Premier Fitness Clubs (Yorkdale) Inc. and club general manager fined...

Apr 24, 2007 Full story: Canada NewsWire 285

Premier Fitness Clubs Inc. and club general manager fined for health and safety violations SCARBOROUGH, ON, April 24 /CNW/ - Premier Fitness Clubs Inc., a fitness club in Toronto that is part of the ... via Canada NewsWire

Full Story
ams

Mississauga, Canada

#41 Apr 1, 2008
pooo
Pissed OFF

Canada

#42 Apr 18, 2008
Their head office number is nine zero five, six zero two, nine nine one two. It wouldnt let me use numbers...
Good luck getting a hold of anyone though...b/c they have no receptionist...so unless you know someone's extention, you're not going to get through.
I worked there for a very short period of time (at head office)..and I quit after seeing how poorly the clients were treated. It is by far one of the most run down companies...and my gosh..if you see the head office... you would think all that money they're taking from people would be spent in the office...NOT AT ALL.
And their employees get NO BENEFITS...the management at the HEAD OFFICE get NO BENEFITS. Can you believe that shit?
Get a life

Toronto, Canada

#43 Apr 19, 2008
I've worked for the company for almost 2 years. Its great. All the issues mentioned above are a bunch of ignorant people who dont bother cancelling their memberships and they expect us to know they wont be using the gym anymore, and I bet if we would cancel their memberships right after their year there would be more posting complaining about us cancelling it without asking them!!
READ THE CONTRACT
ASK QUESTIONS!!
PAY YOUR BILLS ON TIME SO THEY DONT DOUBLE BILLYOU!!
We operate the same way all gyms do, instead of wasting time posting comments (which half are not true) read your contract, of course you rather say we fuked you up instead of saying i was to dumb, ignorant or an airhead to not realize i was signing for a year. No one ever walks into a gym and not expect a contract. It's just like a cell phone, you know u have to go on a contract, unless you pay more and go on a payg(pay as you go,for the ignorants reading this)
God, people its so eaassssyyyy, ASK QUESTIONS
lucky i guess

Saint Catharines, Canada

#44 Apr 21, 2008
I belong to Premiere in St. Catharines since February 2008 I guess I am lucky because any problems I have had have been addressed by the owner/manager.
I was ready to take pills for stress before I joined and have not needed a single one since i have started
hate Premier

Toronto, Canada

#45 May 2, 2008
Of course whoever is working for Premier would support the company - good luck.

You guys are trying to collect money from my mother who is out of country and did not use the gym. Since my mom is not physically in Canada, I went in with her signed letter which she mailed me overseas - to cancel her membership, and they wont' accept it. They renewed her membership automatically and has been billing for it...good luck.
Class Action Suit

Pickering, Canada

#46 May 6, 2008
My case is about to blow right open because they refuse to cancel my contract immediately. I will not allow them to walk away with my money.

However, can anyone tell me about the class action suit that they lost last year? I have a matter to enjoin.

Earl
earljtones@yahoo.ca
Class Action Suit

Pickering, Canada

#47 May 6, 2008
Wow! It is actually surprising to see someone defending the company. I noticed though that you were not bold or confident enough to put your name or a contact number.
I have a few questions to pose to you.
1. Why are the clubs (mens rooms) in Hamilton especially centennial and upper james and, scaroborough (Kennedy Rd.) so untidy and smelly? I mean you smell the toilets, have no soap to wash hands, etc.
2. Why has no one from your head office bothered to return 4 courteous messages, request for a call back to resolve an issue?
3. How can Premier FItness be one of canada's best 50 managed company and have so many law suits and fines against it?
4. Why do your staff give conflicting information especially at time of initiation or cancllation?

I look forward to yur enlightened response.

earljtones@yahoo.ca
PoshSpice

Oakville, Canada

#48 May 6, 2008
Went to the Yorkdale location today- my mom got a free 30 day membership card for me so I could sign up and attend the club for a month with her. Low and behold these ****ers don't tell you that in order to get the 30 days free you have to sign up for a ONE YEAR MEMBERSHIP! it does not stipulate that anywhere on the card- we felt so cheated and proceeded to walk out, but of course they did not let us and conned me into putting down 18 dollard in order to get 20 days free. Of course, the payment is bi-weekly so in the end 18+18= 36 dollars for 20 freaking days. They made me sign a contract for 20 days and say they won't charge me until the 20 days are up but for some reason I just know those buggers will try to pull something. Luckily they don't have my bank info...

Has anyone else encountered this? I just have such a bad feeling...

