What Kind of Police Do We Have Here i...

What Kind of Police Do We Have Here in Toronto Now???

Posted in the Toronto Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Upset

Whitby, Canada

#1 Oct 5, 2012
These Police here especially in our area are not here to 'SERVE & PROTECT'. Especially if you call them and need them, they either hang up on you or say this is a frivilous call and it certainly is not. Why are us taxpayers paying such high taxes when we do not even get the service here? Half the time they are sleeping either in the Mall in a corner and there are two cruisers, one watching the other and taking turns or in a Church Yard. We do not lie either and half the time we just need information. Apparently the Police here in our area are condoning that it is ok to sell drugs opening and have sex with the same person in the open too. What is becoming of Toronto? It is not even a safe place to walk at night any more either without worrying about somebody coming out of their hedges and could hurt you. We do not live in a Police State and should have the Freedom of Speech. We should have a meeting for the residents who reside here and they can speak out what is going on. Otherwise send us in the mail a questionaire that we can express our own opinion about these Police here. We should have Police who want to do their job properly or otherwise get rid of them and get Police who want to help people especially the victims, not the perpetrators. It seems that some Police are siding and believing the Perpetrators and not believing the victims at all. One day there is going to be a shooting here and I do not want to be around. What kind of law do we have here in Canada. We want our area cleaned up and not like another Jane & Finch. Do something constructive for a change!!! Our crime rate is pretty bad here and we never had it so bad before!!!
Upset

Whitby, Canada

#2 Oct 6, 2012
Is it asking too much from our Police in our area to come down and see what is actually happening. Their cars should have some sort of apparatus in it to let the Office know where they are and what time just in case of an emergency and our Police should be taking reports when they are called down here. Clean up this Division now!!!!
Upset

Whitby, Canada

#3 Oct 7, 2012
Wishing everybody in Toronto a very Happy Thanksgiving Day tomorrow and not those lazy Police. Let them do some constructive work for a change and believe the victims who are telling the God's truth and they do not want to believe us. One day when you refuse to come, it is going to be too late and then maybe you will believe the people who call in to you to come down. We do not appreciate being bullied or yelled at for no reason at all. We are human beings too. Just because you are wearing a uniform, you think you know more than us. In some cases maybe so, and others, you do not.
Torontonion

Richmond Hill, Canada

#4 Oct 8, 2012
In October 2010 , I reported hit and run case to Toronto police with the plate number and description of the absconding vehicle . I filed a detailed and graphic report with enough details to apprehend the offender.

No action followed. A follow up enquiry also failed to get any response. Since I am a man of color, I hope my suspicion of racism is just paranoia. I know there are racist elements in Toronto police...but I hope I am proven wrong.

The only other conclusion that I can draw is that Toronto police is inept and insensitive and does not really care for the life of the citizens.
Upset

Whitby, Canada

#5 Oct 8, 2012
This is really true about the Police here and they especially ignore the seniors too which is terrible. I am so happy to hear that you responded. I am not racism either, but apparently it seems our Police are. That is sure true that they do not care about the citizens, all they care about is how much money they can get from us and turn their heads in the opposite direction when the victim calls and they only seem to care when they get something from the perpetrator and what's in it for them. This is very true.
Torontonion

Richmond Hill, Canada

#6 Oct 8, 2012
Torontonion wrote:
In October 2010 , I reported hit and run case to Toronto police with the plate number and description of the absconding vehicle . I filed a detailed and graphic report with enough details to apprehend the offender.
No action followed. A follow up enquiry also failed to get any response. Since I am a man of color, I hope my suspicion of racism is just paranoia. I know there are racist elements in Toronto police...but I hope I am proven wrong.
The only other conclusion that I can draw is that Toronto police is inept and insensitive and does not really care for the life of the citizens.
If any concentious senior office of Toronto police wants to verify and investigate this, the accident happened around October 5 in 2010 on Windermere Avenue.

I would very much appreciate the basic courtesy , if Toronto Police at least informs me as to why any follow up action was deemed unnecessary.

The accident could have killed me. The offender could do it to somebody else in future since they now know that impunity is not a difficult proposition in the city of Toronto.
Torontonion

Richmond Hill, Canada

#7 Oct 8, 2012
Upset wrote:
This is really true about the Police here and they especially ignore the seniors too which is terrible. I am so happy to hear that you responded. I am not racism either, but apparently it seems our Police are. That is sure true that they do not care about the citizens, all they care about is how much money they can get from us and turn their heads in the opposite direction when the victim calls and they only seem to care when they get something from the perpetrator and what's in it for them. This is very true.
I sincerely hope that my racism suspicion is mere paranoia but I cannot rule that out since it is known that racism is endemic in police all over Canada.

Yes , I can identify with your complaint and exactly know how it feels.

Also , keep in mind that these dead weights are unionized and are ready to stand by each other in any event, even when they know their own compatriots are in error.
Upset

Whitby, Canada

#8 Oct 8, 2012
I know how Unions operate as I worked at Canada Post before and the more people I hear from and complaints about our Police, I will get a Petition started and send it to our City Hall directly and let them deal with this kind of complaint. I know the Police stick up for each other which is not fair to the Public at all. I am so glad to hear from you again about this. Please pass the word on to your friends if they have complaints and tell them to put this on Topix Toronto also. The more complaints, the better it will be for us.
Upset

Whitby, Canada

#9 Oct 11, 2012
This morning while raking up my backyard I seen one of the Police in an unmarked car and sleeping again on the street. What a nice job if you can get it and get paid for it!!!! Get something put in these cars so that the Office knows where they are at all times and what they are doing!!! They sure would find a lot of Police goofing off on the job. I sure would like a job like that and to be able to sleep on the job and get the high bucks they are getting. They sure do stand up for one another and the ones who did help the victims get fired and the perpetrators get away scot free. This is not fair to us at all. We don't need more Police, we need better Police who want to 'SERVE & PROTECT', not waste taxpayers money.
Upset

Whitby, Canada

#10 Oct 15, 2012
This Policy in Community Relations is dirty as they come, especially in Willowdale. He is sticking up for the perpetrator because he is getting something from them and he tells them when another Police is coming too. He should be taken off that position completely and immediately. He is nothing but a liar, bully and harrassing the victim. Anybody that has tried to help us, this Community Relations Person interferes and causes nothing but more trouble. All he does is sleep on suvelience. I sure would not mind a job like that and get paid the bucks he does!!! He is very insulting too and does not know what is really going on in most cases. Small wonder we have so many crimes and criminals getting away with a person such as this Community Relations Person who is not doing his job properly at all. Somebody who is neutral should be supervising what is really going on here. He is not taking responsibility for his actions at all. Nice work if you can get it!!!! All he does is deny what he really said to us and the other Police believe him. What kind of Police Force do we have here????
Clean up this Division before it is too late or is it too late already!!!! Like I said, an apparatus should be in each cruiser so the Top Police would know where and what he is actually doing on the job. Toronto is sure becoming a Police State with people in it like this Community Relations Officer. Small wonder there is so much crime here and the perpetrators get off scott free!!! Is this the kind of Police Force we want here in Toronto????
Upset

Whitby, Canada

#11 Oct 15, 2012
Policy s/b Police sorry
Upset

Whitby, Canada

#12 Oct 15, 2012
We still have a Freedom of Speech here in Canada and do not live in a Communist Country. Don't be scared to speak up before it is too late!!! We are paying such high taxes for what!!! We should stand up for our rights and not be frightened at all. This has gone too far already!!!
Upset

Whitby, Canada

#13 Oct 15, 2012
The Police do as they want and are not responsible for their actions at all. Is this the kind of Police we want here in Toronto?
Upset

Whitby, Canada

#14 Oct 15, 2012
You are absolutely right that lots of our Police are not doing their job properly or following up on it either. I think you should write in to the newspaper and let them know what is going on with our Police and what they have done to you regarding your accident when it was not your fault at all. I sure wish more people would not be scared to speak up as we still do have Freedom of Speech and do not live in a Dictatorship and this is not a Police State yet. Hoping to hear from you soon Torontonian.
Upset

