Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62434 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

SMOLC parishoner hamburg

Niagara Falls, NY

#59388 Mar 30, 2014
Schools wrote:
<quoted text>Kibler might be the Last Mohican to fight the Bishop!
Father is going to be 69 yrs old this year. He just may not care about fighting the Bishop. He had back surgery and was out for a few months towards the end of 2012 and beginning of 2013. He still appears to be in pain at time. The worse that could happen to him is that he is removed from the parish, the parishioners would be upset because we would have another parish priest come in relatively quickly after having stability with Father Jerry for so many years. At the end of the day Father Gary may not care about what the Bishop wants and will fight to the end knowing what the end game could mean for himself and the parish.
Mary of Magdala

Buffalo, NY

#59389 Mar 30, 2014
SMOLC parishoner hamburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Father is going to be 69 yrs old this year. He just may not care about fighting the Bishop. He had back surgery and was out for a few months towards the end of 2012 and beginning of 2013. He still appears to be in pain at time. The worse that could happen to him is that he is removed from the parish, the parishioners would be upset because we would have another parish priest come in relatively quickly after having stability with Father Jerry for so many years. At the end of the day Father Gary may not care about what the Bishop wants and will fight to the end knowing what the end game could mean for himself and the parish.
I think you had a couple of other pastors between "Fr. Jerry" and Kibler. There was nothing wrong with them!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#59390 Mar 30, 2014
<quoted text>
Kibler is no fighter and if he tried to fight he'd lose. The Bishop is Kibler's boss and in the end the boss has the final say.
SMOLC parishoner hamburg

Niagara Falls, NY

#59391 Mar 30, 2014
Mary of Magdala wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you had a couple of other pastors between "Fr. Jerry" and Kibler. There was nothing wrong with them!
Mary you are correct. Father Bigelow and Father Smith. Just saying there has been a revolving door of pastors since Father Jerry left.
SMOLC parishoner hamburg

Niagara Falls, NY

#59392 Mar 30, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Kibler is no fighter and if he tried to fight he'd lose. The Bishop is Kibler's boss and in the end the boss has the final say.
You are correct the bishop is the boss. Just saying that Father may continue to fight despite the edict to close the school because at his age and current back problems he may feel that he has nothing to lose. He truly does love the school and the children. However if I was a teacher there I would be looking for another job knowing the probable outcome.
Anonymous

United States

#59393 Mar 30, 2014
<quoted text>
You are correct the bishop is the boss. Just saying that Father may continue to fight despite the edict to close the school because at his age and current back problems he may feel that he has nothing to lose. He truly does love the school and the children. However if I was a teacher there I would be looking for another job knowing the probable outcome.
Who wants to die a martyr for a lost cause?
Amherst Annie

Annapolis, MD

#59394 Mar 30, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>read the posts service!!
The "Boy Toy" is NOT a priest. Father David Glassmires boyfriend is in fact decades younger than Fr. Dave, a kid, not a priest.! Last Thursday, Fri, Sat. I saw him at Fr. Daves(my neighbor) house all night long...I went to bed and the "BoyToy" still didn't leave. This weekend Fr. Daves "Pad" was rather quiet....is he actually spending some time at Ascension Parish in Batavia like he should? The Batavian should research this since the DOB is ignoring it! A Catholic priest and his open "Boy Toy"....real Catholic!
Growlr

Annapolis, MD

#59395 Mar 30, 2014
His "Boy Toy" is well known in "the Community"....they are deserving of one another.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#59396 Mar 30, 2014
Growlr wrote:
His "Boy Toy" is well known in "the Community"....they are deserving of one another.
Who Cares!
Real

Niagara Falls, NY

#59397 Mar 31, 2014
Amherst Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Boy Toy" is NOT a priest. Father David Glassmires boyfriend is in fact decades younger than Fr. Dave, a kid, not a priest.! Last Thursday, Fri, Sat. I saw him at Fr. Daves(my neighbor) house all night long...I went to bed and the "BoyToy" still didn't leave. This weekend Fr. Daves "Pad" was rather quiet....is he actually spending some time at Ascension Parish in Batavia like he should? The Batavian should research this since the DOB is ignoring it! A Catholic priest and his open "Boy Toy"....real Catholic!
is this real or not? can you supply us with the address? looks like it is a fiction!
Real

Niagara Falls, NY

#59398 Mar 31, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Who wants to die a martyr for a lost cause?
will he be a 'divine Cinderella martyr'?
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#59399 Mar 31, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess what? Many (most?) of the laundering operations attributed to the Vatican bank were processed by J.P. Morgan. OMG.
Don't forget Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corp Buffalo operations. HSBC. That got swept under the rug by local media petty fast. It's only cool to talk against the Vatican? Hypocrites.
Revenge

Buffalo, NY

#59400 Mar 31, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
When I think of what has happened to some priests in this diocese who disagreed wih 795 Main St ON ANY SUBJECT, I fear for Fr. Seil. They are going to go after him with all their ammunition. The priests should have some human rights and it should not be so difficult or expensive for them. How can the church sound off on economic and social justice when it still treats people worse than the inquisition. There are many ways to kill people and they seem to know them all.
Petrus

Buffalo, NY

#59401 Mar 31, 2014
Like any political group or large corporation, the DOB will always find it critical to protect its image. Much like the Communist Parties of yesteryear, it would rather destroy the single individual or single parish rather than allow someone to rock the boat by not being submissive to the party line or party boss. How far removed we must be from the intention of Our Savior. I can hardly believe that this is what Christ had in mind when he established a Church for the salvation of all, if indeed he really intended to establish a "Church.". Roman Catholicism became so institutionalized following Gregory the Great and the fall of the Roman Empire, that it no longer resembles what it was supposed to be: a community of love. This is what Christ intended - I believe - not an institution to divest her followers of money for the purpose of influence, power and wealth. Malone - knowingly or unknowingly - is so removed from his flock - that he can only see himself as a person of power and not a shepherd of souls. The outcome is a leader divested of compassion, mercy, prudence and often times common sense.
edu

Lancaster, NY

#59402 Mar 31, 2014
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corp Buffalo operations. HSBC. That got swept under the rug by local media petty fast. It's only cool to talk against the Vatican? Hypocrites.
The Vatican does not belong in the banking business. Period.
Boy Toy

Buffalo, NY

#59403 Mar 31, 2014
Amherst Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's face it: boy toys can be fun and we all wish we had one. Sometimes however, they are not always cheap!
Real

Niagara Falls, NY

#59404 Mar 31, 2014
Boy Toy wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's face it: boy toys can be fun and we all wish we had one. Sometimes however, they are not always cheap!
just give them your summer huts!
Wrong

Niagara Falls, NY

#59405 Mar 31, 2014
Petrus wrote:
Like any political group or large corporation, the DOB will always find it critical to protect its image. Much like the Communist Parties of yesteryear, it would rather destroy the single individual or single parish rather than allow someone to rock the boat by not being submissive to the party line or party boss. How far removed we must be from the intention of Our Savior. I can hardly believe that this is what Christ had in mind when he established a Church for the salvation of all, if indeed he really intended to establish a "Church.". Roman Catholicism became so institutionalized following Gregory the Great and the fall of the Roman Empire, that it no longer resembles what it was supposed to be: a community of love. This is what Christ intended - I believe - not an institution to divest her followers of money for the purpose of influence, power and wealth. Malone - knowingly or unknowingly - is so removed from his flock - that he can only see himself as a person of power and not a shepherd of souls. The outcome is a leader divested of compassion, mercy, prudence and often times common sense.
you are very wrong in your critical assessment of the local bishop!
Provoking

Niagara Falls, NY

#59406 Mar 31, 2014
Revenge wrote:
<quoted text>
When I think of what has happened to some priests in this diocese who disagreed wih 795 Main St ON ANY SUBJECT, I fear for Fr. Seil. They are going to go after him with all their ammunition. The priests should have some human rights and it should not be so difficult or expensive for them. How can the church sound off on economic and social justice when it still treats people worse than the inquisition. There are many ways to kill people and they seem to know them all.
he should get what he asked for!
Banks

Niagara Falls, NY

#59407 Mar 31, 2014
edu wrote:
<quoted text>The Vatican does not belong in the banking business. Period.
who are you, sir?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woodland council to talk about a sanctuary city... Jul 13 spytheweb 2
News The meaning of reconciliation: 'We're not anywh... Jul 7 Marked BonerCowSki 3
News As a Newfoundlander born in 1952, I learned a g... Jul 1 Shoe Polish Sheldon 4
News Activist vying for non-binary birth certificate... Jun 23 TerriB1 1
News Human Rights Commission recognizes Internationa... May '17 Jeeshush Sheeeria 1
News Editorial: Young and homeless May '17 LMLS 1
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) May '17 just like here 6
More from around the web