These people are such scammers and liars. I HATE their push tactics.
Hardcore

Toronto, Canada

#50 May 16, 2008
TO THE MISSISSAUGA RESIDENTS:
Wanna laugh? Premier fitness was getting ready for their big "grand opening" at the newly built Dixie & Dundas location. 5 minutes into this opening the fire dept. came and shut the place down as it didn't meet up to the fire code. Poor sprinklers, no fire escapes, etc. Nice huh? Meanwhile they were taking memberships from people. F******g retards.
Leeann- London

London, Canada

#51 May 18, 2008
My experience with Premier has been so bad and so frustrating that it is hard to adequately describe. Dealing with these people is so unbelievable, it would take pages to describe the effort involved in trying to get anything accomplished or get fairly treated.
In a nutshell, after paying for a year in advance for two years on my credit card and then paying for a year in advance on my debit card in December, Premier inexplicably started biweekly charges on my credit card in January. After months of hassles, runarounds and lies, I finally had my credit card company process a reversal on these charges (which finally have been acknowledged by Premier as being in error). That should be the end of the story, but guess what!!
Now my membership card is denied access to the gym claiming I owe it money even though I've paid for a year in advance!!!
Reading the accounts on this site and based on my own experiences it is amazing that this company is allowed to continue to operate in Canada or doesn't have some huge class action suit against it.
Maybe Member

Scarborough, Canada

#52 Jun 6, 2008
I'm considering joining Premier - however even if I pay all the money upfront, they need bank details or credit card number to 'secure the rate for next year'. Sounds a bit dodgy to me!!
Also the contract we signed was only photocopied on one side so missing all the small print. I'm glad I didn't put any bank details down. We were told we have 10 days to cancel so we'll see what happens...
Armando the Great

London, Canada

#53 Jun 8, 2008
Juicy, that is a FANTASTIC idea. Let's call the Prime Minister, RIGHT NOW and bring our troops home to Premier Fitness where they can REALLY do some good.

And another thing: What is WRONG with you people...honestly, who signs a contract without, I dunno, READING IT??? Do you not have to pay for your cellphone, regardless of whether it is turned on? Do you not have to make car payments regardless of whether you use said car?

The take home message, people: if you don't like working out, if you're never going to use the gym...DON'T SIGN UP. I work in a gym...TRUST ME, you'll save us a lot of headaches. The last thing we, the front-line employees, want is to listen to your crap all day. If you spent half the time at the gym as you spend writing these complaint letters you would maybe get some value from the gym
Madridista

Hamilton, Canada

#54 Jun 16, 2008
I am trying to cancel with Premier and they keep giving me the runaround. Fortunately my brother in law works for THE biggest law firm in Canada and he said that if they "continue" to take money out after I have cancelled, he will draw up a letter directed at them, and it's not like he's a secretary, he is involved with lawsuits with multi-billion $ companies.

My advice is to switch to another gym. My union has an agreement with GoodLife, but I don't deal with the gym, I deal with the union. GoodLife can't call me or send me ads because I can report them and it will damage their standing with us. I pay a yearly fee and 2 months before it's up, they contact me to renew.
DONNAMAE

Milton, Canada

#55 Jun 23, 2008
I NEED TO KNOW IF ANY BODY HAS A PHONE NUMBER FOR PREMIER FITNESS HEAD OFFFICE FOR COMPLAINTS SEEM THE ONE I HAVE IS DISCONTINUDED
Monkey Premier Club

Sudbury, Canada

#56 Jun 23, 2008
I am going to court against the Oshawa Premier Fitness Club.
They start charging my credit card for extra Personal Training Service 24 sessions(2300.00) without my signature on it.
I called to credit card to stop this dispute and finally received all my money back.
Then after 7 months club send me note for 1500.00 debt. and going to send my file to collection agency.
I just don't believe how this monkey business still running.
Oshawa Premier Fitness

Sudbury, Canada

#57 Jun 23, 2008
My experience with Premier has been so bad and so frustrating that it is hard to adequately describe.
Dealing with these people is so unbelievable, it would take pages to describe the effort involved in trying to get anything accomplished or get fairly treated.
Premier inexplicably started biweekly charges on my credit card for Personal Training Service ($2300.00) 24 payments.$88.00 bi weekly without my signature on this extra contract.
After months of hassles, runarounds and lies, I finally had my credit card company process a reversal on these charges. That should be the end of the story, but guess what!!
Now I received a notice for outstanding balance of $1300.00 and they will send my file to the Collection Agency if I not pay it.!!!
Reading the accounts on this site and based on my own experiences it is amazing that this company is allowed to continue to operate in Canada or doesn't have some huge class action suit against it.
X-Tina

