Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62212 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

discusted

Buffalo, NY

#60261 Jul 9, 2014
Catholic Charities wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are Catholic Charities Dollars Going ? Perhaps to Fund Private Homes/Sex Palaces for Father Dave Glassmire (who lives in Amherst, NY and is Pastor of Ascension Parish 50 miles away in Batavia!) and SEXcapades for Father Dave Glassmire and his well established boyfriend the "Burgermeister"! Wake Up People and stop giving until we see accountability from ALL PRIESTS, especially Father Dave Glassmire!
You are crazy. How the heck do you think this priest would get money from Catholic Charities? Get a life or go see the Bishop and tell him about your warped mind.
discusted

Buffalo, NY

#60262 Jul 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Where are Catholic Charities Dollars Going ? Perhaps to Fund Private Homes/Sex Palaces for Father Dave Glassmire (who lives in Amherst, NY and is Pastor of Ascension Parish 50 miles away in Batavia!) and SEXcapades for Father Dave Glassmire and his well established boyfriend the "Burgermeister"! Wake Up People and stop giving until we see accountability from ALL PRIESTS, especially Father Dave Glassmire!
Get a life, Go see the Bishop and get it out of you sick head.
Anonymous

Washington, DC

#60263 Jul 11, 2014
Papa Francesco has announced that on July 27 he will pay a visit to an Italian Protestant minister in Caserta, near Naples. Not a word to the local Curia or Bishop or the Archbishop/Cardinal of Naples.
His style is bound d to ruffle some feathers.
Anon

Newington, CT

#60264 Jul 13, 2014
<quoted text>
glassmire should be removed. Deviant
Anonymous

Washington, DC

#60265 Jul 13, 2014
Pope Francis likes to give interviews to the secular media: on the airplane, to newspapers, to atheists…Then the Vatican Denial Department comes in and says:“Nah, that is not what he really said or meant!” Perhaps Francesco is smarter then what we think he is. He launches ambiguous statements and waits for a reaction, only to let his spokesperson to cll a spade a spade. Buy the pope a tape recorder!
winning pope

Rochester, NY

#60266 Jul 13, 2014
So does the winning pope get a little boy if their soccer team wins?
Anonymous

Washington, DC

#60268 Jul 13, 2014
winning pope wrote:
So does the winning pope get a little boy if their soccer team wins?
Bring me a photo.
anon

Eden, NY

#60269 Jul 14, 2014
So voyeuerism goes almost all the way to the top. Wonder what the two popes would think of that.
anon

Eden, NY

#60270 Jul 14, 2014
No, I am not nuts.
Anonymous

Washington, DC

#60271 Jul 14, 2014
anon wrote:
No, I am not nuts.
You are credibly accused of being one. Ha, Ha...
Mary of Magdela

Tonawanda, NY

#60272 Jul 14, 2014
Are 2% of the clergy pedophiles? If so, why is the Vatican fighting the Pope's words. I do not think that is over the top. The same could be said for the Boy Scouts, camp counselors, etc.
Atlas Master

Newark, NJ

#60273 Jul 16, 2014
Parishes in The DOB should be regionalized. That would save lots of $$$ and solve the priest shortage problem.
Anon

Washington, DC

#60274 Jul 16, 2014
Atlas Master wrote:
Parishes in The DOB should be regionalized. That would save lots of $$$ and solve the priest shortage problem.
Will the collections also be regionalized?
Who will cook the books?
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#60275 Jul 16, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Will the collections also be regionalized?
Who will cook the books?
The one with the Vienna sausage.
You need

Buffalo, NY

#60276 Jul 16, 2014
Atlas Master wrote:
You need to have somebody up top who has a brain and will do the right thing. Buffalo doesn't have such a person. When you keep schools that are in disrepair open over newish accessible buildings their is something wrong..something very wrong.
Fate

Buffalo, NY

#60277 Jul 16, 2014
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
I am well aware there is no accountability on the parish level. Especially when it comes to hefty bequests and cemetery funds. Where does all that bequest money go? To the diocesan investment fund? I bet these pastors are only too happy to lay that fat check at the feet of their emperor. And you're right - the yearly financial statement is nothing but smoke and mirrors.
Strange the cemetery fund was mentioned. Dolan moved much to the cemetery fund before he bankrupted the Diocese of Minnesota and while abuse victims were coming forward. Today's News reports 20 clergy in ministry who were found guilty of sex misconduct with adults and children that was discovered in 2008. Priests hadn't had background checks since the early 1990's. Church monitors mostly relied on self-reporting. OH COME On..a pervert reporting himself!!!
Mike

Buffalo, NY

#60278 Jul 16, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
<quoted text> Good question. the standard varies from diocese to diocese. And the punishment also varies. Buffalo has been very light on the latter. some "retired" Buffalo priests would have been defrocked in other dioceses. The standard for credibility in most cases is actual physical touching. Look or mere talking does not cut the mustard as a basis for a credible accusation.
The problem is much more than abuse. It is the brainwashing and fear of telling anyone that changes the victim. This is why it is so important to get these matter out in the open.
anon

Eden, NY

#60279 Jul 16, 2014
Will Vatican representatives tell the Popes when they have been credibly accused? Doubtful. So it is up to us (me) to tell Pope Benedict in particular. I have heard that both popes are kept informed of what is/has been going on here.
anon

Eden, NY

#60280 Jul 16, 2014
Pope Benedict: Your high ranking vatican representative HAS been credibly accused of sexual abuse here.
anon

Eden, NY

#60281 Jul 16, 2014
Pope Benedict: Can you afford to believe that this is untrue without having it checked out? What about Pope Francis? Can he afford to let this slide without checking it out? Do you expect this individual to tell you himself?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Community activities, meetings (Jul '09) Fri Grandparent in Mi... 5
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) Mar 31 bureaucratic-eh 3
News O'Leary says Atlantic provinces rely too heavil... Mar 29 Ben 1
News St. John's rejects Kilbride seniors building (Nov '10) Mar 29 Ben 2
News Barricaded man apprehended without incident in ... Mar 29 Ben 1
News Unlawful confinement charges in Goulds domestic... Mar 29 Where is Ben 1
News reporter James McLeod up for prestigious politi... Mar 29 Fear and Loathing 1
More from around the web