ten more reasons america is better th...

ten more reasons america is better than canada

Posted in the Toronto Forum

First Prev
of 62
Next Last
hattiesburg american

Hattiesburg, MS

#1 Apr 10, 2008
10--the northern half of our country is not a frozen wasteland. 9--we can visit warm tropical places without leaving our country. 8--we don't have to protect our musicians from competition. 7--we have hollywood, canada has the toronto film festival. 6--we have las vegas, canada has winnipeg. 5--canada doesn't have millions of people trying to sneak in like we do. 4--we don't have an identity crisis. 3--our military's not a joke. 2--i'd rather win an oscar than a juno. and the number 1 reason america is better than canada is--it's a no-brainer. we're americans, you're canadians. do the math.

Judged:

82

51

48

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wesley J Ramos

Etobicoke, Canada

#2 Apr 10, 2008
Mr. American,
Do you really feel that items 5, 3 and 1 on your list are legitimate arguments for proving your point?

If I bashed America, which I would never do because frankly that would be gormless and boring, I'd have every knucklehead call me a racist and even perhaps a terrorist. Don't believe me? Ask any Frenchman.

Mr. American, you seem to be an intelligent person, with vast knowledge of Canada (you name-dropped Juno, Winnipeg and made reference to Can-con rules.) My question is: did you like or learn anything positive on your visits to Canada?

Judged:

30

22

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
john

Toronto, Canada

#3 Apr 11, 2008
Where to start?! Well ... America is a vast trailor park populated with Simpson-like and Family Guy-like people. America's lands and waters is filthy, cities are gang-riddled kill zones, America's warm tropical places are subject to frequent and dangerously destructive storms, America haS gEoRgE bUsH, America's Hollywoood has many Cannadian actors ( you can tell who they are because they are polite and don't behave like spoiled rich morons.), America's problems are too numerous to mention. hattiesburg american should read the news or watch it on his/her tv while eating sodium transfats while the couch creaks under the weight. OK one more, American beer is like making love in a canoe.%#@*ing close to water!! OH OK one more .. there are two million Americans in Canada on any given day of any given year.(You can tell who they are. They talk funny and their credit cards bounce.)

Judged:

40

36

20

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sammy

Belleville, Canada

#4 Apr 12, 2008
john wrote:
Where to start?! Well ... America is a vast trailor park populated with Simpson-like and Family Guy-like people. America's lands and waters is filthy, cities are gang-riddled kill zones, America's warm tropical places are subject to frequent and dangerously destructive storms, America haS gEoRgE bUsH, America's Hollywoood has many Cannadian actors ( you can tell who they are because they are polite and don't behave like spoiled rich morons.), America's problems are too numerous to mention. hattiesburg american should read the news or watch it on his/her tv while eating sodium transfats while the couch creaks under the weight. OK one more, American beer is like making love in a canoe.%#@*ing close to water!! OH OK one more .. there are two million Americans in Canada on any given day of any given year.(You can tell who they are. They talk funny and their credit cards bounce.)
I second that

Judged:

21

10

8

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
paul shykora

Calgary, Canada

#5 Apr 12, 2008
...I's do ''love'' both of Yous',tooo boot!!...eh.Thankyous'.GOD Bless.The hillbilly farmboy has spoken....now yodeling....eh...
hattiesburg american

Hattiesburg, MS

#6 Apr 17, 2008
i've actually never been to the great white north, but i read and hear a lot. canada and canadians are similar to americans. canada is the one only country on earth you could go to and think you were in america if you didn't know better. there are a few things positive about canada--you don't have george bush, you don't have to deal with hurricanes, everyboby doesn't hate you. but all in all ,america is still the better country. you canucks should stop acting like canada is a frigid utopia. from what i've scanned of your media canada has its share of crime and poverty. your health care system is a mess; it takes forever to get an appointentment. i used to live in a trailer, but now i live in a very nice apartment. you have all the problems we do, just less. that guy who killed his three kids in b.c. was trailer trash. canada is like america's underachieving twin brother--it looks and sounds the same, but it hasn't accoplished as much, and it's always trying to distinguish itself. canada should just accept its permanent role as america's lesser. now let me get back to looking at porn.

