Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62723 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Gomez

Lancaster, NY

#60034 May 24, 2014
anon wrote:
Wonder how Pope Benedict is doing.
Who cares!
Gomez

Lancaster, NY

#60035 May 24, 2014
Pray for Father Michael wrote:
As you may know on May 10th Fr. Michael Burzynski had a minor stroke. He's been in St. Joe's and at Sister's Hospital where he has been recovering well. Once his rehabilitation at Kenmore Mercy is complete we all hope he will be back behind the altar and celebrating Masses. He is expected to have a 100 percent recovery thanks to the intercession of Our Blessed Lady who Father Michael loves. Please pray for a certain woman from our parish who caused Father Michael the stress that brought on this terrible stroke. If you are from our parish then you probably have received emails or phone calls from her. Many are saddened that she could be this heartless as to cause a person all the suffering she has caused our priest. It was wrong calling people to ask them not to go to his 25th Jubilee and it was wrong to steal statues and the baptismal font from our church. I hope and pray that God does not let this woman suffer a stroke to help her realize all the harm she has caused our parish.
Give us her name and we can investigate further.
Were going in circles

Buffalo, NY

#60036 May 24, 2014
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>I know that Bishop Malone is doing the right things. And I wish he closes more financially burdened churches in Buffalo, Lackawanna, Batavia, Niagara Falls, and elsewhere, The sooner the better! More schools also should be closed!
You're not giving any concrete or otherwise reasons for closure. You're making to generalized statements. I happened to be comparing some schools on my own. Why would he keep a school that is in need of repair over those that are newer and have lots of real estate? In a few years the next Bishop will close the older ones, because they need repairs. Also, he's closing schools that are financially sustainable on their own. Why not use the newer and larger buildings for the displaced students if he must close them? They are forced to go to a non-catholic school. I think your the same person who is always saying the Bishop is right, but isn't backing anything up.
question

Buffalo, NY

#60037 May 24, 2014
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are gone , why do you care what happens. Are you envious? And just what would you like the diocese to do except demolish the church? Have you heard of any other solutions coming out of all of you great intellectuals. Don't you know that the same people you are talking about work for the diocese. Who is dumb here? Pan G. and the secretary all report to diocese. Dumb and big dupas all of you are.
The people who do not believe you should do some check. If not don't pretend to know something you don't know.
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#60039 May 25, 2014
Anon wrote:
Did glassmire swallow boy toy seed last night?
i bet he did and tongued his hole
Judgement Day

Buffalo, NY

#60040 May 25, 2014
As you may know on May 10th Fr. Michael Burzynski had a minor stroke. He's been in St. Joe's and at Sister's Hospital where he has been recovering well. Once his rehabilitation at Kenmore Mercy is complete we all hope he will be back behind the altar and celebrating Masses. He is expected to have a 100 percent recovery thanks to the intercession of Our Blessed Lady who Father Michael loves. Please pray for a certain woman from our parish who caused Father Michael the stress that brought on this terrible stroke. If you are from our parish then you probably have received emails or phone calls from her. Many are saddened that she could be this heartless as to cause a person all the suffering she has caused our priest. It was wrong calling people to ask them not to go to his 25th Jubilee and it was wrong to steal statues and the baptismal font from our church. I hope and pray that God does not let this woman suffer a stroke to help her realize all the harm she has caused our parish.
God will punish her for her evil!
turd

United States

#60041 May 25, 2014
Mike: in psychology we call it a persecution complex where you play the role of victim. Sounds like you need good shrink.
Florida Lover

Buffalo, NY

#60042 May 25, 2014
turd wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike: in psychology we call it a persecution complex where you play the role of victim. Sounds like you need good shrink.
This is David Bialkowski's Florida lover who got him in the mess.
Stroke

