Support needed to remove Unrepentant ...

Support needed to remove Unrepentant Murderer from Min Security Institution

Posted in the Victoria Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Abigail Stevens

Victoria, Canada

#1 Jan 20, 2009
An inmate in William Head institution, Metchosin BC named Kevin James Arkell is serving time for the first degree murder/sex offence of Lisa Clark. http://csc.lexum.umontreal.ca/en/1990/1990rcs...
Facts: Convicted of the first degree murder of Lisa Clark, who died of skull injuries and whose body had been burned. The Crown led the evidence of a fellow prisoner who testified that while in prison the appellant told him that he had run down the victim with his car as she was attempting to escape from his sexual advances and then stripped her body and burned it. Another witness testified that the appellant denied making any sexual advances or assault upon the victim, stating that she had fallen accidentally while helping him push start his car, after which, in a panic, he burned her body. The trial judge told the jury that in order to find the appellant guilty of first degree murder, they must find that murder was committed while committing a sexual assault or attempting to commit a sexual assault. The jury returned a verdict of guilty of first degree murder.
To date Arkell is in deneyal of his crime. He is an untreated sexual offender doing a life 25 sentence and being held in a Minimum Security Institution seemingly impenitent and shows no remorse for his crime which leads me to believe this person is still a immense risk to the public safety of the community, as at any time he could run from the institution potentially creating more victims.
Inmates are always unlawfully at large from William Head Institution. You can read about it at: http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/text/media/rgnlrls/p...
How can CSC validate this inmates' security level considering the nature of his offence and his denial of guilt? According to the DC, an inmate shouldn't be housed in a minimum security institution if they are not admitting guilt. And because he's not admitting guilt to this day, any programs that he's done over the years have obviously not had an effect on his character. A minimum security level is not for criminals who continue to insult their victims and the families by denying guilt.
The public needs to write the Warden at William Head Institution to have him sent to a higher security level prison. This type of over sight at a Federal Institution is serious and must be addressed by the publics' concern.
The very act of him denying his murder/sex crime makes him 'untreated'.
Who fights for his victim and the potential of new ones? WE DO!!
Write: Warden Michael Gallagher
William Head Institution
6000 William Head Road
Victoria, British Columbia
V9C 0B5

Abigail
Forgive n Forget

Victoria, Canada

#2 Nov 7, 2009
Everyone deserves a second chance.

So shut your mouth, justice seeker.
STAY IN JAIL

Nanaimo, Canada

#4 Jan 5, 2010
HUH second chance where the hell is lisas second chance give me a break she lived just down the street from my family DO THE CRIME DO THE TIME AND HE DESERVES FOREVER TIME HE IS SICKKKKKKKK
RDL

Victoria, Canada

#5 Feb 8, 2010
STAY IN JAIL wrote:
HUH second chance where the hell is lisas second chance give me a break she lived just down the street from my family DO THE CRIME DO THE TIME AND HE DESERVES FOREVER TIME HE IS SICKKKKKKKK
Once again, shut your mouth.
Shawn

Princeton, Canada

#6 Mar 26, 2010
I have known Kevin closely since he was 8. I have only once seen any display of temper or agrivation towards another human being. To this day, I believe him to be innocent of the crime and will stand in any court to support that thought for him.
Wendy

Nanaimo, Canada

#7 May 22, 2010
re: Shawn's comments....WOW, he admitted it. Maybe you should send your daughter to visit him in an isolated cabin with a $1000.00 dollars on her when he's high on drugs, and see what he does with his axe and car.......
no name

Vernon, Canada

#8 Jul 6, 2010
kevin arkell is a sick man who raped lisa clark burnt her body and stole $1000. The rat that testified against him was anthony brown. As Anthony brown is known as a HUGE rat. kevin arkell and kelly-a man that raped and killed a chinease lady at the villiage green hotel in duncan- are known to be friends in prison. I hope neither of these sick pricks get out, as they WILL do harm to someone else. On top of that Kelly who is from the williams lake area raped a few different woman and when he murderd the chinease woman,took her across the street from the villiage green and crushed her head with a rock he was convicted because his finger print was found on the ladies glasses. These two sick assholes should never ever be released. And if your wondering how i know, i was in wilkonsin road when these pricks were arested.
albe ahorses petootie

Victoria, Canada

#9 Jul 6, 2010
He murdered a person , mercy? he admits he killed her, give him the same , ammo costs less than the horrendous cost of incarceration.
Harsh, draconian you may opine. But the victim is never going to be whole again.Give him what he seeks from others. No question of dna mistake . Spend the dime - shoot him.Yes to the unequivocal death penalty , he won't kill again.
double h

Victoria, Canada

#10 Jul 16, 2010
canada laws are more of a joke than george w. bush can ever be.

Want an easy life? Go rape someone. Want an easier life? Become a serial killer. This is how people think: a home, free food, and unlimited medical expense to take care of any diseases you may have.

There must always be a deterrent to crimes, and for those who were raised upon failure if there is no deterrent, then stealing, killing, raping is just another pass-time.

The point of a jail or prison cell is not properly understood by Canadian law makers. What's the point of sending someone to life in prison? They can't travel, they can't contribute to society, they can't produce anything of value. What the hell are they doing in prison wasting our tax dollars, living out their lives?
Justice?

This is not justice. This is joke for all of eternity.
pegz

Gabriola, Canada

#11 Aug 6, 2010
albe ahorses petootie wrote:
He murdered a person , mercy? he admits he killed her, give him the same , ammo costs less than the horrendous cost of incarceration.
Harsh, draconian you may opine. But the victim is never going to be whole again.Give him what he seeks from others. No question of dna mistake . Spend the dime - shoot him.Yes to the unequivocal death penalty , he won't kill again.

HERE HERE!!!! i have looong since thought the only way to deter people from killing people is to kill them. its a giant circle jerk, but eventually people learn or they die off, either wich way... the earth would be better off!
pegz

Gabriola, Canada

#12 Aug 6, 2010
Forgive n Forget wrote:
Everyone deserves a second chance.
So shut your mouth, justice seeker.
everyone deserves a second chance?? thats great how about you bring your daughter or mother to his house so he can brutalize her and then YOU give the second chance looser
YOU ARE THE DUMBEST PEICE OF SHIT I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS
RDL

Victoria, Canada

#14 Aug 7, 2010
pegz wrote:
<quoted text>
everyone deserves a second chance?? thats great how about you bring your daughter or mother to his house so he can brutalize her and then YOU give the second chance looser
YOU ARE THE DUMBEST PEICE OF SHIT I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS
Seriously you need to leave him alone.

He hasn't done anything to you or your family.
STAR

Nanaimo, Canada

#15 Aug 21, 2010
My relative needs to be in prison forever, he brought shame to this family. I do believe he did it. And don't attack me because I am related, I probably hate him more than any of you.
Toad

Canada

#16 Oct 7, 2010
I would go to many parties where kevin would show up to in Harewood. Kevin deserves everything he got, Life is not long enough for him.
unknown

Nanaimo, Canada

#17 Dec 4, 2010
AS far as I know as I know his brother he has been released from prison his 25 years were up in 2009!!!! I hope he stays far from where he grew up!!!!!!
Keep Him In

Vancouver, Canada

#18 Dec 10, 2010
Before Kevin murdered Lisa he continued to spiral out of control,Shawn you deffinalty didn't know that sick idiot,aggravation?......I guess you were not with him when he was in Woodgrove Mall shooting east indian people with a pellet gun?....or when he shot himself with a 22 shell bashing it with rock?.....Leave him in there...the worlds a better place.
Someone Once Close

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#19 Jan 5, 2011
I went to elementary school with Kevin and as I recall at an early age as his house was almost directly across the street. Police visiting his house while we were in grades 6-7 on a semi regular basis. He has always been a problem to society and a trouble maker. When this crime happened back in the 80's and I had heard of it. My IMMEDIATE thoughts of who could have done this and the name that came to mind was Kevin's. To my surprise he was arrested a few days later.

The fact that he still deny's the crime tells me worryingly we be hearing from him again. With the authorities holding this knowledge he should NEVER (have) be let out of jail.
russell kool

Beaverton, OR

#20 May 28, 2011
leave that sick sob in jail to rot, i know him form rock city school in nanaimo and he was a a hole.
baddogg

Nanaimo, Canada

#21 Aug 25, 2011
russell kool wrote:
leave that sick sob in jail to rot, i know him form rock city school in nanaimo and he was a a hole.
He's already out of jail and exposing himself to women at Westwood Lake.
Unknown

Whitby, Canada

#22 Sep 16, 2011
Met this scum bag in 1997 when he was at mission institution , i did a tour of the facility .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
On Victoria (Jan '06) 4 hr Sad dad 1,794
Victoria Music Thread (Nov '14) 5 hr Sad dad 5
News Fences surround Victoria homeless camp as facil... 13 hr Hogans Heroes 7
Is Victoria really a nice place to live? (Nov '10) Fri Owe You One 1,476
Looking for my Son Jason Brown (Jan '09) Thu ken 4
Came close to falling victim to a sexual predator. Aug 22 RDL 3
News Halton Region continues to be among the safest ... Aug 11 maybe 1
More from around the web