Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Full Story
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#59723 Apr 22, 2014
Anno wrote:
<quoted text>
After all the back biting at Corpus Christi, and the eliminating of parishioners that goes on there, why would anyone go there? Bad liturgy and even worse music are also in residence there.
No one is truly warm and fuzzy there.
If you are looking for warm and fuzzy you don't belong on the East Side. The east side is for real priests, real men and real women. It's for real people who like to work and accomplish something. When I go to church I am grateful to be welcomed by Christ not some phony baloney "greeter" with a fake smile and fake handshake.
Anonymous

United States

#59724 Apr 22, 2014
Papa Francesco is not happy with his neighbors, Card. Bertone on the left and Card. DePaolis on the right of his Santa Marta apartment. He is snorting at their accommodations. Pretty soon all cardinals and bishops at the Vatican will be asked to pitch a tent and dress in sack cloth.
Service

Lancaster, NY

#59725 Apr 22, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
Papa Francesco is not happy with his neighbors, Card. Bertone on the left and Card. DePaolis on the right of his Santa Marta apartment. He is snorting at their accommodations. Pretty soon all cardinals and bishops at the Vatican will be asked to pitch a tent and dress in sack cloth.
Everyone needs to move into smaller huts.
Service

Lancaster, NY

#59726 Apr 22, 2014
Why was the bishop drinking wine on Holy Saturday on tv 7pm on ch.2 Very disrespectful and poor timing.
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#59727 Apr 23, 2014
Service wrote:
Why was the bishop drinking wine on Holy Saturday on tv 7pm on ch.2 Very disrespectful and poor timing.
Bishop Dick is probably an alcoholic
Mary of Magdala

Buffalo, NY

#59728 Apr 23, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are looking for warm and fuzzy you don't belong on the East Side. The east side is for real priests, real men and real women. It's for real people who like to work and accomplish something. When I go to church I am grateful to be welcomed by Christ not some phony baloney "greeter" with a fake smile and fake handshake.
I have never had any first hand knowledge of that place or the neighborhood. On Dyngus Day, I sent in a young spy to check it out.(He was going anyway!) First the Church is very large and in very bad condition. The neighborhood would not be safe any other day. The floor of the library where the festivities were held was very rickety. The food was good and the booze was better. Some of the people serving the food were rude when asked about the contents of certain dishes. By no stretch of the imagination did my young spy find any signs of religion which was fine with him.
Anonymous

United States

#59729 Apr 23, 2014
Mary of Magdala wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never had any first hand knowledge of that place or the neighborhood. On Dyngus Day, I sent in a young spy to check it out.(He was going anyway!) First the Church is very large and in very bad condition. The neighborhood would not be safe any other day. The floor of the library where the festivities were held was very rickety. The food was good and the booze was better. Some of the people serving the food were rude when asked about the contents of certain dishes. By no stretch of the imagination did my young spy find any signs of religion which was fine with him.
Many top restaurants have menus with secret recipes. At Corpus Christi food was so god that they ran out of it. Some servers worked more than 10 hours so that people could have a good time. Be appreciative and have a smile on your face.
Anno

Buffalo, NY

#59730 Apr 23, 2014
Mary of Magdala wrote:
<quoted text>
Your spy is right, people at Corpus Christi are rude and care nothing about "Christian way of life"
they only care about piwo eliminating and talking about other people, and making money.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#59731 Apr 23, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not see any real priests, or nuns on the East side today. I really did not see anything but mess from Dungus. I did not see anyone working at anything.
Everyone who just comes here to get drunk and make fools of themselves are just as phoney.
I did not see anyone accomplish anything there.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#59732 Apr 23, 2014
Dyngus
Question

Lancaster, NY

#59733 Apr 23, 2014
Whom was the Pastor at CC in the early 1990's
faction

Lancaster, NY

#59734 Apr 23, 2014
Anonymous

United States

#59735 Apr 24, 2014
faction wrote:
BishopAccountability.org
Unless the accused has been found guilty in a civil or church court,
he/she is innocent. Read the introductory note.
BeeEss

Watertown, MA

#59736 Apr 24, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless the accused has been found guilty in a civil or church court,
he/she is innocent. Read the introductory note.
You know they're guilty otherwise there would be lawsuits left and right for false accusation. Just because they're not convicted doesn't mean they're not guilty. DB especially knows this!
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#59737 Apr 24, 2014
I would convict them if I were you. You need to do something and not just keep writing about it. Call the district attorney and present something to substantiate your accusation. I know one priest who said he would offer $20,000 to the person if he could present any evidence or proof that he did anything immoral to this person. That really made me think about how people will make false accusation because of vindication or because that person committed a crime and so they turn everything around by making a false accusation. There are people out there who are simply evil.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#59738 Apr 24, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>Bishop Dick is probably an alcoholic
If anyone sees a priest with a can of "Budweiser" in his hand, soon the word gets around that Father is any alcoholic, which is probably not true. some people do have evil minds. Bishop McNulty was always paranoid about alcohol and his seminarians. maybe he should have been more concerned about his seminarians' sex lives.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#59739 Apr 24, 2014
Anon wrote:
I would convict them if I were you. You need to do something and not just keep writing about it. Call the district attorney and present something to substantiate your accusation. I know one priest who said he would offer $20,000 to the person if he could present any evidence or proof that he did anything immoral to this person. That really made me think about how people will make false accusation because of vindication or because that person committed a crime and so they turn everything around by making a false accusation. There are people out there who are simply evil.
Reports from John jay indicate that about 3% of those accused lacked credibility. I think the accusers are more interested in getting their problems recognized,than getting money.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#59740 Apr 24, 2014
Are Robert wood and Douglas Faraci still celebrating Mass in public?
Anonymous

United States

#59741 Apr 24, 2014
BeeEss wrote:
<quoted text>
You know they're guilty otherwise there would be lawsuits left and right for false accusation. Just because they're not convicted doesn't mean they're not guilty. DB especially knows this!
You have not read the introductory note to the BishopAccountability list.
Besides, if there is no charge, there is no court case. Many times, the lawyer of the “victim” is the one who asks for a settlement. What does that tell you?
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#59742 Apr 24, 2014
MsgrBadski wrote:
Are Robert wood and Douglas Faraci still celebrating Mass in public?
I don't know about Wood, but Faraci is. And why not, Father?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Slain soldiers Cirillo and Vincent named Canada... Dec 22 Pete 1
Slain soldiers Canada's Newsmaker of the Year Dec 21 MPP Chiarelli a c... 1
Saint John hold special council meeting to solv... Dec 15 John 1
Community Calendar, Dec. 14-31 Dec 14 behind many scenes 1
Complaints about Subaru Dec 4 ivan0407 1
Her Christian journey Dec 3 RevKen 1
Bike that crossed Canada stolen outside Toronto... Nov '14 eBay is PayPal 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:31 am PST