Buffalo, NY

#60043 May 25, 2014
David enjoyed gently stroking his love interests with his long fingers. Should I say more David?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#60044 May 25, 2014
When a church considers itself the beacon of light and jewel of an otherwise slum/ghetto neighborhood, it might be a good idea to cut the grass around your property. Right now the church "fits" into the slum like setting. Sorry, no beautification award from the city this year.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#60045 May 25, 2014
Judgement Day wrote:
<quoted text>
God will punish her for her evil!
This lady....and I use the term lightly....has hurt a lot of people and she will get hers someday. She said that she always gets her way and I'll be darned but that has happened over and over. Karma has a way of catching up to her kind. Father David is not fooled by her...though she thinks she has him wrapped around her finger. Unfortunately, she is wealthy and that is something she uses to lure him to her. Much of this is my own dumb fault, but what is done is done. Does it bother me? I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel used, but Karma has a way of looking out for people like me and rewarding us for our loyalty in being a good friend. Do I blame him? No, because money has always been his weakness and that I always knew. I give him credit for a lot of things and he was smart enough to know the real her. I could tell some stories that he told me but I don't want to betray the trust he placed in me as a loyal friend. For now, I'm just glad people realize all that I've been through and though I don't wish what I've been through on my worst enemy....even her.....I am one person who will be happy when she is finally arrested.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#60046 May 26, 2014
What people don't realize is that Father Mike is a personal friend of Father David's. I would have to say that Father Mike B. is probably Father David's closest priest friend in Buffalo. I say this because he has other friends who are priests in other places, but, I don't want to mention those names. This lady...and I use the term lightly.....I'm sure doesn't appreciate that Fr. Mike B. is Father David's friend because she wants Father David all to herself. If she causes Father Mike B. to have a stroke then she would have Father David all to herself. I was probably his closest friend, we had a unique relationship. I was more like a mother and sister and I dare not say what else I was to him. We were closer than two people could be until she came along and ended things or at least she thinks she ended things. I know what Father Mike B. must be going through because I was ready for the hospital and I dare say the morgue myself. You have no idea what this person has put me through. Yes, she is rich and can buy whatever she wants, but, what she doesn't realize is that she can never buy what the two of us once shared. If Father Mike B. would like to contact me further he knows how to get in touch with me. A little bird will be sure to tell him how if he has forgotten.
Question

Marietta, GA

#60047 May 26, 2014
anon wrote:
What people don't realize is that Father Mike is a personal friend of Father David's. I would have to say that Father Mike B. is probably Father David's closest priest friend in Buffalo. I say this because he has other friends who are priests in other places, but, I don't want to mention those names. This lady...and I use the term lightly.....I'm sure doesn't appreciate that Fr. Mike B. is Father David's friend because she wants Father David all to herself. If she causes Father Mike B. to have a stroke then she would have Father David all to herself. I was probably his closest friend, we had a unique relationship. I was more like a mother and sister and I dare not say what else I was to him. We were closer than two people could be until she came along and ended things or at least she thinks she ended things. I know what Father Mike B. must be going through because I was ready for the hospital and I dare say the morgue myself. You have no idea what this person has put me through. Yes, she is rich and can buy whatever she wants, but, what she doesn't realize is that she can never buy what the two of us once shared. If Father Mike B. would like to contact me further he knows how to get in touch with me. A little bird will be sure to tell him how if he has forgotten.
Too the former cook,

