Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 63305 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

anon

Buffalo, NY

#60365 Aug 11, 2014
I'll get you my pretty and your little dog too!

Soon you'll find out how much trouble you got.

Don't say you weren't warned!
Hawaii Joe

Lancaster, NY

#60366 Aug 11, 2014
anon wrote:
Aloha!!!!!
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#60367 Aug 11, 2014
Buff News wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything is blamed on the "Shortage" of priests. Priests owning their own expensive private homes where they entertain their boyfriends, such as Father Dave Glassmire, Ascension Parish, Batavia. Schools closing, Catholics disgruntled, while priests have fun because of a "priest shortage". Google Buffalo Diocese + Topix to see what priests such as Father Dave are up to all while schools and churches close. What does Bishop Malone do about it? Close more schools and allow the Father Dave Glassmires of the DOB to keep living private lives and have boyfriends. And yes, Bishop Malone is well aware this is the truth. Read Topix and see for yourself.
&#9651; &#9661;
Ther is no shortage of priests. There is only a shortage of good priests. I know there are some but where are they.
msgrbadski

Greenwich, CT

#60368 Aug 12, 2014
Check out Buffalo News article on SJV/CTK today. Is the priesthood situation improving in the diocese of Buffalo?
anon

Buffalo, NY

#60369 Aug 12, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
Check out Buffalo News article on SJV/CTK today. Is the priesthood situation improving in the diocese of Buffalo?
Those were impressive numbers as far as an increase is concerned. The article mentions that the increase is due to Pope Francis. I thought that was an interesting comment.
Glinda the Good Witch

Buffalo, NY

#60370 Aug 12, 2014
anon wrote:
You have no power here! Begone, before somebody drops a house on you, too!
Hawaii Joe

Lancaster, NY

#60371 Aug 12, 2014
Glinda the Good Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no power here! Begone, before somebody drops a house on you, too!
Aloha!!!
Aloha

Buffalo, NY

#60372 Aug 13, 2014
Aloha in the Hawaiian language means affection, peace, compassion and mercy. Since the middle of the 19th century, it also has come to be used as an English greeting to say goodbye and hello.
msgrbadski

Greenwich, CT

#60373 Aug 13, 2014
Aloha wrote:
Aloha in the Hawaiian language means affection, peace, compassion and mercy. Since the middle of the 19th century, it also has come to be used as an English greeting to say goodbye and hello.
Rx-DOB priest James Spielman lives in the Aloha state. I wonder what sort of affection he Is getting there.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#60374 Aug 14, 2014
kids shot in Buffalo. Death takes over. Where is the new evangelization when the culture of death overtakes the culture of life? I see darius pridgen . I don't see the catholic hierarchy.
Death where is thy sting? here.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#60375 Aug 15, 2014
My Husband, two children and I went to Mass at Assumption last Sunday for the first time, just to test the waters, we heard about last night's vigil Mass and Pot luck supper following, and thought what a good way to meet some of the other parishioners.
The bulletin said "just bring a salad or dessert, and join our parish family"
so we did! We dropped off our dessert that I made and the food looked great, a real taste of that Church. However, during the Mass the Pastor announced that all are welcome at the pot luck supper and a seat would be ready for you if you made a reservation, if you did not, you could stand in the vestibule and food would be brought to you at the front door.
I checked the bulletin, and nothing was said about a reservation.
Evidently, all are not welcome at that Church.
We will not go back.
Anon

Washington, DC

#60376 Aug 15, 2014
Anon wrote:
My Husband, two children and I went to Mass at Assumption last Sunday for the first time, just to test the waters, we heard about last night's vigil Mass and Pot luck supper following, and thought what a good way to meet some of the other parishioners.
so we did! We dropped off our dessert that I made and the food looked great, a real taste of that Church. However, during the Mass the Pastor announced that all are welcome at the pot luck supper and a seat would be ready for you if you made a reservation, if you did not, you could stand in the vestibule and food would be brought to you at the front door.
We will not go back.
Was your dish a donation, an admission ticket or an invitation to rate you as the best cook in town? If there was no more room, you should be happy to give up your seat to somebody who might have been really hungry or who has been away from the church for a long time.
That is what welcoming parishes do.
Question

Marietta, GA

#60377 Aug 15, 2014
Hey Aholes of PR and GB now that your rapist priest is gone for good and his mistress has taken all your valuables will you do us a favor and drop dead? That would make us really happy. You are nothing but worthless s hit and no one wants you around!
Anon

Washington, DC

#60378 Aug 15, 2014
Do&#380;ynki Festival at Corpus Christi: Best Pierogi Contest on Saturday, Harvest Mass on Sunday, Polish music and dances, barrels of beer and plenty to cheer! See you there. Bring a friend... if you have one.
Hawaii Joe

Lancaster, NY

#60379 Aug 15, 2014
Question wrote:
Hey Aholes of PR and GB now that your rapist priest is gone for good and his mistress has taken all your valuables will you do us a favor and drop dead? That would make us really happy. You are nothing but worthless s hit and no one wants you around!
You need an evening in the BEER TENT at a local lawn fete. Enjoy. Aloha!!!
Hawaii Joe

Lancaster, NY

#60380 Aug 15, 2014
Question wrote:
Get a life. Go watch Our Dailey Bread and cook yourself a good meal with a nice Cabernet.. Aloha!!!
Hawaii Joe

Lancaster, NY

#60381 Aug 15, 2014
Question wrote:
Or better still. Hold your own fundraiser. Aloha!!!
Fact

Buffalo, NY

#60382 Aug 16, 2014
We have a life! But I don't know if some of your supporters will when we get done with them. Your faghag friend's mouth and your lies are what is causing so many problems. Tell everyone the truth of what really happened and everything will stop. Let's see how many people will stand behind you now! Soon it will all be brought out! Have you talked to your neighbors lately? If you doubt me you should talk to them! I'm not kidding! That's my giving you a taste to see if I'm for real. If only you knew what else I'm doing but soon I'll tell you. And the house came tumbling down.......
Hawaii Joe

Lancaster, NY

#60383 Aug 16, 2014
Fact wrote:
We have a life! But I don't know if some of your supporters will when we get done with them. Your faghag friend's mouth and your lies are what is causing so many problems. Tell everyone the truth of what really happened and everything will stop. Let's see how many people will stand behind you now! Soon it will all be brought out! Have you talked to your neighbors lately? If you doubt me you should talk to them! I'm not kidding! That's my giving you a taste to see if I'm for real. If only you knew what else I'm doing but soon I'll tell you. And the house came tumbling down.......
What are you saying. Aloha!!!
truly

Buffalo, NY

#60384 Aug 17, 2014
Anon wrote:
We will not go back.
The same thing happened to me, and I'm a parishioner. But it is encouraging to see how many show up if there's free food......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'It's just really strange': Who is beheading th... Apr 19 9rivers 5
News Mainly about the money: Muskrat Falls inquiry l... Mar '18 water pollution 2 eh 1
News Passed out on Pleasant Street; in St. John's co... Mar '18 Witless Council eh 1
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) Mar '18 best-cheapest-plans 8
News Virginia mom mysteriously disappears from front... Feb '18 Nutcase 1
News Some cups misprinted in Roll up the Rim contest... Feb '18 dmann 1
News 'Bring drums': Boushie support rallies planned ... Feb '18 Meso Hohni 1