Kingston, Canada

#58 Jun 25, 2008
Eryn wrote:
Never again! Premier should be held accountable for all of the people they have taken advantage of. I cancelled my membership 5 days after joining, after finding that the facilities were understaffed and dirty. I was told I could only cancel through the manager and to leave him a message. After doing this 5 times I set up an appointment with the manager. I went in for the appointment and the manager was not in the office. The girl at the dest said she would take my credit card info and cancel it herself. A year later now, I am charged $860.00 on my credit card, and they say that I never cancelled. Now I am waiting and hoping my credit card company will do something about the issue!
Same thing has happened to me, only I did not give any credit card information or void cheque, NOTHING!! After signing papers and not paying anything, I went back 3 days later to tell them I just couldn't afford it at the time. She said that was fine and she would just rip up the form because I didn't pay anything and it hadn't gone to the head office yet. The gym was not even opened yet, there was still 2 weeks before the "grand opening". I believe on the contract that it said that you have up to 2 weeks or something to cancel your membership and be completely refunded. Well I cancelled and apparently owe around $600 for not even stepping foot in the actual gym. How can the get away with this?!? I personally would never recomend going to premiere fitness, unless you are a millionaire and like to throw your money down the drain.
And for the people that "work" at premiere or support what they are doing, you absolutely disgust me. I have not heard one good thing about that place, that's right, NOT ONE!!! You must be getting in on the money they rip off of their members, because no one in their right mind should be supporting this so called "business"!
X-Tina

Kingston, Canada

#59 Jun 25, 2008
Armando the Great wrote:
Juicy, that is a FANTASTIC idea. Let's call the Prime Minister, RIGHT NOW and bring our troops home to Premier Fitness where they can REALLY do some good.
And another thing: What is WRONG with you people...honestly, who signs a contract without, I dunno, READING IT??? Do you not have to pay for your cellphone, regardless of whether it is turned on? Do you not have to make car payments regardless of whether you use said car?
The take home message, people: if you don't like working out, if you're never going to use the gym...DON'T SIGN UP. I work in a gym...TRUST ME, you'll save us a lot of headaches. The last thing we, the front-line employees, want is to listen to your crap all day. If you spent half the time at the gym as you spend writing these complaint letters you would maybe get some value from the gym
Well I guess we all know now why these gyms are so unpleasant. "Armando the Great" ha, why are you so "great"? Because you are at the other end of this major scam.. you are infact the scammer.. You may not be doing it directly to the member, but you are definitely a part of it as you are the one who is "helping" these members get in shape. RIGHT! The only thing getting in shape is their wallet because there is money jumping right out of it and landing in the hands of true scam artists. As far as reading the contract, not sure if you have ever had to read one (probably not cuz you sound like a mommy's boy who gets everything handed to you), but the writing is no where as big as where they ask your information, and some people may not be able to read this very well. I know... get glasses right, wrong this writing should be larger. If they have nothing to hide why is the font such a small size?? Anyways, people like you really p!$$ me off, you THINK you are better than everyone, and believe me everyone around you knows you think that way, including me, and I have not even met you, nor would I like to. Your arrogance, and ignorants to the world says it all. One day you will have something like this happen to you, and when it does, I hope you get laughed at, and raped right up the @$$ for money! YOU DESERVE IT " Armando the Great"

Since: Jun 08

Hamilton, Canada

#60 Jun 26, 2008
Good day!
I'm curious, Oshawa Premier Fitness, about that personal trainer contract you mention. Had you signed up for personal training in the past? I wonder why didn't you just confirm with them that all your sessions had been used up?

All you people here just keep posting stories about your bad experiences but you leave the explanation about how you got into your situation vague. Could it be that you might be at fault?
mississauga resident

Toronto, Canada

#61 Jul 2, 2008
My advice never give them your credit card as they started taking payments out of mine and mysteriously lost a years worth of post dated cheques and I had to cancel the card and they still had the balls to ask for the new #!!!!!
Even went as far to ask me to give them a cheque for the year upfront again. The tel to head office is 9056029912 absolutely diabolical people to deal with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toronto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
40,000 Aeropan Miles and First Year Free, New O... Thu Lania 2
Canadian brevity and matter-of-factness in the ... Thu My socks 1
Ward 2 candidates debate rural, hamlet issues Thu GlenMPAC cards sa... 8
Canadian Parliament on lockdown after shots fired Thu many Terrorists e... 1
Boycott Muslim businesses Wed My socks 1
The Star's endorsements for Toronto city counci... Oct 21 bulk mail and B S 1
Record-number of Toronto voters cast advanced b... Oct 21 Ward 2 Rob Ford 1

Toronto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE