Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.
Comments
57,981 - 58,000 of 58,553 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59763
Apr 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Anonymous wrote:
Watching EWTN this morning. They talked about Gammarelli, the tailor in Rome. All I could think of was Gammarelli, the blogger from the early days of this blog! LOL!
Ahhh ... those were the days! That Gammy was one smart cookie. Reminded me of Rocco from Whispers in the Loggia.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59764
Apr 28, 2014
 
???????!!!
Mary of Magdala

North Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59766
Apr 28, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
What a shame this had to be a dual canonization. And the first in the history of the Catholic Church yet. This sure stole some of JPII's thunder. It's been reported that only half as many pilgrims turned out this time as did for Saint John Paul II's beatification. Was putting on two separate canonizations really asking that much? I wonder whose bright idea it was to combine them. Wrong decision, in my opinion.
I usually do not disagree with your posts but I must in this case. Pope Francis is trying to be a leveler. You have your John Paul II and I have my John XXIII. He is sending the message that the rift between the liberals and the conservatives must end. You sound like a smart person. Surely, you know this is best. Neither of us is wrong and we are both Catholics.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59767
Apr 28, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Mary of Magdala wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually do not disagree with your posts but I must in this case. Pope Francis is trying to be a leveler. You have your John Paul II and I have my John XXIII. He is sending the message that the rift between the liberals and the conservatives must end. You sound like a smart person. Surely, you know this is best. Neither of us is wrong and we are both Catholics.
I wasn't thinking along those lines. You have a point, but I'm still disappointed. Politics shouldn't have driven this canonization.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59768
Apr 29, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
What a shame this had to be a dual canonization. And the first in the history of the Catholic Church yet. This sure stole some of JPII's thunder. It's been reported that only half as many pilgrims turned out this time as did for Saint John Paul II's beatification. Was putting on two separate canonizations really asking that much? I wonder whose bright idea it was to combine them. Wrong decision, in my opinion.
Thatís Franciscan poverty. You got two for the price of one!
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59769
Apr 30, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

WHAT, exactly, do I have to reveal to get some closure?
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59770
May 1, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatís Franciscan poverty. You got two for the price of one!
And maybe some Jesuit practicality as well.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59771
May 1, 2014
 

Judged:

1

The Archdiocese of New York is soon going to close or otherwise manage some of their 376 parishes, Can the diocese of Buffalo be far behind, once again>
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59772
May 1, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Is St. Gerard's on Bailey Ave ever going to be transported to Georgia> Maybe some angels from heaven will have to carry it there, just like they did with the Holy House of Loretto.
The Clam Stand

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59773
May 1, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

As we have heard.The church is leaving any day now for the past 3 years.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59774
May 2, 2014
 
Why does Malone want to get rid of Slubecky?
Anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59775
May 2, 2014
 
MsgrBadski wrote:
Why does Malone want to get rid of Slubecky?
Maybe he wants someone younger and prettier.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59776
May 3, 2014
 

Judged:

1

So, let me see if I have this correctly: No matter how many filthy perversions, no matter how many times for how many years a filthy perverted priest violates some woman, totally invading her privacy and her home and her person, his Bishop STILL has to protect him????
Lovely.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59777
May 3, 2014
 
anon wrote:
So, let me see if I have this correctly: No matter how many filthy perversions, no matter how many times for how many years a filthy perverted priest violates some woman, totally invading her privacy and her home and her person, his Bishop STILL has to protect him????
Lovely.
Offtopic??? You wish, Monsignor.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59778
May 3, 2014
 
anon wrote:
So, let me see if I have this correctly: No matter how many filthy perversions, no matter how many times for how many years a filthy perverted priest violates some woman, totally invading her privacy and her home and her person, his Bishop STILL has to protect him????
Lovely.
What does the police say?
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59779
May 3, 2014
 
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the police say?
Nothing to me. The church is self-governing so it appears that the rights I am guaranteed by my country are usurped by the church.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59780
May 3, 2014
 
The land of the free and the home of the brave.....well, kind of....just don't get violated by any clergy in the Roman Catholic Church cause you don't have the rights you think you have.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59781
May 3, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the police say?
Somebody put a gag order in place so nobody is allowed to talk to me. I am, however, allowed to talk and everybody and their uncles (not their aunts though, do the math) are listening. Talk about stomping all over the Constitution of the United States!
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59782
May 3, 2014
 
In fairness to the Roman Catholic Church, I do believe they would help me if they could. It's just that canon law doesn't allow for my rights.
Anon

Auburn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59783
May 4, 2014
 
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he wants someone younger and prettier.
i hear bishop dick has a thing for thinks

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent St. John's Discussions

Search the St. John's Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
ATV park takes riders through forgotten coal mi... (Oct '10) Jul 19 fandango 30
What's happening in Halton Hills on Canada Day Jul 14 2 killed in crash 2
Cell tower badly needed: Rogers Jul 14 Response to Rogers 3
who got the homes on farm Gulliver Jun '14 man from out town 1
The search for mental health in a pill Jun '14 STARTS WITH VACCINES 6
Widow still waiting for chopper safety change Jun '14 Survey says 1
...FARMER ..is GOD,..not.... (Jun '13) Jun '14 PAUL SHYKORA artsdiscuss 3
•••
•••