Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61881 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Episcopate

Niagara Falls, NY

#59206 Mar 24, 2014
Annie wrote:
She is a Medjugorje fanatic, sir.
apparently, Annie is convoking a 'divinely inspired meeting' with the rosary recitation for wayward people around the diocese.
Seminarians

Niagara Falls, NY

#59207 Mar 24, 2014
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Some got green cards and left. Some got married to woman. One thief left with his male lover. Al least one was married in Columbia but was never vetted properly. None - ZERO-- remain as priests.
what about the new seminarians from Poland and other countries?
Schools

Niagara Falls, NY

#59208 Mar 24, 2014
anon wrote:
Malone will win this battle over the schools. But the Church at Buffalo loses again as the will of the people gives way to the selfishness of the clergy and the know-it-all attitude of bishops.
Malone by-passed the parents, pastors and principals. They had no real in-put. The letter sent out by Malone this week was full of holes, misleading facts and untruths.
This is 2014, not the feudal days. Malone wins. The entire Church of WNY loses some of its best Catholics, some of its most faithful parents and the heart of some of its priests and deacons.
And lawyers, accountants, mouth-pieces, and ad firms don't care.
I am sure that more schools and churches will close later on.
anon

Eden, NY

#59209 Mar 24, 2014
Episcopate wrote:
<quoted text>what about this comment by Amherst Annie?
I am not Amherst Annie. Someone seems to refer to me by that title but I am not Amherst Annie and I did not post that.
Anonymous

United States

#59210 Mar 24, 2014
Schools wrote:
<quoted text> I am sure that more schools and churches will close later on.
Are you kidding? Ha, Ha...
Whoisit

Niagara Falls, NY

#59211 Mar 24, 2014
anon wrote:
<quoted text>I am not Amherst Annie. Someone seems to refer to me by that title but I am not Amherst Annie and I did not post that.
are you an 'irresponsible cinderella' who likes to write about certain priests and their escapades in their private huts without the absolute truth?
Schools

Niagara Falls, NY

#59212 Mar 24, 2014
Pater Noster wrote:
What massive destruction. Beautiful churches will be lost to future generations! The patrimony of the diocese is being dismantled and sold off. Flourishing churches that have spent hundreds of thousands of dolalrs in the last few years are being closed! St. Mary's and Trinity in the Falls have been allowed to spend hundreds of thousands at each parish on renovation! The diocese allowed and approved these major expenditures and now they close these parishes? Something is terribly wrong in the Chancery! "Why sit we here idle?"
more churches and more schools will close in the years to come due to demographic and financial burdens.
Service

Lancaster, NY

#59213 Mar 24, 2014
Whoisit wrote:
<quoted text>are you an 'irresponsible cinderella' who likes to write about certain priests and their escapades in their private huts without the absolute truth?
How many huts in the Falls are you hiding in ivan?Tell us the truth.Period!
Schools

Niagara Falls, NY

#59214 Mar 24, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>How many huts in the Falls are you hiding in ivan?Tell us the truth.Period!
go on a pilgrimage!
Schools

Niagara Falls, NY

#59215 Mar 24, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding? Ha, Ha...
Bishop Malone is not kidding. He is telling the way it is!Accept the reality!
Snow

Niagara Falls, NY

#59216 Mar 24, 2014
Mary of Magdala wrote:
How long are you two going to carry on? The Magnolia is bored.
are you blooming right after the snow melts like the crocuses?
Snow

Niagara Falls, NY

#59217 Mar 24, 2014
ANONYMOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the one who sets up priests so they can be kicked out on something trumped up?
you never know what is Amherst Annie up to it. Unpredictable!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#59218 Mar 24, 2014
No Winners In This wrote:
<quoted text> Their are no winners in this! The Bishop has lost so much respect from his diocese that people don't believe in what he's trying to do unfortunately. He is not backing up his statements with anything credible. Their are so many gaps in what he has said and done people are scratching their heads, huh? The part that put him in such a negative light is he refuses to explain anything. The future generation of Catholics have a bad taste in their mouth concerning him already that who knows where Catholicism will be when they are old timers. It's very very sad!
LMAO........."future generation of Catholics"..........GAG, GAG, GAG..........OMG, I just fell off my chair laughing....hang on...let me get back up. The future generation of Catholics as you put it can care less about their Catholicity. They go to Catholic school to avoid public school and the colorful rainbow that shines in the public schools. Where are these Catholic school kids or their families at Mass on Sunday? They're home getting ready for more important stuff like the Bills game.
Schools

Niagara Falls, NY

#59219 Mar 24, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO........."future generation of Catholics"..........GAG, GAG, GAG..........OMG, I just fell off my chair laughing....hang on...let me get back up. The future generation of Catholics as you put it can care less about their Catholicity. They go to Catholic school to avoid public school and the colorful rainbow that shines in the public schools. Where are these Catholic school kids or their families at Mass on Sunday? They're home getting ready for more important stuff like the Bills game.
you are partially right and correct.
No Winners In This

Buffalo, NY

#59220 Mar 24, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO........."future generation of Catholics"..........GAG, GAG, GAG..........OMG, I just fell off my chair laughing....hang on...let me get back up. The future generation of Catholics as you put it can care less about their Catholicity. They go to Catholic school to avoid public school and the colorful rainbow that shines in the public schools. Where are these Catholic school kids or their families at Mass on Sunday? They're home getting ready for more important stuff like the Bills game.
Quite my point . It's things like what Malone is doing now that is sending them away by the droves..... by the way,....Catholic School kids play Diocesan Sports on Sundays...... If a school can prove that they can stick around longer than the Bishops flawed plan then why not? Also, you can see what a school is made of if you can give them enough time to prove it. If the schools were given warnings or let in on what was going on they might not need to take him to court, which will be expensive all around! You might also see successful alumni come out of the woodworks to fund it? Thus, making everybody stronger! Schools should close only if it's truly necessary. Their studies and surveys should be accurate and transparent! If not, then be open to working it out together! The way he is doing this is for his generation. He is totally unaffected. He will be retired before he sees any financial decline that will affect him in his mansion. If he were to get booted or reassigned he has his life savings and investments!
WWJD

Lancaster, NY

#59221 Mar 24, 2014
NY Post article " Vatican's secret, and deadly, project to mummify saints" interesting bizzare read.. A quote about Mother Cabrini. "St. Frances Cabini (1917)- Sent to New York to help Italian immigrants, she was first US citizen to be canonized. Her body is now enshrined under glass in the chapel at Mother Cabrini High School in Washington Heights. Her head, however, was removed and is in Rome; the head on the New York body is wax." The Catholic religion is effen nuts. Cutting a head off a body is sick. Desecration is a crime.
Anonymous

United States

#59222 Mar 24, 2014
WWJD wrote:
NY Post article " Vatican's secret, and deadly, project to mummify saints" interesting bizzare read.. A quote about Mother Cabrini. "St. Frances Cabini (1917)- Sent to New York to help Italian immigrants, she was first US citizen to be canonized. Her body is now enshrined under glass in the chapel at Mother Cabrini High School in Washington Heights. Her head, however, was removed and is in Rome; the head on the New York body is wax." The Catholic religion is effen nuts. Cutting a head off a body is sick. Desecration is a crime.
The sharing of relics (body parts) of martyrs and other saints has been forbidden since Vatican II. The relics which the Church makes available today are (fragment of) objects used by them or touched to their tomb.
Strange that people who idolize the body in life are scandalized that the Church honors the body of her best children which is instrument of holiness and good works, and is destined to the resurrection.
Relics

Niagara Falls, NY

#59223 Mar 25, 2014
WWJD wrote:
NY Post article " Vatican's secret, and deadly, project to mummify saints" interesting bizzare read.. A quote about Mother Cabrini. "St. Frances Cabini (1917)- Sent to New York to help Italian immigrants, she was first US citizen to be canonized. Her body is now enshrined under glass in the chapel at Mother Cabrini High School in Washington Heights. Her head, however, was removed and is in Rome; the head on the New York body is wax." The Catholic religion is effen nuts. Cutting a head off a body is sick. Desecration is a crime.
that is not what Fr. Mike thinks about with all his relics in possessions.
Relics

Niagara Falls, NY

#59224 Mar 25, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The sharing of relics (body parts) of martyrs and other saints has been forbidden since Vatican II. The relics which the Church makes available today are (fragment of) objects used by them or touched to their tomb.
Strange that people who idolize the body in life are scandalized that the Church honors the body of her best children which is instrument of holiness and good works, and is destined to the resurrection.
have your own opinion about the relics!
Schools

Niagara Falls, NY

#59225 Mar 25, 2014
No Winners In This wrote:
<quoted text> Quite my point . It's things like what Malone is doing now that is sending them away by the droves..... by the way,....Catholic School kids play Diocesan Sports on Sundays...... If a school can prove that they can stick around longer than the Bishops flawed plan then why not? Also, you can see what a school is made of if you can give them enough time to prove it. If the schools were given warnings or let in on what was going on they might not need to take him to court, which will be expensive all around! You might also see successful alumni come out of the woodworks to fund it? Thus, making everybody stronger! Schools should close only if it's truly necessary. Their studies and surveys should be accurate and transparent! If not, then be open to working it out together! The way he is doing this is for his generation. He is totally unaffected. He will be retired before he sees any financial decline that will affect him in his mansion. If he were to get booted or reassigned he has his life savings and investments!
I am amazed that I was not attacked ad hominem by my 'archenemy' for this posting. Did his spy, Shawn, fail to find the answer who did this posting?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Three moose appear at Tim Horton's drive-thru, ... Jan 7 not same luck 4 deer 1
News Mount Pearl grocery store employee wins $250,00... Dec 25 hassen benhassen 3
News Quebec and N.L.: Why peace won't come quickly b... Dec '16 Nfld got short st... 1
News Did Trudeau tip his hand on NAFTA? Not while Tr... Nov '16 JUSTIN TRUDEAU ERA 1
News Tar-covered ghost vessel from Canada hits Ireland Nov '16 McCafe 1
News Tar-covered ghost vessel from Canada hits Irela... Nov '16 McCafe 2
News Young Atlantic Canadians shouldn't have to leav... Nov '16 No Jobs No Cash eh 1
More from around the web