First Prev
of 75
Next Last
Paul Bardal

Pasco, WA

#1 Jan 24, 2006
It caused me a lot of harm and grief.I'm SOOOOO glad to be gone from there.The place sucks.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
j smith

Nanaimo, Canada

#2 Feb 1, 2006
Paul Bardal wrote:
It caused me a lot of harm and grief.I'm SOOOOO glad to be gone from there.The place sucks.
Victoria is a lovely place to live and work. Its not the place that sucks, it what you make of it living there. Good thing you left because we don't need whinners here.
j smith

Nanaimo, Canada

#4 May 14, 2006
bardal are you there?
joblo

Victoria, Canada

#5 Jun 7, 2006
i agree on vic,but the tricity area seems like a desert.
Stan Tse

Canada

#9 Jun 20, 2006
to Paul Bardal
are you talking about Victoria BC?
the peaceful Victoria BC??
Victoria is exetremely peaceful!
sure the weather is a bit jumpy but hey you'll get used to it!

how can you say such things about victoria?
Lexi

Nanaimo, Canada

#10 Jun 27, 2006
Stan
you are so right, victoria is a beautiful place with beautiful people.
To this paul bardal person, you can not blame a city for your problems. Give your head a shake.
A proud citizen of the great city of Victoria.

To the person from florida, you can not blame the citizens of victoria for the person you have name who has supposed hatred of the usa. I do not agree with what that person is trying to carry out, hatred is horrible but DO NOT take it out on the many law abiding and hospitable citizens of victoria.

You say you have proof, then contact the police and deal with that issue with them, not the general public as a whole.

Thank you

A very proud Victoria citizen
Nancy

Canada

#11 Jul 16, 2006
I have lived in Paris and Toronto. I must say Victoria is one of the most boring cities in Canada. Everyone is old or homeless. I can't stand going downtown. The stench of urine makes me sick - and I lived in Paris. There are only about 3 nice areas in the whole city. The climate is not so great either. There are many great private schools here though and my children are in a great school (people don't want their kids mingling with the locals - doesn't that tell you something). There is a real them and us mentality.
lexi

Nanaimo, Canada

#12 Jul 16, 2006
nancy, I don't know what planet you are coming from to say victoria is boring and downtown stinks of urine. There much more than 3 places that are nice in the city. Maybe you should have taken the time to enjoy the beauty. Victoria is one of the best places climate wise to live in anywhere in the world, our weather compares greatly with California and IS WAY BETTER than Toronto's horribly hot stiffling summers and frigid winters (when Victorians are out for walks in the sun on dallas road, Torontonians are shoveling their driveways!!!!!!!) and smog galore in T.O.

If not, go back to yucky toronto or gay paris. Victoria is just fine and a very fun place to be!!

Victoria rocks!!! Toronto sucks!!
jackie

Nanaimo, Canada

#13 Jul 18, 2006
Nancy, get a grip. Are you for real? Come on, now.. I think you should take your turned up nose and move on then. Victoria is a great place to live. Full of life and culture. So what if there are seniors and homeless people. Seniors were once young, and they deserve to live in such a fine city. As for homeless people, Some of these people haven't chosen to live on the streets, by the way. Most are very kind people, and law abiding. How ignorant for you to make that comment. They deserve to live life to it's fullest. They are people too, just like you. You are so insensitive, and ignorant. Perhaps you need a reality check. Perhaps you find the city boring, because you have such a bad attitude. One day, you too will be a senior citizen. How will you feel then? Shame on you.
tarneiv

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#15 Jul 27, 2006
Hey Lexi,
I went to this gorgeous city Victoria just couple of days ago! Its like God's own city! I met a girl named Lexi there at the dance club....r u the same? I did not ask her number etc...but she was quite cool.
Taran4ever@hotmail.com
Lexi from Victoria bc

Nanaimo, Canada

#16 Jul 27, 2006
Sorry, not the same lady. However, glad you had a nice time. The weather has been great. Have met lots of very nice happy tourists, though. Have a great day everyone! Enjoy the gorgeous weather! Lexi, a proud victorian citizen.
wade

Duncan, Canada

#18 Sep 5, 2006
I agree with Lexi, victoria is an awesome place to live and work.
Dee Dee

Canada

#19 Sep 8, 2006
I moved to Victoria 6 months ago and am in heaven! How anyone could say anything negative about the city is beyond me. The weather is gorgeous, the gardens fabulous and the people incredibly happy and helpful. The homes have character, the gardens grow as if they're on steroids and the ocean is beautiful. What's not to like?

