William and Kate set for P.E.I. adven...

William and Kate set for P.E.I. adventure

There are 2 comments on the CBC story from Jul 4, 2011, titled William and Kate set for P.E.I. adventure. In it, CBC reports that:

Prince William and Kate Middleton July 4th: 10:05 a.m. AT: Arrive at Province House, Charlottetown; followed by meeting with public on Great George Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC.

paul shykora ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#2 Jul 4, 2011
...IT IS a ''new-reborn'' wave of Monarchy-Popularity,...up-swin g,here......yada u u..eh.
Canada Republic

Jersey City, NJ

#4 Jul 4, 2011
British public paying more for Prince Charles

Britain's Prince Charles saw his taxpayer funding increase by nearly 18 percent in the past year as his subjects were tightening their belts due to harsh austerity measures...The heir to the throne's income from the government rose 17.9 percent from $2.6 million in 2009-10 to $3.1 million in the past year, according to his official accounts. This included a 40 percent rise in government grants to run Charles and Camilla's London residence and to fund the couple's overseas travels.

Spending on the royal couple's travel by air and rail jumped 56 percent in 2010-11 to $1.69 million, despite having travelled some 13,000 fewer kilometres than the previous year, say the figures covering the British tax year, which ended in April. At the same time, Charles's private earnings from the Duchy of Cornwall, his estate in southwest England, went up by nearly four percent to $27.8 million.

The total staff under combined household command grew to reach an equivalent full-time workforce of 158.9. Between them the Prince, Camilla, William, Kate and Harry now employ 33.5 private secretaries and assistants, at a cost of 2.8 million pounds, responsible for answering the 36,000 letters received last year by the family.

Charles employs one butler on duty at all times, as well as teams of valets and orderlies assisting in travel and clothing arrangements.

The cost of running Clarence House also grew by 90,000 pounds to 450,000 pounds. It is used to host dinners and receptions.

Sources: Independent and Ottawa Citizen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prince Edward Island couple tunnels 25-feet to ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 freethinkradio do... 1
News Snow on the ground and more to come (Feb '15) Feb '15 freethinkradio do... 1
News $50,000 reward offered for information on P.E.I... (Nov '14) Nov '14 PEI 1
News Principal pleads guilty to luring a minor (May '13) May '13 shelly long 1
News P.E.I. self-help group reaches out to adult sur... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Len 1
News Potato museum opens its doors with a new name (Jun '12) Jun '12 Ted 1
News Montreal university student on online chat foil... (Mar '09) May '12 lia 15
More from around the web