Canada prepares for an Asian future

Canada prepares for an Asian future

There are 408 comments on the Newsday story from May 25, 2012, titled Canada prepares for an Asian future. In it, Newsday reports that:

Chinese immigrants have flocked to Canada's west coast and transformed Vancouver into Canada's very own Asian metropolis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

AussiPino

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#23 May 29, 2012
Australia is the Western country that needs to prepare for it's Asian future. Australians in general still ignore it's Asian neighbors. Only economically Australia is tied with Asia but when it comes to cultural exchange, this is still very limited.

In regards to Vancouver, in general the Pacific coast of North America in general will be affected with the increasing Asian immigration/investors. These will be the first to feel the increasing Asian influence in North America.
the examiner

Montréal, Canada

#24 May 29, 2012
ill wrote:
more proofs that Chinese are mentally ill:
their value systems are perverted.
their minds are controlled by L.V., BMW, VW..(which cost fortunes to buy but actually worth not much, European cars are unsafe, unreliable yet expensive cars.)
Chinese girls in Australia are crazy lining up to by L.V. bags. Chinese rich guy in Singapore died in a crash, in his 10 Million dollar Ferrari (which proved Ferrari is very unsafe over-hyped and over-prices, only mentally ill stupid Chinese will buy.)
their women go after white European men.
even their 'Communism' was invented by a European.
why are Chinese so much self-brainwashed by everything European? strange..
maybe because of the Opium war? Chinese genes have been transformed to blindly worship everything from Europe? Stupid and Mentally ill Chinese.
and, they are also pushing up real estate prices like crazy.
they'll pay millions to buy some shanty houses which were worth only a few thousand dollars before.(one example in Vancouver, i saw a little house currently listed $2.3 Million dollars. which may sell for 2 thousand dollars some 20 or 30 years ago.)
Greg

Vancouver, Canada

#26 Jun 2, 2012
This Chinese influx has been happenign since 1985. Ive seen it first hand. They will pay 2.5 million for a house that sold in 1974 for 15000.00..Im afraid that its too late. We have been taken over and governments are ignoring the problem . We cant go buy in China, so why should be allowed to buy here??If I was permier of this province I would shake everything up. You kust be a permanent resident for 5 yrs before you can own or drive a car. 10 yrs before you can own a home. NO ACCEPTIONS!!!!Then I would work with local governments to stop this condo craze..Condos and lane houses are not the answer period. Vancouver was built with a variety of houses for families for for immigrants to come here when our own people are struggling. I dont care Im not a racist Im a realist. Now you have chinese buyers buying up whatever they can put theirt slimy little fingers on, they are ripping down all houses. We will have no heritage or history left. The only people here to blame are the sellers period. SAY NO AND DONT SELL TO ASIANS PERIOD..Sell your house to a buyer that wants to live there not a developer..dont sell to developers..We have to control our housing, government has proven that they cannot ...if anything immigrants should be living in basement suites not us born and raised Vancouverites..or as we are now known as HONGCOUVER
stop immigration

Cranbrook, Canada

#27 Jun 2, 2012
Greg wrote:
This Chinese influx has been happenign since 1985. Ive seen it first hand. They will pay 2.5 million for a house that sold in 1974 for 15000.00..Im afraid that its too late. We have been taken over and governments are ignoring the problem . We cant go buy in China, so why should be allowed to buy here??If I was permier of this province I would shake everything up. You kust be a permanent resident for 5 yrs before you can own or drive a car. 10 yrs before you can own a home. NO ACCEPTIONS!!!!Then I would work with local governments to stop this condo craze..Condos and lane houses are not the answer period. Vancouver was built with a variety of houses for families for for immigrants to come here when our own people are struggling. I dont care Im not a racist Im a realist. Now you have chinese buyers buying up whatever they can put theirt slimy little fingers on, they are ripping down all houses. We will have no heritage or history left. The only people here to blame are the sellers period. SAY NO AND DONT SELL TO ASIANS PERIOD..Sell your house to a buyer that wants to live there not a developer..dont sell to developers..We have to control our housing, government has proven that they cannot ...if anything immigrants should be living in basement suites not us born and raised Vancouverites..or as we are now known as HONGCOUVER
well said. i know someone bought a house for $3000. dollars 20 years ago (or a little bit earlier), now it is estimated to be worth $900K. it is 300 times increase.

the solution is to terminate immigration.

or revive the Chinese Immigration Act of 1923?

must tell political parties, ask them about their immigration policy before voting. vote for a party that says it will stop immigration.
stop immigration

Cranbrook, Canada

#28 Jun 2, 2012
AussiPino wrote:
Australia is the Western country that needs to prepare for it's Asian future. Australians in general still ignore it's Asian neighbors. Only economically Australia is tied with Asia but when it comes to cultural exchange, this is still very limited.
In regards to Vancouver, in general the Pacific coast of North America in general will be affected with the increasing Asian immigration/investors. These will be the first to feel the increasing Asian influence in North America.
California sucks because it is too Asian already.

“E HERE MAI FAKA 'OUTOU”

Since: Apr 12

Kanakaville, Wai'anae

#29 Jun 3, 2012
Immigration is stupid.

“To be or not to be”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#30 Jun 3, 2012
Immigration and emigration.
AZN

Scarborough, Canada

#31 Jun 3, 2012
To all the stupid A-HOLES who are blaming Chinese and other east asians for their woes, should consider the fact that east asians are not the ones who are responsible for the spike in the crime statistics.

Stop blaming east asians for the decline in the quality of life in the west.
AZN

Scarborough, Canada

#32 Jun 3, 2012
stop immigration wrote:
<quoted text>
California sucks because it is too Asian already.
What you mean Cali is too asian?

When it is hispanics who are the largest minority group.
FISH

Cranbrook, Canada

#33 Jun 3, 2012
AZN wrote:
To all the stupid A-HOLES who are blaming Chinese and other east asians for their woes, should consider the fact that east asians are not the ones who are responsible for the spike in the crime statistics.
Stop blaming east asians for the decline in the quality of life in the west.
it is mainly because of China. China now sells more new cars each year than the U.S., 30 years ago there were almost no private owned cars in China. think about change in gas prices? especially the recent 10 years.

and pollution?

maybe it is better for China to stay real communist like the 1970s. it'd be more like North Korea today but isn't that better?
FISH

Cranbrook, Canada

#34 Jun 3, 2012
AZN wrote:
<quoted text>What you mean Cali is too asian?
When it is hispanics who are the largest minority group.
Cali is like 13% Asian. which means 4.5 Million Asians. in absolute numbers it is much more than B.C.

in B.C. there is like close to 1 Million Asians. you already see the Asian problem?

Asians mainly live in S.F., L.A. which means more concentration in big cities.

think about South Eastern Asian countries like Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia etc. there is only 1% of Chinese in Indonesia or Philippines, but it is said this 1% of Chinese controlls 70% of wealth in Philippines or Indonesia.

a small percentage of Chinese can already do a lot of havoc or influence. think about Vancouver why the real estate is now in the million dollars range, just because of some Chinese immigration in the recent years? which used to be like priced in a few thousand dollars.

why were there Chinese Immigration/Exclusion Acts in both Canada and USA, even as early as 1885? till the end of WW2.

at that time Chinese must be only a very small minority but USA/Canada already feels the great negative impacts of this small number of Chinese immigration and felt it necessary to make laws to ban Chinese.

there must be a reason.
FISH

Cranbrook, Canada

#35 Jun 3, 2012
for some reason, Chinese is very good at becoming rich. they will do anything to get money and they are good at it. no morals, pure greed, a big selfish ego, and some other factors.

in the International community, China as a country is now the richest in the world in terms of owning money. China owns USA. USA is in debt, China is the debtor. soon U.S. military will become China's mercenary, fighting for Chinese interests.

U.S. military fighting in Middle East? as a result Chinese companies got the oil there. is U.S. military fighting for China? maybe yes.

China as a country is the richest in the world, Chinese as a group of minority in richest in Vancouver BC, in Indonesia, in Philippines, in Malaysia.. etc.
AZN

Scarborough, Canada

#36 Jun 3, 2012
FISH wrote:
<quoted text>
it is mainly because of China. China now sells more new cars each year than the U.S., 30 years ago there were almost no private owned cars in China. think about change in gas prices? especially the recent 10 years.
and pollution?
maybe it is better for China to stay real communist like the 1970s. it'd be more like North Korea today but isn't that better?
In the books of ppl like you.

It's okey for whites to run gas guzzling clunkers all they want.

That won't be a pollution problem. And it won't matter if prices at the gas station goes up, as a consequence of uncontrolled consumerism by white ppl.

But the moment Chinese or asians start buying cars and other items. They are held responsible for pollution, inflation and other problems.

Is this the real reason behind the complaints?
AZN

Scarborough, Canada

#37 Jun 3, 2012
FISH wrote:
for some reason, Chinese is very good at becoming rich. they will do anything to get money and they are good at it. no morals, pure greed, a big selfish ego, and some other factors.
in the International community, China as a country is now the richest in the world in terms of owning money. China owns USA. USA is in debt, China is the debtor. soon U.S. military will become China's mercenary, fighting for Chinese interests.
U.S. military fighting in Middle East? as a result Chinese companies got the oil there. is U.S. military fighting for China? maybe yes.
China as a country is the richest in the world, Chinese as a group of minority in richest in Vancouver BC, in Indonesia, in Philippines, in Malaysia.. etc.
People like you will never be satisfied until all yella ppl go back to being what makes white ppl comfortable.

Which is the little gooks who serve flied lice for 2 dallas?

You will only feel safe if China reverts back to being a poverty stricken pariah? Rite?
AZN

Scarborough, Canada

#38 Jun 3, 2012
FISH wrote:
Stop blaming China for everything that went wrong for the whiteys.

The main problem is the white people's animosity towards any nation, specially colored ones rising.

Your argument is totally bogus.

If China is using American military to fight for it's interests. Then why is China blocking America from attacking Syria and Iran?

Iran has plenty of oil and gas.
get rid of Chinese

Cranbrook, Canada

#39 Jun 12, 2012
i've found out Chinese(or Asian) under western regime are worse than Chinese (asian) under traditional Asian regime.

therefore, i think the west better leave China alone.

new Asian immigrants including the Chinese in Canada are disgusting. they are greedy suckers. Money and Ego is the only things they care.

these Chinese immigrants are like virus, a little bit is enough to destroy a society.

now the question is: how to get rid of Chinese in Vancouver or Canada.

there may be some good Chinese, but only a few.
those who did a lot of effort to come to Canada are worse than whose who choose to stay in China.

many new Chinese immigrants in Canada are disgusting. especially some Chinese women. Chinese women driving BMW SUV? those are dangerous stupid bitches. i don't think they deserve to own so much money in the first place.

these are EXTREMELY greedy, snobby, and selfish people.

Vancouver and Canada must get rid of this virus.

Since: Jan 08

New York, NY

#40 Jun 12, 2012
get rid of Chinese wrote:
i've found out Chinese(or Asian) under western regime are worse than Chinese (asian) under traditional Asian regime.
therefore, i think the west better leave China alone.
new Asian immigrants including the Chinese in Canada are disgusting. they are greedy suckers. Money and Ego is the only things they care.
these Chinese immigrants are like virus, a little bit is enough to destroy a society.
now the question is: how to get rid of Chinese in Vancouver or Canada.
there may be some good Chinese, but only a few.
those who did a lot of effort to come to Canada are worse than whose who choose to stay in China.
many new Chinese immigrants in Canada are disgusting. especially some Chinese women. Chinese women driving BMW SUV? those are dangerous stupid bitches. i don't think they deserve to own so much money in the first place.
these are EXTREMELY greedy, snobby, and selfish people.
Vancouver and Canada must get rid of this virus.
Trolling to get a reaction.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#41 Jun 15, 2012
Part of the problem is that the "asians" that we talk about, consist of so many different nationalities. There's Chinese, Vietnamese, Koreans, Japanese, Philippinos etc and most people can't tell the difference between the different cultures, and they just all get lopped together as "Asians." There are massive diffences between Asian cultures and as a white guy I can honestly say its not the Philippinos who are buying up the real estate in Vancouver.
full

Cranbrook, Canada

#42 Jun 15, 2012
BuckFurnaby wrote:
Part of the problem is that the "asians" that we talk about, consist of so many different nationalities. There's Chinese, Vietnamese, Koreans, Japanese, Philippinos etc and most people can't tell the difference between the different cultures, and they just all get lopped together as "Asians." There are massive diffences between Asian cultures and as a white guy I can honestly say its not the Philippinos who are buying up the real estate in Vancouver.
why don't you just say Chinese. it is certainly not Japanese.
Rick

Canada

#43 Jul 5, 2012
I grew up in Victoria and lived in Vancouver right after the Hongcouver days. With all honesty I can say that Chinese immigration and property speculation is destroying this city, erasing Canadian culture, heritage, identity and language and colonizing. Let's call a spade, a spade. The Chinese are colonizers and as a white multi- generational Canadian, I would be far more interested in ensuring we correct issues with our native peoples first instead of pandering to a greedy, workaholic, faceless culture of people such as the Chinese who are here to parasite off our hard-earned democracy and quality of life. End immigration from China now!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vancouver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News INTERVIEW: Rachel Notley pitches pipeline benef... 1 hr pot calls kettle ... 1
Planet Energy Scam (May '07) 23 hr avi 51
News Pipeline may well be defeated in courts, not th... Sun Piko 1
News CMHC president warns against scapegoating forei... Dec 3 Stop Statism 4
News Washington state officials 'very concerned' Can... Dec 3 KBW 2
where can you get free xmas dinner Dec 3 Chupacabra 1
Botox WARNING | BEAUTI-MED Laser Skin Care Cent... (Apr '14) Dec 1 Ilse DB 23
More from around the web