Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62329 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Annon

Buffalo, NY

#60446 Sep 1, 2014
Picnic wrote:
Father Dave Glassmire, are you bringing your boyfriend to Ascension Parishes Picninc next Sun? We parishioners would love to hear from him. We see him at mass on the weekends, but he keep quiet. Look forward to meeting your "Boytoy", AKA "The Burgermeister". And accomplices of Father Dave, don't feel the need to defend him on this blog, he knows exactly what he's doing!!
who cares!
Annono

Buffalo, NY

#60447 Sep 1, 2014
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
So what would you have me do to help the persecuted Christians besides praying for them? Should I take up the sword? Sorry, not my day to behead anyone. As for Dunkirk, the people here are so into their bowling and pinochle scores that they pay little attention to national and international events. And yes, our hometown paper publishes bowling and pinochle scores on a weekly basis. Cut the crap, though, when it comes to accusing us bloggers of trash, lies and vicious gossip. Much of what appears on this blog is true. Why don't you go lecture the former Corpus Christi pastor Chalupka about keeping it in his pants and to cease and desist with the illegitimate children. Tell him to either get married or get neutered. He certainly is the epitome of a morally bankrupt lowlife.
The love couple were the "top of the true topic" in many a conversation at this years Do-chinki. They have been spotted many places, and she has gotten larger, maybe she is pregnant again as some suspect.
They are both lowlife.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#60448 Sep 1, 2014
Annono wrote:
<quoted text>
The love couple were the "top of the true topic" in many a conversation at this years Do-chinki. They have been spotted many places, and she has gotten larger, maybe she is pregnant again as some suspect.
They are both lowlife.
You got that right. They are both lowlife. And looking back, I believe they truly enjoyed all their deception i.e. Cat-ee sitting at the front of Corpus Christi selling lottery tickets and showing off her "bump" while parishioners played a guessing game as to who knocked this homely girl up when she had never been seen with a man. Remember all the hoopla when the "popular Buffalo priest" Chalupka was leaving? TV stations, newspapers, a thousand people at the Mass, everyone raving about him and how much they were going to miss this spiritual, dedicated priest? He was still able to ascend the pulpit knowing he was living a lie and breeze right through his homily. A real snake oil salesman with a true calling for selling used cars.
Mister Lucky

Buffalo, NY

#60449 Sep 2, 2014
<quoted text>
So what would you have me do to help the persecuted Christians besides praying for them? Should I take up the sword? Sorry, not my day to behead anyone. As for Dunkirk, the people here are so into their bowling and pinochle scores that they pay little attention to national and international events. And yes, our hometown paper publishes bowling and pinochle scores on a weekly basis. Cut the crap, though, when it comes to accusing us bloggers of trash, lies and vicious gossip. Much of what appears on this blog is true. Why don't you go lecture the former Corpus Christi pastor Chalupka about keeping it in his pants and to cease and desist with the illegitimate children. Tell him to either get married or get neutered. He certainly is the epitome of a morally bankrupt lowlife.
We are doing the same thing that people did for Auchwitz and Dachau. We go about our business and talk about people's sex lives. It's much easier. I don't think anyone on this blog should put themselves up as a moral authority. Men and women have a big variety of faults even priests especially young handsome ones. Sounds like a lot of women of all ages, shapes and
sizes were chasing after that man and are still angry that someone else got him. I wish I could be so lucky with the ladies.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#60450 Sep 2, 2014
Mister Lucky wrote:
<quoted text>
We are doing the same thing that people did for Auchwitz and Dachau. We go about our business and talk about people's sex lives. It's much easier. I don't think anyone on this blog should put themselves up as a moral authority. Men and women have a big variety of faults even priests especially young handsome ones. Sounds like a lot of women of all ages, shapes and
sizes were chasing after that man and are still angry that someone else got him. I wish I could be so lucky with the ladies.
I think it's much easier for morons like you to bury your head in the sand and blame everyone but the offender. That smacks of Auschwitz (at least I can spell it), no? This has nothing to do with women chasing after a sawed-off sex maniac in a white robe. It has everything to do with a so-called man of God leading a double life of lies and deception and now flaunting that immorality around his former parishioners. As for MY vested interest, as a writer for the Am Pol Eagle, the hypocritical Anzelm made a first class fool out of me with his phony spirituality and posturing like JPII at the altar. I bought into it and thought he was the real thing i.e. a first-class dedicated, spiritual priest, and said so in print many times. Meanwhile, he and Cat-ee made a full-time hobby out of pulling the wool over people's eyes. No writer likes to be played for a fool that way, including the Dunkirk Connection.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#60451 Sep 2, 2014
<quoted text>
I think it's much easier for morons like you to bury your head in the sand and blame everyone but the offender. That smacks of Auschwitz (at least I can spell it), no? This has nothing to do with women chasing after a sawed-off sex maniac in a white robe. It has everything to do with a so-called man of God leading a double life of lies and deception and now flaunting that immorality around his former parishioners. As for MY vested interest, as a writer for the Am Pol Eagle, the hypocritical Anzelm made a first class fool out of me with his phony spirituality and posturing like JPII at the altar. I bought into it and thought he was the real thing i.e. a first-class dedicated, spiritual priest, and said so in print many times. Meanwhile, he and Cat-ee made a full-time hobby out of pulling the wool over people's eyes. No writer likes to be played for a fool that way, including the Dunkirk Connection.
Sorry but a lot of us priests and faithful have been treated like dirt by a lot of " respectable and respected clergy " . Look how many have been sidelined and silenced or worse. You should not take things so personally and not ever question anybody's relationship with God. You make it sound like a criminal offense because your feelings were hurt. Aren't you at least happy that he isn't gay?
Mordecai