Judged:

39

22

21

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Danny

Fredericton, Canada

#7 Apr 23, 2008
I have a dual citizenship, so I like to think I've spent equal amounts of time in both countries, and can safely judge the people therein.
For one thing, I've never met a Canadian who is so ignorant and swollen with false pride that they can decide to judge another country without ever having been there.
On the flipside, I've met more American's like this than days in a year.
Good argument, by the way: "that guy who killed his three kids in b.c. was trailer trash." Wow. One guy. That'll change everyone's opinion.
"1 reason america is better than canada is--it's a no-brainer. we're americans, you're canadians. do the math."
A lot of Americans wonder why the whole world hates them...

Judged:

30

28

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Farshad

Halifax, Canada

#8 Jun 6, 2008
Canada is better or in other word best county in the world. Why ?
we don't have september 11.
we don't have ku klux klan.
we don't have hurricanes and tornado.
we don't have george w bush.
we don't kill the peoples because of oil.
we don't have slavery and segregation in our history.
we don't make fun of new immigrants due to the fact that they don't know how to speak english.
** canada = land of respect to ability and disability of each other **
I think its prove enough why canada is the best.

Judged:

28

27

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Caroline

Scarborough, Canada

#9 Jun 6, 2008
Take away a few major tourist destination cities and what are you left with in the US? Not very much.

Judged:

13

11

7

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Brandon

Ariss, Canada

#10 Jun 8, 2008
First of all Canada is way better America there is about a trillion reasons why. We dont be fuckin idiots and go and invade other countrys for no reason and we dont have to worry about going down the street without being shot or get your purse stolen if you were a girl.Americans do not have a clue because like someone else said you act like people from Family guy. And on alomost every tv show they make fun of us how we say eh, and how only 33 million people live here. But america has 250 million shitheads. And we have a better president (or prime minister) than america. Rarely we get a hurricane or tornado and how cares if its cold here. And did you know we were voted the number one place to live in the world for 6 straight years and that still is contining, While your so called great country was ranked in the bottom 20 or 30. Who gives a shit that we dont have vegas or hot places. I rather win a JUNO than a shitty Oscar. The only reason our militarys a joke (which is not true) because we dont envade other poor countrys. And to the person who wrote this thread most of got those ten reasons from his mom who was behind him watching him write this. And Canada is a way better country than america. Its a no brainer so do the math.

Judged:

20

18

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lou

Culver City, CA

#11 Jun 21, 2008
I have been to both. Canada is way better.

Judged:

23

12

4

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 07

Lake Huron, Ontario

#12 Jun 22, 2008
Wesley J Ramos wrote:
Mr. American,
Do you really feel that items 5, 3 and 1 on your list are legitimate arguments for proving your point?
If I bashed America, which I would never do because frankly that would be gormless and boring, I'd have every knucklehead call me a racist and even perhaps a terrorist. Don't believe me? Ask any Frenchman.
Mr. American, you seem to be an intelligent person, with vast knowledge of Canada (you name-dropped Juno, Winnipeg and made reference to Can-con rules.) My question is: did you like or learn anything positive on your visits to Canada?
Good post. My favourite (yes spelled with a 'u' in there!) is #3. Soemthing special to brag about that's for sure. Guess practice makes perfect with that #3 EH!

Since: May 07

Lake Huron, Ontario

#13 Jun 22, 2008
john wrote:
Where to start?! Well ... America is a vast trailor park populated with Simpson-like and Family Guy-like people. America's lands and waters is filthy, cities are gang-riddled kill zones, America's warm tropical places are subject to frequent and dangerously destructive storms, America haS gEoRgE bUsH, America's Hollywoood has many Cannadian actors ( you can tell who they are because they are polite and don't behave like spoiled rich morons.), America's problems are too numerous to mention. hattiesburg american should read the news or watch it on his/her tv while eating sodium transfats while the couch creaks under the weight. OK one more, American beer is like making love in a canoe.%#@*ing close to water!! OH OK one more .. there are two million Americans in Canada on any given day of any given year.(You can tell who they are. They talk funny and their credit cards bounce.)
hahaha You forgot one - they say HUH??? HUH WHAT DID YOU SAY HUH??? And they dare to make fun of our EH!!

Since: May 07

Lake Huron, Ontario

#14 Jun 22, 2008
hattiesburg american wrote:
i've actually never been to the great white north, but i read and hear a lot. canada and canadians are similar to americans. canada is the one only country on earth you could go to and think you were in america if you didn't know better. there are a few things positive about canada--you don't have george bush, you don't have to deal with hurricanes, everyboby doesn't hate you. but all in all ,america is still the better country. you canucks should stop acting like canada is a frigid utopia. from what i've scanned of your media canada has its share of crime and poverty. your health care system is a mess; it takes forever to get an appointentment. i used to live in a trailer, but now i live in a very nice apartment. you have all the problems we do, just less. that guy who killed his three kids in b.c. was trailer trash. canada is like america's underachieving twin brother--it looks and sounds the same, but it hasn't accoplished as much, and it's always trying to distinguish itself. canada should just accept its permanent role as america's lesser. now let me get back to looking at porn.
We haven't accomplished as much? Like what? You started out so nicely too!! I think both countries are very similar with our health care problems/successes, our poverty, our crime rates, our beautiful parks on and on. Your best line is a toss up - between not having Mr. Bush and everyone hating you Americans -- YES INDEED that sounds like we are a 'lesser' country! HUH??

Since: May 07

Lake Huron, Ontario

#15 Jun 22, 2008
Farshad wrote:
Canada is better or in other word best county in the world. Why ?
we don't have september 11.
we don't have ku klux klan.
we don't have hurricanes and tornado.
we don't have george w bush.
we don't kill the peoples because of oil.
we don't have slavery and segregation in our history.
we don't make fun of new immigrants due to the fact that they don't know how to speak english.
** canada = land of respect to ability and disability of each other **
I think its prove enough why canada is the best.
Nice post - very nice. But we do have tornadoes, just not those big violent ones they have in the U.S.. And you forgot - we don't have Mr. Bush!! Whew!
Mr Healthcare

Milton, Canada

#16 Jun 29, 2008
it's funny how wait times are the only thing negative about our healthcare that you can mention. I would rather wait a couple of months then die because I could not afford to get health care. you just "scanned" the media and you think you have enough knowledge to say our healthcare is a mess. At least I have been to America but you have never been here so you have no valid opinion.
paul shykora

Calgary, Canada

#18 Jun 30, 2008
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA...and AMERICA.....GOD Bless.Thankyou's..All...I's..' 'LOVES'' Yous' both,tooooo booot!!!...eh.....
hooknose howie

Ridge, NY

#19 Jul 2, 2008
i am moving to canada!!i love you guys,you too paul! i need a place to stay,anyone want to put me up for a couple of weeks???
hattiesburg blow me

Canada

#22 Jul 2, 2008
haha, hattiesburg started another post too, he's getting owned on both.
Juno

United States

#23 Jul 5, 2008
Canada has poutine; all else is irrelevant

Judged:

17

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 62
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toronto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Advocates concerned about unaccompanied minors ... 16 hr Omars Cadre - Canada 5
What happened to Medihemp? (Mar '15) 19 hr Barhnaz 4
News Muslim man wonders if cross-border incident is ... Tue Dominique Mohammed 2
MILLIONS of CANADIANS DISAPPOINTED ! Tue WinnipegZoom Alum... 1
News 'It's going to be a real mess:' Canada hit by w... (Jan '15) Tue Prez of the Rez S... 3
News The Trump effect on Interior real estate Mon infinityliving 15
News Three people fall in High Park pond trying to r... Mon Leslie 1
More from around the web