Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 59667 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Still

Buffalo, NY

#60322 Jul 23, 2014
Why hasnt the DOB dealt with Fr. Glassmire yet? Seems to me everyone knows this has been going on for far too long.
Unfortunately

Buffalo, NY

#60323 Jul 23, 2014
News wrote:
Great letter in the editorial section of the News today about the school closings where the writer states that this was one of the worst decisions ever made by the diocesan hierarchy.
Unfortunately, I believe more will follow. Their were MAJOR, MAJOR Blunders made with this round of closings and Malone is not man enough to fix anything. As it sinks in and none of the litigation are won, people who have nothing to lose will say something. i.e. people who don't work in the diocese or have anything to do with Malone! It will come out that he's an embarrassment to WNY. All people can do is vent. He'll probably wait till it dies down and slowly get back into his duties or he'll be on the first Jet to wherever? It's sad for Buffalo. We don't have a spiritual leader who we can support and believe in. He has kicked the children to the curb and most likely set the foundation for taking Catholicism out of WNY.! Sad,
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60324 Jul 24, 2014
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
Has anyone on this blog ever heard of the 8 th. commandment?
since when is it a violation of the 8th commandment to ask about some one's health or staius? some of us are trying to get at the truth behind these matters. They may point to serious difficulties in the DOB.
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60325 Jul 24, 2014
Unfortunately wrote:
<quoted text> Unfortunately, I believe more will follow. Their were MAJOR, MAJOR Blunders made with this round of closings and Malone is not man enough to fix anything. As it sinks in and none of the litigation are won, people who have nothing to lose will say something. i.e. people who don't work in the diocese or have anything to do with Malone! It will come out that he's an embarrassment to WNY. All people can do is vent. He'll probably wait till it dies down and slowly get back into his duties or he'll be on the first Jet to wherever? It's sad for Buffalo. We don't have a spiritual leader who we can support and believe in. He has kicked the children to the curb and most likely set the foundation for taking Catholicism out of WNY.! Sad,
Yes, Malone will probably make a few more closings of parishes and schools and then move on. I don't think he or anyone else enjoys doing this. Where will he go Chicago? Boston?
Hello

Buffalo, NY

#60326 Jul 24, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, Malone will probably make a few more closings of parishes and schools and then move on. I don't think he or anyone else enjoys doing this. Where will he go Chicago? Boston?
Malone is too old to be moved to another diocese. He's here to die and take the diocese down to the grave with him.
Anon

Vienna, VA

#60327 Jul 24, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, Malone will probably make a few more closings of parishes and schools and then move on. I don't think he or anyone else enjoys doing this. Where will he go Chicago? Boston?
Pope Francis said he does not like “climbers”
but he did not say anything about stepping down.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#60328 Jul 25, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
<quoted text> since when is it a violation of the 8th commandment to ask about some one's health or staius? some of us are trying to get at the truth behind these matters. They may point to serious difficulties in the DOB.
How much proof do you need to know that there are serious difficulties? The worst Bishop of Buffalo Award is a very contested Title
New Church

Buffalo, NY

#60329 Jul 25, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, Malone will probably make a few more closings of parishes and schools and then move on. I don't think he or anyone else enjoys doing this. Where will he go Chicago? Boston?
Close as many schools and churches as you can and demolish the rest including the faith, the faithful the doctrine, Christianity and the church itself. Isn't that the real plan of the new evangelization , " to remake the Church"
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60330 Jul 25, 2014
New Church wrote:
<quoted text>
Close as many schools and churches as you can and demolish the rest including the faith, the faithful the doctrine, Christianity and the church itself. Isn't that the real plan of the new evangelization , " to remake the Church"
It is widely perceived that esp. in the Northeast part of the United states. bishops are the managers of decline. Buffalo is no exception. Some of the problems did not start in the chancery, but in the pews, esp. with poor religious education, after Vatican II.
Anon

Vienna, VA

#60331 Jul 25, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
<quoted text> It is widely perceived that esp. in the Northeast part of the United states. bishops are the managers of decline. Buffalo is no exception. Some of the problems did not start in the chancery, but in the pews, esp. with poor religious education, after Vatican II.
Who is the first person responsible for the religious education of the People of God
if not the Bishop? And why are the priests, religious and lay people knowledgeable
and attached to the Faith of our Fathers so often ridiculed and sidelined?
Anon

Vienna, VA

#60332 Jul 29, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
The person who repeats evil gossip is just as evil as the one who invents it. We will all be punished for the evil we do.
At a meeting with Italian priests in Caserta Pope Francis said that "gossip seems to be
a characteristic of celibate life". Is this what is happening on this blog?
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60333 Jul 29, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
At a meeting with Italian priests in Caserta Pope Francis said that "gossip seems to be
a characteristic of celibate life". Is this what is happening on this blog?
Yes, People love to gossip. Men love to gossip more than women, Priests love to gossip more than most men. and the priests of the Orthodox church love to gossip more than most other clergy.
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60334 Jul 29, 2014
"Gossip is danger ,lived vicariously" (Thomas Merton)
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#60335 Jul 30, 2014
Defending Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do Fr. Dave Glassmires accomplices feel they have to defend his actions. The truth of the matter is: His home is in Amherst, where he spends the majpority of his time. He has a Boyfriend: And you all know him. He has been named on this blog and throughout the diocese. Go visit Fr. Dave at the rectory in Batavia, you won't find him. Go visit him in Amherst, His boyfirend will answer the door. Stop lying to defend his actions.
So what about Glassmire, look at Monaco, and others!
here in the DOB, I think it is the norm.
Anon

Vienna, VA

#60336 Jul 30, 2014
Did you catch this in the U.S.news?- Dutch Orchestral concert staged on May, 2014 was attended by Queen Beatrix of Holland. Before the concert started, the conductor, a Muslim, proceeded to give a lecture on the beauty of Islam. Then the Orchestra just ,,, walkout.
PAPA

Buffalo, NY

#60337 Jul 30, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
At a meeting with Italian priests in Caserta Pope Francis said that "gossip seems to be
a characteristic of celibate life". Is this what is happening on this blog?
The Pope is going to Philly next year. Could he swing by Buffalo? It's poorer than Philadelphia.
Bingo

Lancaster, NY

#60338 Jul 30, 2014
PAPA wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope is going to Philly next year. Could he swing by Buffalo? It's poorer than Philadelphia.
Yea Philly for cheese steak and Buffalo for chicken wings.Bingo!
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60339 Jul 30, 2014
"A gossip is always detested. He may live among others as a source of amusement, but never of prudence."_ Art of World Wisdom,, 228, Gracian
Anon

Vienna, VA

#60340 Jul 31, 2014
Ill deeds are doubled with an evil word.
)(William Shakespeare
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#60341 Jul 31, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
At a meeting with Italian priests in Caserta Pope Francis said that "gossip seems to be
a characteristic of celibate life". Is this what is happening on this blog?
Might be a good time to begin a discussion on the pros and cons of allowing women to become priests. This was possible many many years ago. other religions have accepted women to serve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is it mind over meds in depression treatment? (Dec '11) May 21 Jamestheduke21 6
News Chris Chant resigns, is not replaced May 11 drfrankvonkissmyass 1
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) May 7 lotsa ringy dingys 5
News Dutch cyclist retraces Terry Fox route on his o... May 3 other routes 1
News St. John's United to host Hymns for Haiti (Jan '10) May 3 what do MP MikeCh... 4
News St. John's United to host Hymns for Haiti (Jan '10) May 3 evacuated from Nepal 3
News Lung Cancer Smoke Screen (Jun '09) Apr 27 Kwane Mfusi 34
More from around the web