Media Ethics a Nicety Not Supported by Print Media Bottom Line?
Posted in the North York Forum
Since: Aug 08
#1 May 22, 2013
Unverified but alleged crack cocaine phantom video hearsay and apparently viewed in the back seat of a car as suggested by Toronto Star employees for their alleged story DOES NOT MEET the SMELL TEST of RELIABILITY!
However it does sell newspapers in the medias never ending attempt of character assassination politically directed at Torontos Mayor Ford!
So called journalists or reports and their media bosses know that what they are
doing is reckless and shows no respect for their readers or the public in general.
It has become more than obvious to all Canadians that ethics within print media today is a nicety that their bottom line cannot afford!
According to one Rosie DiManno of the Toronto Star journalistic ethics regarding printing and reprinting of unverifiable alleged allegations of unverifiable video audio stories from self proclaimed drug dealers supposedly involving Torontos Mayor Ford on the sole word of two Toronto Star employees its Ethis Shmethics!
Jonathan Kay from the National Post is no better.
His latest story article, based on this phantom video supposedly provided by crack cocaine drug dealers on a staged video for profit from the proceeds of crime which is an illegal offense in Canada to Toronto Star reports, insinuates without any proof whatsoever that Torontos Mayor Ford is a crack head who should leave office before being proven guilty of any offense in a court of law?
Unless this guy Kay has some substantiated and verified law enforcement backed legal and factual proof for his libelous and defamatory remarks about Mayor Ford he could be in a heap of legal trouble.
Perhaps now Toronto lawyer Clayton Ruby in the interests of the public and law enforcement might come to the defense of Torontos Mayor on a pro bono basis in the interest of fair play, transparency and of course the public good like he has done and claimed to represent in the past?
In my opinion these two Toronto Star employees who broke this story about the Mayor have some unanswered questions that need answering in the interests of law enforcement, journalistic ethics and accountability for their actions.
The Stars very questionable, unverified and dubious story shall remain as such in the minds and eyes of public opinion until these two reporters and employees of the Toronto Star come clean and confessed to the motives behind their dealings with drug dealers and criminal types.
As such for profit schemes that are based on unverified and phantom video movies and hearsay recordings as to he said she said allegations for a very questionable, unverifiable dubious headline story and follow-up articles to increase circulation is NOT journalism in Canada.
And as such it must be investigated by the proper legal authorities for the protection of all public or private citizens.
Here are questions that must be answered by these reports and their employers!
1. For how long and how intimate have these two reporters known these self proclaimed dealers and their sources?
2. Has either of these two reporters ever smoked crack cocaine?
3. Has either of these tow reporters ever bought crack cocaine or other illegal drugs?
4. Did the Star or these two reporters pay to see the staged video or purchase drugs from these or other sources?
5. Were either of these two reporters the anonymous voice on the staged cell phone video asking the questions?
6. Did either of these two reporters participate in the making of this cell phone
7. Did any Toronto Star reporter, journalist or employee participate in any way with the making of this unverified video or attempt to entrap the Mayor to create a story for enhancing circulation and sales?
8. Did these two reports at any time prior to the release of the story advise the police about their ongoing contacts with these or other drug dealers
Add your comments below
|The top 33 iconic buildings in Toronto by neigh...||Sep 17||MIA in the GTA||1|
|1 dead in multi-vehicle collision at Highway 27...||Sep 17||MPP waste of skin||1|
|Gas leak closes part of Dufferin Street after b...||Sep 8||Gaz||1|
|New red light cameras curbing fatal collisions,...||Sep 2||they control GTA ...||1|
|Protesters begin fight against destruction of g...||Aug 28||where is rehabili...||1|
|The top 10 unbuilt projects in Toronto||Aug 28||KEVIN is LEERY||3|
|Toronto shuts down short-term rentals on Dundas...||Aug 20||lots never in new...||1|
Find what you want!
Search North York Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC