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Canada Has Too Many Immigrants 6 hr Toronto100 5
Is Victoria really a nice place to live? (Nov '10) Thu Brexx 1,053
Kim Proctor: Teen's Body Found Burned in Victoria (Mar '10) Aug 26 A Day Late Dollar... 1,871
Hitchhiking robot charms its way across Canada Aug 17 William 3
Why Victoria Chiropractors Choose BookMyCity Aug 12 heathw12 1
Rock Bay Girls Aug 6 always prentious 2
140729205754-pkg-moos-hitchhiking-robot-0000230... Aug 3 Injured cyclist 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Victoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••