Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62509 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#59731 Apr 23, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are looking for warm and fuzzy you don't belong on the East Side. The east side is for real priests, real men and real women. It's for real people who like to work and accomplish something. When I go to church I am grateful to be welcomed by Christ not some phony baloney "greeter" with a fake smile and fake handshake.
I did not see any real priests, or nuns on the East side today. I really did not see anything but mess from Dungus. I did not see anyone working at anything.
Everyone who just comes here to get drunk and make fools of themselves are just as phoney.
I did not see anyone accomplish anything there.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#59732 Apr 23, 2014
Dyngus
Question

Lancaster, NY

#59733 Apr 23, 2014
Whom was the Pastor at CC in the early 1990's
faction

Lancaster, NY

#59734 Apr 23, 2014
Anonymous

United States

#59735 Apr 24, 2014
faction wrote:
BishopAccountability.org
Unless the accused has been found guilty in a civil or church court,
he/she is innocent. Read the introductory note.
BeeEss

Boston, MA

#59736 Apr 24, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless the accused has been found guilty in a civil or church court,
he/she is innocent. Read the introductory note.
You know they're guilty otherwise there would be lawsuits left and right for false accusation. Just because they're not convicted doesn't mean they're not guilty. DB especially knows this!
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#59737 Apr 24, 2014
I would convict them if I were you. You need to do something and not just keep writing about it. Call the district attorney and present something to substantiate your accusation. I know one priest who said he would offer $20,000 to the person if he could present any evidence or proof that he did anything immoral to this person. That really made me think about how people will make false accusation because of vindication or because that person committed a crime and so they turn everything around by making a false accusation. There are people out there who are simply evil.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#59738 Apr 24, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>Bishop Dick is probably an alcoholic
If anyone sees a priest with a can of "Budweiser" in his hand, soon the word gets around that Father is any alcoholic, which is probably not true. some people do have evil minds. Bishop McNulty was always paranoid about alcohol and his seminarians. maybe he should have been more concerned about his seminarians' sex lives.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#59739 Apr 24, 2014
Anon wrote:
I would convict them if I were you. You need to do something and not just keep writing about it. Call the district attorney and present something to substantiate your accusation. I know one priest who said he would offer $20,000 to the person if he could present any evidence or proof that he did anything immoral to this person. That really made me think about how people will make false accusation because of vindication or because that person committed a crime and so they turn everything around by making a false accusation. There are people out there who are simply evil.
Reports from John jay indicate that about 3% of those accused lacked credibility. I think the accusers are more interested in getting their problems recognized,than getting money.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#59740 Apr 24, 2014
Are Robert wood and Douglas Faraci still celebrating Mass in public?
Anonymous

United States

#59741 Apr 24, 2014
BeeEss wrote:
<quoted text>
You know they're guilty otherwise there would be lawsuits left and right for false accusation. Just because they're not convicted doesn't mean they're not guilty. DB especially knows this!
You have not read the introductory note to the BishopAccountability list.
Besides, if there is no charge, there is no court case. Many times, the lawyer of the “victim” is the one who asks for a settlement. What does that tell you?
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#59742 Apr 24, 2014
MsgrBadski wrote:
Are Robert wood and Douglas Faraci still celebrating Mass in public?
I don't know about Wood, but Faraci is. And why not, Father?
Anonymous

United States

#59743 Apr 24, 2014
MsgrBadski wrote:
<quoted text> Reports from John jay indicate that about 3% of those accused lacked credibility. I think the accusers are more interested in getting their problems recognized,than getting money.
There is no legal definition of “credible accusation” which often is taken to mean “Somebody said something.”. According to the John Jay Report, during the period from 1950 to 2002, only 6% of the 4,392 priests against whom allegations were made (252 priests in total) were convicted. Of the accusations that were investigated (due to the accused being still being alive), 93% were reported; of those reports, 37% were charged and of those 66% were convicted, making a total of 23% of the still alive being convicted... So the rest (77%) should not be considered guilty by suspicion.
faction

Lancaster, NY

#59744 Apr 24, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no legal definition of “credible accusation” which often is taken to mean “Somebody said something.”. According to the John Jay Report, during the period from 1950 to 2002, only 6% of the 4,392 priests against whom allegations were made (252 priests in total) were convicted. Of the accusations that were investigated (due to the accused being still being alive), 93% were reported; of those reports, 37% were charged and of those 66% were convicted, making a total of 23% of the still alive being convicted... So the rest (77%) should not be considered guilty by suspicion.
Regardless, the percentage of abusers in this group far exceeds the percentage from the general population.
Anonymous

United States

#59745 Apr 24, 2014
faction wrote:
<quoted text>Regardless, the percentage of abusers in this group far exceeds the percentage from the general population.
Really? Where you get your statistics from?
Most abuses of minors happen within the family or extended family.
And what is happening with the NYC school district and the LosAngeles public schools?
Not to mention the 16,000 sexual abuses in the US military reported every year...(sorry, they don't count because they are... adults... and the Army judges its own, even when the crimes are committed in other countries and against their citizens)
Anonymous

United States

#59746 Apr 24, 2014
Public school abuse v. clerical abuse. Get your calculator and read:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1258961-P...
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#59747 Apr 24, 2014
Whatever happened to seminarians James Sweeney and Dennis Sparks?
faction

Lancaster, NY

#59748 Apr 24, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
Public school abuse v. clerical abuse. Get your calculator and read:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1258961-P...
Keep drinking your catholic Kool Aid.With you it's all smoke and mirrors just like a carnival Carney.Dream on. The truth hurts but nonetheless it's the truth.
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#59749 Apr 25, 2014
faction wrote:
<quoted text>Regardless, the percentage of abusers in this group far exceeds the percentage from the general population.
And what percentile is gay?
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#59750 Apr 25, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone needs to move into smaller huts.
Let's start with Hyppos like you. When are you moving to the east or west side of Buffalo?
You could be much closer to the poor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeJaynes ~ Jenssen (Jun '13) Sep 9 FindItDennis 5
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) Aug '17 organic eh 4
News St. John's volunteer, activist Susan Shriner pa... Jul '17 Donna Barrett 1
News Woodland council to talk about a sanctuary city... Jul '17 spytheweb 2
News The meaning of reconciliation: 'We're not anywh... Jul '17 Marked BonerCowSki 3
News As a Newfoundlander born in 1952, I learned a g... Jul '17 Shoe Polish Sheldon 3
News Activist vying for non-binary birth certificate... Jun '17 TerriB1 1
More from around the web