You are just as guilty as that woman. Period. You wanted him all to yourself. Just like every other post menopausal bitch at the joke of a church. You, the secretary, the benefactress, are nothing but disgusting c unts. You should all be put away and not allowed to be around people. That church should be closed. You were all involved in the finances at that church and have probably stolen money for that pedophile. Do you think we dont know about the trips he made to turkey and greece? Yeah we do. Do you not think for a second that his involvement in international sex trades with children for the money you all swindled for him was spent on that? You should all be arrested and put in jail. And one of these days the proof will come out and we will be there when you all get put away. You will get whats coming to you. That's a promise.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#60048 May 26, 2014
I think someone has wrong information because Father David and I did not have a sexual relationship. I made that clear to Monsignor LiPuma when we talked on the phone. There was a time when I did cross the border with her and I must admit that it was on that trip that I began to see her for the first time. When I told Father David what I learned he told me that while she was strange......his words not mine......he felt she was harmless. I trusted his judgement at the time, but, to this day that was another regret of mine. She then began bestowing gifts on him which she said was a token of her appreciation for his priestly service.......I had no reason to doubt her intentions and I knew Father would appreciate her generosity to him. I believe it was at that time that she began to work her way more and more into his life and she began giving substantial donations to the parish.
Ascension Parish

Annapolis, MD

#60049 May 26, 2014
Amhert Annie wrote:
Well....Father David Glassmire's Amherst "Pad" remains active. His decades younger "Boy Toy" visits every night....he drives a truck now to disguise his identiy. He's there again right now for some "FUN", seriously....how are the sexcapades allowed to continue....Wake up DOB and Bishop Malone!!! Now the "Boy Toy" is bragging in the "Community" about their next planned out of town sexcapades at Fr. Daves Florida "Hut"...How long is this going to be allowed to continue. Sad for the parishioners of Ascension Parish in Batavia!!! Has the "Batavian" reported on this yet?
Father Dave, are you going to bring your date (boyfriend) to the Adam Figlow benefit Sat night? We parishioners would love to meet him!!!
To not too

Lancaster, NY

#60050 May 26, 2014
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Too the former cook,
You are just as guilty as that woman. Period. You wanted him all to yourself. Just like every other post menopausal bitch at the joke of a church. You, the secretary, the benefactress, are nothing but disgusting c unts. You should all be put away and not allowed to be around people. That church should be closed. You were all involved in the finances at that church and have probably stolen money for that pedophile. Do you think we dont know about the trips he made to turkey and greece? Yeah we do. Do you not think for a second that his involvement in international sex trades with children for the money you all swindled for him was spent on that? You should all be arrested and put in jail. And one of these days the proof will come out and we will be there when you all get put away. You will get whats coming to you. That's a promise.
Your urban legend nonsense is a pathetic portrayal of oneself.You get the award for crazy post of the day.
parishioner

Buffalo, NY

#60051 May 27, 2014
St. John Gualbert parishioners deserve better than this drama queen soap opera show. Father David was a good priest but he should not have oked this kind of behavior in our parish. At least now things are quiet and this is in the past.
Lovejoy Reporter

Buffalo, NY

#60052 May 27, 2014
As the long time secretary has left St. Katherine Drexel, and replaced by some one day bookeeper, one can only wonder how things are going? There was never any explanation as to why the secretary left and abruptly replaced by some bookeeper who only works weekends. No one is sure what that is really about. There is no bulletin on line since the secretary left so one cannot see what is going on there. Or even what the collection amount is???? Strange thing or what? I know a lot of people that are very unhappy with all of the goings on there!
Igor

Lancaster, NY

#60053 May 27, 2014
God save Ukraine.Pope save Ukraine.Pray for Ukraine .
Anonymous

United States

#60054 May 28, 2014
Nice feature article in the Buffalo News yesterday about Rev. Poblocki and Catholic radio. They are doing a great service to WNY.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Toronto ranked 10th best city for women in Cana... Nov '17 Love Machine 3
News Newfoundland to allow switch to gender-neutral ... Sep '17 Capt Craig 1
News DeJaynes ~ Jenssen (Jun '13) Sep '17 FindItDennis 5
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) Aug '17 organic eh 4
News St. John's volunteer, activist Susan Shriner pa... Jul '17 Donna Barrett 1
News Woodland council to talk about a sanctuary city... Jul '17 spytheweb 2
News The meaning of reconciliation: 'We're not anywh... Jul '17 Marked BonerCowSki 3
More from around the web