Strange case of Russell Williams retu...

Strange case of Russell Williams returns to court

There are 5 comments on the Vancouver Sun story from Oct 18, 2010, titled Strange case of Russell Williams returns to court. In it, Vancouver Sun reports that:

A A A A The wife of accused killer Col. Russell Williams, pictured, was expected to appear in a Belleville, Ont., court Tuesday to deal with a $2-million lawsuit launched by an alleged sexual assault victim.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vancouver Sun.

Since: Aug 09

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Oct 18, 2010
I love the article's assumption that being wealthy, married and with a successful military career means you can't or wouldn't or don't rape, torture and kill women you kidnap.
alphil

Raleigh, NC

#2 Oct 18, 2010
thats pretty crazy stuff

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3 Oct 18, 2010
corrective_unconscious wrote:
I love the article's assumption that being wealthy, married and with a successful military career means you can't or wouldn't or don't rape, torture and kill women you kidnap.
The lack of understanding of why a wealthy, successful military man would commit such crimes isn't an assumption of anything.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#4 Oct 18, 2010
He got Life, with no chance of parole for 25 yrs.

If he's still alive 25 yrs down the road, he won't get parole.

This man shocked Canada and shocked the Canadian military to the core. He will never be forgiven by his military peers.

Since: Aug 09

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Oct 18, 2010
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
The lack of understanding of why a wealthy, successful military man would commit such crimes isn't an assumption of anything.
Yes, there is an assumption, which you unknowingly reiterate.

It should in theory be difficult to understand how anyone not already locked up or being watched would kidnap, rape, torture and kill women serially.

Yet the article and your regurgitation assume that the wealth, marital status and military career in this case somehow necessarily makes the crime _more_ difficult to understand. That's the false, unacknowledged assumption.

I know this is too subtle for you to grasp, as your post shows.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tweed, Canada Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gene Simmons loves Canada (Jul '09) Jul '14 Tempest elettrica 5
News Health Canada presides over birth of billion-do... (Sep '13) Sep '13 pot 1
News Manitoba wants brakes on plan to ship oil north (Sep '13) Sep '13 Alex 1
News Victim of Russell Williams says she was left ti... (Aug '11) Aug '11 sad goings on 1
News National journal (Mar '11) Mar '11 UprisingRage 1
News Officer at victim's door as Canada Department o... (Nov '10) Nov '10 investigation not... 1
News Military burns Russell Williams's uniforms (Nov '10) Nov '10 CFB 1
More from around the web