I think that people complaining about the city are just unhappy in their lives and need an attitude ajustment...
hanna

Duncan, Canada

#20 Sep 8, 2006
Dee Dee wrote:
I moved to Victoria 6 months ago and am in heaven! How anyone could say anything negative about the city is beyond me. The weather is gorgeous, the gardens fabulous and the people incredibly happy and helpful. The homes have character, the gardens grow as if they're on steroids and the ocean is beautiful. What's not to like?
I think that people complaining about the city are just unhappy in their lives and need an attitude ajustment...
I love your comments Dee Dee.. I've lived in victoria for many yrs. It's truly an amazing place. I am sure you will love it and appreciate it more and more, as I do. Welcome to victoria!!(:
Joe Tippytoes

Canada

#21 Sep 11, 2006
Of course its a good place !!! But there is a prentensous feeling here with all the pretty people, some of the hippys you bump into are arrogant to say the least and there is a problem of poverty here.
I was homelss here in Vic at one time, I did see that the support for them is very good, the homeless people (of course there is weirdos everywhere) are very nice and down to earth, some of the Yuppies are a little lame but also where aren't Yuppies lame. There is Red Necks here and there that might run you over in there pick up, but where near old growth is there no rednecks from out of town.
Some of the hipsters have there head up there but and people are overly stylized to a point that you can overhear conversations (like the one I heard in the little china alley music store a year ago, by a employee) about how they used to be a punk and now there not and all that kind of Jazz, for sure there is something lame about how fake everyone can seem, like most places in B.C. that have this be cool or get out of my face syndrome.
but other than that I find victoria a great all around place. Sure beats most places, but being so pretty has gone to its head like a hot teenager with all the hype,
fun it can be.
Billy the Kid

Camden, MI

#24 Sep 14, 2006
In a matter of ten days, I did two conventions. One in Nashville, TN and one in Toronto.

I never was so glad to get out of Canada in all of my life! Nashville....what a GREAT city! The night life was fantastic and you could walk around downtown without being afraid. There was ALWAYS a police presence whether on bike, on foot or in the patrol car. We did the hockey game and music scene til the wee hours.

Toronto on the other hand. The minute we got off the exit, some punk kid comes up to wash our windows. And then he start cussing at us, calling us f**king Americans. In the hotel, some drugged up punk came into the lobby and started randomly assulting people. The Continental Breakfast area they provided looked more like Beijing than Toronto. On Sunday morning, sleeping bags ALL OVER the streets near the Convention Center. These people, I am told, are "fake" homelesss. They are actually rich kids who make a better living at panhandling than working at an honest job.

My grandparents immigrated from Canada to the U.S. Now I see why.....
albe a horses

Victoria, Canada

#26 Sep 15, 2006
Well what a varied reaction people opine of Victoria , Yes the urine stink is high, the addicts and panhandlers annoying,
But these conditions are a result of the law changes, such as begging is not illegal, whoring for cash is not illegal, urination and defecating on public property is defacto legal ( this i have seen many times )
People in victoria seem self absorbed and do not consider others and refuse that for example the drug trade affects their lives, but the drug trade is semiprotected here, the cops stop harm to established dealers , by only reacting to complaints received so dealers call in on interlopers thereby having the police in effect protect the territory.
What a country , it is going the way of the states, the laws are hardly ever enforced, i expect his to continue to show the younger citizens the path to take. Is this what Canada wants /
dealers a nd customers ?
Bike theft is rampant, no solution being implemented.
Give up on the local police, the intimidation on the street is palpable.
Lived here 20 years wouldn't trade it for nova scotia tho.
seeker

Canada

#28 Sep 16, 2006
VICTORIA...is a boring and over priced dump...old folks home for the retared
joe

Duncan, Canada

#29 Sep 18, 2006
seeker, victoria is and always will be a BETTER place than that car theft hole you call surrey.
wade

Duncan, Canada

#30 Sep 18, 2006
victoria is an awesome place to live and work. so much to do and see, lots of fresh air.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 75
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Victoria really a nice place to live? (Nov '10) Mon lost hope 1,247
News Good life: No place for the lovelorn Mar 19 Nidke 1
Dentists in Victoria, B.C. Mar 13 Brexx 2
News Duncan man's 'Jaws of Life' selfie goes viral Mar 10 freethinkradio do... 1
Financial Literacy and Consulting in Victoria BC Mar 6 Choose Wisely 2
Rumbling noise in the sky (Victoria) (Sep '09) Feb '15 Brexx 157
So excited to save on my hyrdo bill - had to sh... Feb '15 Brexx 2
More from around the web