Lancaster, NY

#60452 Sep 2, 2014
<quoted text>
Don't let the rectory door hit you in the butt on the way out.
Anon

Washington, DC

#60453 Sep 3, 2014
Mister Lucky wrote:
<quoted text>
When it come to priests and sex, the most incredible stories become credible.
It must be the fascination of celibate life and the titillation of scurrilous subjects.
annie

Buffalo, NY

#60454 Sep 3, 2014
<quoted text>
So basically, what you are saying is, you are an awful judge of character, read people completely wrong, then judge people you've never met as "morons" for giving an opinion that dares to contradict you. You have an incredibly inflated sense of self-importance. The AM-POL Eagle is not the NYT. You fancy yourself a reporter/writer for a media outlet yet you have no sense of proportion and have a completely self-centered view of the world. And when someone "hurts" you by not living up to your expectations, you rip them to shreds and destroy their reputation on this blog for years and years to come.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#60455 Sep 3, 2014
annie wrote:
<quoted text>
So basically, what you are saying is, you are an awful judge of character, read people completely wrong, then judge people you've never met as "morons" for giving an opinion that dares to contradict you. You have an incredibly inflated sense of self-importance. The AM-POL Eagle is not the NYT. You fancy yourself a reporter/writer for a media outlet yet you have no sense of proportion and have a completely self-centered view of the world. And when someone "hurts" you by not living up to your expectations, you rip them to shreds and destroy their reputation on this blog for years and years to come.
And your point is ...?
Anon

Washington, DC

#60456 Sep 4, 2014
The cause for the canonization of Archbishop Fulton Sheen has been stopped
because the Diocese of Peoria and the Archdiocese of New York are contending
the body of the great Catholic televangelist. In the Middle Ages they had the solution:
tear the body to pieces and build a shrine for each one of them!
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#60457 Sep 4, 2014
<quoted text>
And your point is ...?
You'lll never get the point.
Fred

Trenton, NJ

#60458 Sep 4, 2014
Any more parish closings on the horizon?
Mordecai

Lancaster, NY

#60459 Sep 4, 2014
<quoted text>
And your point is ...?
The point is . You can't read and comprehend at the same time.
anon

Eden, NY

#60460 Sep 5, 2014
Why is the apostolic nuncio watching someone on his computer? Why hasn't he delivered justice? Is he any different than those he has come to judge? Perhaps one of the two popes can tell us why.
anon

Eden, NY

#60461 Sep 5, 2014
I see you there, watching....and so does everybody else!
anon

Eden, NY

#60462 Sep 5, 2014
Perhaps Pope Benedict would be so kind as to translate for the nuncio.
anon

Eden, NY

#60463 Sep 5, 2014
If he would get on with the business at hand and deliver justice, then he might have to give up his little voyeur hobby might have to come to an end.
anon

Eden, NY

#60464 Sep 5, 2014
Forse Papa Benedetto sarebbe così gentile da tradurre per il nunzio.
anon

Eden, NY

#60465 Sep 5, 2014
Perché il nunzio apostolico guardare qualcuno sul suo computer? Perché non ha consegnato la giustizia? Egli è diverso da quelli che è venuto per giudicare? Forse uno dei due papi noi può spiegarci il motivo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Human Rights Commission recognizes Internationa... May 17 Jeeshush Sheeeria 1
News Editorial: Young and homeless May 17 LMLS 1
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) May 3 just like here 6
News a Beyond bizarre:a N.L. premier under fire afte... May 1 Ex Senator Santpo... 1
News Community activities, meetings (Jul '09) Apr '17 Grandparent in Mi... 5
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) Mar '17 bureaucratic-eh 3
News O'Leary says Atlantic provinces rely too heavil... Mar '17 Ben 1
More from around the web