Victoria, Esquimalt kick off municipa...

Victoria, Esquimalt kick off municipal food drives

There are 2 comments on the Lake Cowichan Gazette story from Dec 4, 2012, titled Victoria, Esquimalt kick off municipal food drives. In it, Lake Cowichan Gazette reports that:

Victoria garbage collectors are giving a helping hand to the Mustard Seed food bank this week, picking up donations of non-perishable items from city households.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake Cowichan Gazette.

Marsha Bagby

Tallinn, Estonia

#1 Dec 5, 2012
I spent many years volunteering for this organization, only to find staff hording the best food and products for themselves, really sick people.
I am now in Estonia, volunteering to help many people who really need it.
Good luck with the stealing mustard seed!
SickCultureNoRea lPPL

United States

#2 Dec 6, 2012
Marsha Bagby wrote:
I spent many years volunteering for this organization, only to find staff hording the best food and products for themselves, really sick people.
I am now in Estonia, volunteering to help many people who really need it.
Good luck with the stealing mustard seed!
The news mentioned BC Premier Christy Clark said Victoria the capital city has a sick culture and no real people to an Ontario reporter. It must be the dirty truth when the leader slams her own capital city? As a born Victorian, I agree the whole Victoria Region is only tolerable for short vacations and not a long term place to live, if one wishes to remain happy and sane. The twisted, uptight culture, coldness, bad overall economy, stingy wages, ripping off workers, cliquey attitudes really annoys a lot of people as they flee from Victoria to Alberta when they could no longer stand the lack of BC appreciation for good workers. Victoria on its best economic day could not compete with Calgary, Edmonton and others on their worse economic day. Being stuck on Vancouver Island with no practical way out is truly horrible, like in prison.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Victoria really a nice place to live? (Nov '10) May 28 Freak Show 1,432
On Victoria (Jan '06) May 28 Freak Show 1,750
News The Canadian roots of Alice Munro (Nov '06) May 28 RDL 2
Bone Thugs-n-Harmony (Sep '06) May 26 RDL 3
Island Parent Article - dumb,dumb,dumb (Sep '06) May 24 RDL 2
News Softwood deal not to blame for job losses: Harper (Oct '06) May 21 slow and slower 3
News With 1 year to election, NDP needs to provide a... May 21 slow and slower 3
More from around the web