Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.
Comments
58,241 - 58,260 of 58,535 Comments Last updated 41 min ago
Reality

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2014

Judged:

Nope wrote:
<quoted text> No he's not and deep down I'm sure you agree!
I know that Bishop Malone is doing the right things. And I wish he closes more financially burdened churches in Buffalo, Lackawanna, Batavia, Niagara Falls, and elsewhere, The sooner the better! More schools also should be closed!
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2014

Judged:

Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>Bishop Malone is doing the right things in this diocese.
Bishop DICK is living up to his name.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2014

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I will stay in Cheektowaga because you have turned Corpus Christi into ONLY a museum of buildings where nothing spiritual happens. So few attend the poor liturgy there, And most people are not welcome there. You eliminate people you think are "unfit", and THEY will be the first called to be with our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, not you. Even the people in the neighborhood are not welcome there, even to "test the water" and see what that Church is all about.
So continue collecting money if that is all that is important to you.
If you left Corpus Christi and hate so much its present parishioners, how come you are always a critic of what is going there? Where do you get your information from? You must be one of those people who do no good but see everything bad. Hop on board or get out of the way or just shut up!
Pray for Father Michael

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2014

Judged:

As you may know on May 10th Fr. Michael Burzynski had a minor stroke. He's been in St. Joe's and at Sister's Hospital where he has been recovering well. Once his rehabilitation at Kenmore Mercy is complete we all hope he will be back behind the altar and celebrating Masses. He is expected to have a 100 percent recovery thanks to the intercession of Our Blessed Lady who Father Michael loves. Please pray for a certain woman from our parish who caused Father Michael the stress that brought on this terrible stroke. If you are from our parish then you probably have received emails or phone calls from her. Many are saddened that she could be this heartless as to cause a person all the suffering she has caused our priest. It was wrong calling people to ask them not to go to his 25th Jubilee and it was wrong to steal statues and the baptismal font from our church. I hope and pray that God does not let this woman suffer a stroke to help her realize all the harm she has caused our parish.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2014

Judged:

Pray for Father Michael wrote:
As you may know on May 10th Fr. Michael Burzynski had a minor stroke. He's been in St. Joe's and at Sister's Hospital where he has been recovering well. Once his rehabilitation at Kenmore Mercy is complete we all hope he will be back behind the altar and celebrating Masses. He is expected to have a 100 percent recovery thanks to the intercession of Our Blessed Lady who Father Michael loves. Please pray for a certain woman from our parish who caused Father Michael the stress that brought on this terrible stroke. If you are from our parish then you probably have received emails or phone calls from her. Many are saddened that she could be this heartless as to cause a person all the suffering she has caused our priest. It was wrong calling people to ask them not to go to his 25th Jubilee and it was wrong to steal statues and the baptismal font from our church. I hope and pray that God does not let this woman suffer a stroke to help her realize all the harm she has caused our parish.
I will pray for him, but probably more for you, you are nuts.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2014

Judged:

I don't like Fr. Mike, but, I hope he does recover for his own sake. Who is the new priest at St. John G.?
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2014

Judged:

Wonder how Pope Benedict is doing.
Reality

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2014

Judged:

anon wrote:
Well!
Gomez

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2014

Judged:

anon wrote:
Who cares!
Gomez

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2014

Judged:

Give us her name and we can investigate further.
Were going in circles

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2014

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>I know that Bishop Malone is doing the right things. And I wish he closes more financially burdened churches in Buffalo, Lackawanna, Batavia, Niagara Falls, and elsewhere, The sooner the better! More schools also should be closed!
You're not giving any concrete or otherwise reasons for closure. You're making to generalized statements. I happened to be comparing some schools on my own. Why would he keep a school that is in need of repair over those that are newer and have lots of real estate? In a few years the next Bishop will close the older ones, because they need repairs. Also, he's closing schools that are financially sustainable on their own. Why not use the newer and larger buildings for the displaced students if he must close them? They are forced to go to a non-catholic school. I think your the same person who is always saying the Bishop is right, but isn't backing anything up.
question