Whitby, Canada

#15 Oct 15, 2012
People should not be scared to stand up for their rights, we just get bullied and harrassed by these Police. That is not what we want especially the victims here.
Canadian

Toronto, Canada

#16 Oct 16, 2012
What area of Toronto are you talking about- as Toronto is a large city, so you need to narrow it down. Also you seem to have a very biased view on the police. You have absolutely nothing positive to say about them. You must think everyone of them is bad. As for sleeping on the job- do you know if the officer had just fell asleep for a few minutes- do you know the hours they work? What kind of hours do you work?
Upset

Whitby, Canada

#17 Oct 16, 2012
I am not biased at all and it is Willowdale. There are other Police who are nice, but this one in particular and a few others are very bad. I am retired now. He took that job and knew what he was going into. That is his problem, but as far as being bullied, harrassed and falling asleep on the job, there is no reason for that at all. This particular one is sticking with the perpetrator and he should be neutral. His attitude stinks as far as I am concerned and do not want anything to do with him at all. I thought the Police were to 'SERVE & PROTECT', but not in his case at all.
Upset

Whitby, Canada

#18 Oct 17, 2012
This person across the road from us is selling drugs, not working at all, and stealing, selling stolen goods and getting away with this. We live in a nice residential area and it is the rotten people in it that makes it so degrading and the Police do absolutely nothing about the drugs being sold openly. We have seen this going on almost every single day and other people too in the neighbourhood are fed up with it too and want him to vacate the premises as he does not own it nor does he pay rent. He sleeps most of the day and is a night hawk. Where are the Police when this kind of thing is going on here???
Upset

Whitby, Canada

#19 Oct 20, 2012
I checked out in the front of our house this afternoon and our neighbour splashed paint all over the brick on the front of our house and last week on the walls inside our breezeway and we called the Police and they came and laughed. This is no laughing matter at all. Who is going to clean up all this paint? This guy is on drugs and doesn't know what he is doing any more and the Police are sticking up for the perpetrator again and to see what they will get in return for helping him out. There is no help for us at all. We seem to be living in a Police State here. Whoever out there who can help us, please come on line to do so. This is malicious damage already and we try to keep our place nice and clean too. The Police refuse to help us or even come to our house any more from 32 Division and why r we paying such high taxes for them when they do absolutely nothing to help you out. I have this Police's name and the time he was here. He was a real bully too. He said he does not want to see any more at all. It is ok if somebody damages your property and who is going to pay for it???
The Police are good for crap, excuse the language!!! I no longer have any use for them at all. Their day will come back upon them too and I sure would like to see it. Where is their JUSTICE today in this world????
Upset

Whitby, Canada

#20 Oct 20, 2012
Come on people out there and help us!!! There is still Freedom of Speech!!!! We should get a protest together in front of 32 Division and get rid of these bullying cops and harrassing ones too. Just because they wear a uniform, they think they are something big. They have no brains only sawdust up there. Get rid of these miserable cops who are not doing what they are supposed to 'SERVE & PROTECT', who and when and where? Only to help the perpetrators!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toronto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
POLICE: John Haines, CEO Addiction Canada Facin... 23 hr Bad Man 31
TRUMP - I'm No Racist - Sambo ! Mon TRUMP a CLINTON B... 3
News Fix Presto glitches, woman tells TTC after son ... Mon CBC - Are You Hur... 1
News Kathleen Wynne says scrapping Ontario's sex-ed ... Mon CBC GEY NEWS at 11 1
Shipping a vehicle (Jul '08) Aug 27 Veronica 48
POSTMEDIA - STIRRING the PHILPOT ! Aug 27 AIRBUS to PARADISE 2
TOBACCO ADDICTION is the Gateway to Marijuana ! Aug 27 TOBACCO LOBBY is ... 3
More from around the web