Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62039 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#60115 Jun 11, 2014
Annon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think a lot of priests lead a double life. Look at Our Pastor, Fr. Chalupka at Corpus Christi, and what he pulled with the congregation and his order for so long.
I think Fr. Chalupka and his girlfriend enjoyed making fools of the CC parishioners. They must have thought they had everybody fooled -- and for a while they did. He must have fooled them pretty good while down in Yonkers too. I heard Fr. Chalupka was caught with his pants down - yet again - when the wannabe Mrs. C showed up unexpectedly in Doylestown. He sure had some 'splainin' to do to his superiors. Wasn't that about the time he left the Paulines?
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60116 Jun 11, 2014
Lazarus wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the same person. However, he was a 'monk' or novice of Mount Angel, not Collegeville. He appears not to have remained Orthodox very long.
He was ordained b Bishop Isidore Borecky, Ukrainian Catholic Eparch of Toronto. He later served in Eparchies in Phoenix and Parma. and made problems there also. The late Metropolitan Basil Schott removed him from ministry several years ago, for health reasons. He is still presenting himself as a priest. The court papers are sealed and since the reasons for his removal from ministry officially do not involve sexual abuse, theoretically, he can present himself as a priest. His "antics" are described in bishopaccountability.org . The only suggestion I can make is to contact, Bishop John Kudrick of Parma, or Archbishop William Skurla of Pittsburgh to see if further action can be taken.
Annon

Buffalo, NY

#60117 Jun 11, 2014
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Fr. Chalupka and his girlfriend enjoyed making fools of the CC parishioners. They must have thought they had everybody fooled -- and for a while they did. He must have fooled them pretty good while down in Yonkers too. I heard Fr. Chalupka was caught with his pants down - yet again - when the wannabe Mrs. C showed up unexpectedly in Doylestown. He sure had some 'splainin' to do to his superiors. Wasn't that about the time he left the Paulines?
I think Fr. G. and Fr. C. both have tramps after them who have no respect for the priesthood. All they do is trick them, and vex them. They weave their evil webs of sexual pleasure about them.
I think they really did not know what to do when something so strong and "devil like" hit them.
They were perplexed. They both have landed in their traps. We all need to pray for ALL of our Blessed Priests.
Earnest T Bass

Lancaster, NY

#60118 Jun 11, 2014
Annon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Fr. G. and Fr. C. both have tramps after them who have no respect for the priesthood. All they do is trick them, and vex them. They weave their evil webs of sexual pleasure about them.
I think they really did not know what to do when something so strong and "devil like" hit them.
They were perplexed. They both have landed in their traps. We all need to pray for ALL of our Blessed Priests.
And you must watch out for the wicked city women.
Annon

Buffalo, NY

#60119 Jun 12, 2014
Earnest T Bass wrote:
<quoted text>And you must watch out for the wicked city women.
some wicked men and women live in the country too!
A priest should always be on his guard, and ready for any situation that may arise.
Uncle Fester

Buffalo, NY

#60120 Jun 12, 2014
Choices wrote:
Father Dave Glassmire (Ascension Parish, Batavia) take time to ponder in advance of next weeks DOB Priest convocation the implications of continuing your homosexual relationship with your much younger lover. From neighbors reporting your boyfriend is over your private house and rectory every night, to others seeing you together holding hands at bars, restaurants and vacationing together. Why do you live this double live and insist on inflicting yourself on the faithful souls of Batavia? A priest in an openly gay relationship should be relieved of his responsibilities!
Saw Glassmire on the news yesterday as he conducted a funeral service for Sgt. Schmigel. Didn't recognize him at first since he resembled Uncle Fester. I thought to myself that if this guy is getting any action from a boy toy, he must be paying for it!
Daughter of Anzelm

Dunkirk, NY

#60121 Jun 12, 2014
To see Corpus Christi Church is such a state of financial and moral disarray makes me happy. People are leaving that church in droves. Thank you Pani Andy and Pani Jim and Mr. Helena for bringing the church to its knees. You're receiving the just reward for your fake brand of religious pride. It will be your legacy. Long live the historic Polonia district!
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#60122 Jun 12, 2014
Uncle Fester wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw Glassmire on the news yesterday as he conducted a funeral service for Sgt. Schmigel. Didn't recognize him at first since he resembled Uncle Fester. I thought to myself that if this guy is getting any action from a boy toy, he must be paying for it!
he most likely is paying for services rendered. Wonder if he has HIV yet?
Figured it Out

Buffalo, NY

#60123 Jun 12, 2014
Uncle Fester wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally Saw Fr. Dave Glassmire as well on the news at 6pm last night. I have seem him out and about with his boytoy . Kinda odd relationship because the boytoy looks barely legal and Father Dave on the news at least seemed much older. His boytoy is well know and I believe works in the lobby of a local hospital.
Annon

Buffalo, NY

#60124 Jun 12, 2014
Daughter of Anzelm wrote:
To see Corpus Christi Church is such a state of financial and moral disarray makes me happy. People are leaving that church in droves. Thank you Pani Andy and Pani Jim and Mr. Helena for bringing the church to its knees. You're receiving the just reward for your fake brand of religious pride. It will be your legacy. Long live the historic Polonia district!
Daughter of Anzelm,

We do not hear enough from you.
Igor

Lancaster, NY

#60125 Jun 12, 2014
Ukraine #1
God bless Ukraine. Tanks for prayer for Ukraine. Iz working to save Ukraine.
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60126 Jun 13, 2014
Some male prostitutes ,i.e. gigolos, have disclosed through press interviews, etc, that 25% of their clients are Catholic priests.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#60127 Jun 13, 2014
Annono wrote:
CC and Stan's merge under Polini rule??
I heard this at Stan's today??????????
probably just rumor control
I think when they merge It would be Paulini, Not Pole-ini.
St. Stan's better get ready for more unexpected pregnancies like Corpus Christi had.
anon

Eden, NY

#60128 Jun 13, 2014
???????Bull.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#60129 Jun 14, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think when they merge It would be Paulini, Not Pole-ini.
St. Stan's better get ready for more unexpected pregnancies like Corpus Christi had.
I don't think the pregnancy was unexpected for Anzelm's girlfriend. More like planned. Hoping her pregnancy trap would lead to a shotgun wedding. I would bet she showed up in Doylestown WITH the baby and had a little pow-wow with Anzelm's boss to speed things along. I wouldn't put it past her.
ANONYMOUS

West Falls, NY

#60130 Jun 14, 2014
Daughter of Anzelm wrote:
The disarray happened when all the vultures came down on Corpus Christi After a plan was put in place to keep the parish and church open. Everybody wanted to get on the bandwagon and be part of the salvation but everybody had their own selfish interests. Very few did the real work and the rest didn't even know what needed to be done. The newcomers even today only want to be boss and if they do anything they want to be paid. Get off the Anzelm topic. There is plenty of work to be done with other parts of your body beside your mouth. All you are doing is helping the destructive process of the Diocese.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
anon

Eden, NY

#60131 Jun 14, 2014
ANONYMOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
The disarray happened when all the vultures came down on Corpus Christi After a plan was put in place to keep the parish and church open. Everybody wanted to get on the bandwagon and be part of the salvation but everybody had their own selfish interests. Very few did the real work and the rest didn't even know what needed to be done. The newcomers even today only want to be boss and if they do anything they want to be paid. Get off the Anzelm topic. There is plenty of work to be done with other parts of your body beside your mouth. All you are doing is helping the destructive process of the Diocese.
Bad idea to criticize me. You are making a HUGE mistake!
He Touched Me

Buffalo, NY

#60132 Jun 14, 2014
Any one read the editorial on "Dad's beautiful hands led me to priesthood" by Msgr. Robert Golombek. My favorite part was where Golombek wrote:
"Often in ministering to people, I use my hands to touch ..." Bob has certainly used his hands to touch many - that is, many male genitalia in his priesthood. Perhaps next year's tribute in honor of Father's Day, Golombek can write a sequel about all the penises he's touched. "On Father's Day and every day, I remember."
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#60133 Jun 14, 2014
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the pregnancy was unexpected for Anzelm's girlfriend. More like planned. Hoping her pregnancy trap would lead to a shotgun wedding. I would bet she showed up in Doylestown WITH the baby and had a little pow-wow with Anzelm's boss to speed things along. I wouldn't put it past her.
I do agree with you, She must have not been a very nice person, and I do think She could have had this all planned.
You are a wise woman.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#60134 Jun 15, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree with you, She must have not been a very nice person, and I do think She could have had this all planned.
You are a wise woman.
I heard there were two other young "chicks" (as Poblocki would say) after Fr. Anzelm so it was a three-way race. He must have been a very busy man. LOL. Whoever got pregnant first got the ecclesiastical kewpie doll Chalupka. Elementary, my dear Watson. I'm not sure, but I don't think he ever married Miss Preggie. You know the old saying, "Why buy the cow when you're getting the milk for free."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Projects promoting safe and caring schools thro... Sat Atlantic 2016 1
News Newfoundland and Labrador to cut 287 management... Feb 24 Nfld 1
News No student should go hungry in Halton Feb 21 Mac 1
News Call Board auditions: Muhlenberg Summer Theatre... Feb 20 silly rabbit 1
News Three moose appear at Tim Horton's drive-thru, ... Jan '17 not same luck 4 deer 1
News Mount Pearl grocery store employee wins $250,00... Dec '16 hassen benhassen 3
News Quebec and N.L.: Why peace won't come quickly b... Dec '16 Nfld got short st... 1
More from around the web