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2014

Judged:

Question wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are gone , why do you care what happens. Are you envious? And just what would you like the diocese to do except demolish the church? Have you heard of any other solutions coming out of all of you great intellectuals. Don't you know that the same people you are talking about work for the diocese. Who is dumb here? Pan G. and the secretary all report to diocese. Dumb and big dupas all of you are.
The people who do not believe you should do some check. If not don't pretend to know something you don't know.
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2014

Judged:

Anon wrote:
Did glassmire swallow boy toy seed last night?
i bet he did and tongued his hole
Judgement Day

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2014

God will punish her for her evil!
turd

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2014

Judged:

Mike: in psychology we call it a persecution complex where you play the role of victim. Sounds like you need good shrink.
Florida Lover

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2014

turd wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike: in psychology we call it a persecution complex where you play the role of victim. Sounds like you need good shrink.
This is David Bialkowski's Florida lover who got him in the mess.
Stroke

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2014

Judged:

David enjoyed gently stroking his love interests with his long fingers. Should I say more David?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2014

Judged:

When a church considers itself the beacon of light and jewel of an otherwise slum/ghetto neighborhood, it might be a good idea to cut the grass around your property. Right now the church "fits" into the slum like setting. Sorry, no beautification award from the city this year.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2014

Judged:

Judgement Day wrote:
<quoted text>
God will punish her for her evil!
This lady....and I use the term lightly....has hurt a lot of people and she will get hers someday. She said that she always gets her way and I'll be darned but that has happened over and over. Karma has a way of catching up to her kind. Father David is not fooled by her...though she thinks she has him wrapped around her finger. Unfortunately, she is wealthy and that is something she uses to lure him to her. Much of this is my own dumb fault, but what is done is done. Does it bother me? I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel used, but Karma has a way of looking out for people like me and rewarding us for our loyalty in being a good friend. Do I blame him? No, because money has always been his weakness and that I always knew. I give him credit for a lot of things and he was smart enough to know the real her. I could tell some stories that he told me but I don't want to betray the trust he placed in me as a loyal friend. For now, I'm just glad people realize all that I've been through and though I don't wish what I've been through on my worst enemy....even her.....I am one person who will be happy when she is finally arrested.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2014

Judged:

What people don't realize is that Father Mike is a personal friend of Father David's. I would have to say that Father Mike B. is probably Father David's closest priest friend in Buffalo. I say this because he has other friends who are priests in other places, but, I don't want to mention those names. This lady...and I use the term lightly.....I'm sure doesn't appreciate that Fr. Mike B. is Father David's friend because she wants Father David all to herself. If she causes Father Mike B. to have a stroke then she would have Father David all to herself. I was probably his closest friend, we had a unique relationship. I was more like a mother and sister and I dare not say what else I was to him. We were closer than two people could be until she came along and ended things or at least she thinks she ended things. I know what Father Mike B. must be going through because I was ready for the hospital and I dare say the morgue myself. You have no idea what this person has put me through. Yes, she is rich and can buy whatever she wants, but, what she doesn't realize is that she can never buy what the two of us once shared. If Father Mike B. would like to contact me further he knows how to get in touch with me. A little bird will be sure to tell him how if he has forgotten.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent St. John's Discussions

Search the St. John's Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
ATV park takes riders through forgotten coal mi... (Oct '10) Jul 19 fandango 30
What's happening in Halton Hills on Canada Day Jul 14 2 killed in crash 2
Cell tower badly needed: Rogers Jul 14 Response to Rogers 3
who got the homes on farm Gulliver Jun 29 man from out town 1
The search for mental health in a pill Jun 29 STARTS WITH VACCINES 6
Widow still waiting for chopper safety change Jun 23 Survey says 1
...FARMER ..is GOD,..not.... (Jun '13) Jun '14 PAUL SHYKORA artsdiscuss 3
•••
•••