Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62322 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anonymous

Washington, DC

#60196 Jun 23, 2014
in the news wrote:
I read in the Buffalo News today that 300 students are not going to Catholic schools. It's heartbreaking after driving by some of the schools that are closing. I see that those buildings are modern and their is enough land to move the Bills there. Yes, it's an exaggeration , but enough beautifully landscaped area that could be used for lawn fetes or carnivals to raise money for the parish and school like Queen Of Heaven in West Seneca which is a huge money maker! Not to mention having sporting events for Catholic schools. Or to take the overflow of those displaced students and teachers. Oh, well!
OR... Michelle Obama could come to Buffalo and teach how to convert all those empty lots into community gardens to grow cucumbers and pickle them for our long winter months!
in the news

Buffalo, NY

#60197 Jun 23, 2014
As long as she takes gov't money and pays the Bishop millions, so he can do what he pleases she can! You can never give the Bishop too much money for whatever his personal desires are....AMEN!
anonymous

Naples, FL

#60198 Jun 23, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
So, Ivan is allegedly out. Uhm, Does Bishop Malone have any idea who I am? As a matter of fact, can any of you bloggers identify me? Take a guess.
It doesn't matter. Please keep your comments coming, as they are true and insightful. This is from someone who lost his vocation on Knox Road, in East Aurora, many years ago.
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60199 Jun 24, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter. Please keep your comments coming, as they are true and insightful. This is from someone who lost his vocation on Knox Road, in East Aurora, many years ago.
You are not the only one who lost his vocation at SJV/CTK. and how many guys lost their vocations at DPS at 564 dodge St, because of the infighting and politics. Miller, Schihl, Kawalec. some of us remember.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#60200 Jun 24, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
And Fr. Anzelm lost his vocation on Hagen Street in Buffalo, what is going on in this diocese?
Inquiring Polish minds would like to know.
Freedom

Lancaster, NY

#60201 Jun 24, 2014
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the first $5 million goes to the Bishop's Fund and the bishop uses it any way he wants.That's why I haven't given in years. Rather donate to a canine rescue. The dogs are more in need and much more appreciative.
Maybe he will buy Drones to keep a close watch on his minions.
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60202 Jun 25, 2014
What is LiPuma up to these days?
ANON

West Falls, NY

#60203 Jun 25, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
Card. Dolan is currently overseeing a $175 million restoration of St. Patrick’s cathedral in New York.(It is just a building, right?)
How much money will Bishop Malone spend to restore St. Ann’s and make it an accessible place of worship as the Vatican told him?
How does a pompous heretic become Cardinal? He does more harm to the church than all the other scandals put together. He should join the circus and take some of his friends with him.
Dick

Lancaster, NY

#60204 Jun 25, 2014
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a pompous heretic become Cardinal? He does more harm to the church than all the other scandals put together. He should join the circus and take some of his friends with him.
I love his commercial (NOT). Dolan gravelling for money with the school children.Imploring the Govenor for help.
anon

Eden, NY

#60205 Jun 26, 2014
I have been trying to get a message to him since last Friday or Saturday but somehow it hasn't been conveyed. It is a generous offer (I think) in exchange for his intervention.
msgrbadski

Greenwich, CT

#60206 Jun 26, 2014
New and Philadelphia are closing more parishes in the next few months I wonder what they are planning at 795 Main Street.
I wonder

Buffalo, NY

#60207 Jun 28, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
New and Philadelphia are closing more parishes in the next few months I wonder what they are planning at 795 Main Street.
Well, I wonder if people will refrain from giving significantly after the current school closings? Parishes rely heavily on parents service hours and generational loyalties. Although Catholics are taught to turn the other cheek. Something tells me Malone figured that would happen, so he's good. Time will only tell....
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#60208 Jun 29, 2014
Did glassmire get penetrated last night
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#60209 Jun 29, 2014
Anon wrote:
Who cares if he did, and furthermore, who cares if you did.
Get a Life!
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#60210 Jun 30, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares if he did, and furthermore, who cares if you did.
Get a Life!
glassmire's a sexually active priest violating his celibacy. We care.
Anonymous

Washington, DC

#60211 Jun 30, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>glassmire's a sexually active priest violating his celibacy. We care.
How do you know? Are you his partner in crime?
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#60212 Jun 30, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>glassmire's a sexually active priest violating his celibacy. We care.
There are a lot of sexually active priests, and people in WNY. 21st Century-----Hello!
We are ALL humans, and created and designed for that.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#60213 Jun 30, 2014
Drones need to be sent to all these places to keep everyone in check!
Miss Clairol

Buffalo, NY

#60215 Jun 30, 2014
Anon wrote:
"Only her hairdresser knows for sure." (Of course, he doesn't have any hair!)
Mary of Magdela

Tonawanda, NY

#60216 Jun 30, 2014
Final figures are in and the DOB Catholic Charities Appeal has surpassed it's goal and raised a bit over 11 million dollars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Human Rights Commission recognizes Internationa... May 17 Jeeshush Sheeeria 1
News Editorial: Young and homeless May 17 LMLS 1
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) May 3 just like here 6
News a Beyond bizarre:a N.L. premier under fire afte... May 1 Ex Senator Santpo... 1
News Community activities, meetings (Jul '09) Apr '17 Grandparent in Mi... 5
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) Mar '17 bureaucratic-eh 3
News O'Leary says Atlantic provinces rely too heavil... Mar '17 Ben 1
More from around the web