Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Full Story
Truth

Niagara Falls, NY

#59058 Mar 19, 2014
Really wrote:
Who is he f*****g this time? Isn't that why he left his diocese in Poland?
ask the bishop!
Truth

Niagara Falls, NY

#59059 Mar 19, 2014
Follow Pope Francis and his teachings!
Truth

Niagara Falls, NY

#59060 Mar 19, 2014
Dana from NF wrote:
<quoted text>
Monsignor in pectore, I'm not saying give to the Diocese. Did anywhere in my post say TO GIVE TO THE DIOCESE??? I think you need to reread a bit more before condenming the poster to 'blog hell'. Bad form, Monsignor. Bad form!
Let me make it as plain as I can for you and for anyone else who happens to be reading this so that there is NO further misinterruptation:
Malachi 3:8 - "Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. "But you ask,'How do we rob you?' "In tithes and offerings."
Malachi 3:10 - "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "And see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."
Refusing to give AT ALL which is what some have said here, is what I mean by, "Some are refusing to give," Period. Never one did I say, "Please, blindly write a check and continue to fund corrupt thinking and line the pockets of the pharisees of this day and age."
I'm saying that refusing to give AT ALL because one is angry with men and their idiotoic business-like decisions is not punishing man, but robbing from God.
You are right - give to the poor. Aid the destitute and take care of the widow. Care for the children, but don't stop giving period, because of one organized religion's leadership. There are charities, not just Catholic, that could use our support. This is called,'sacrifical offering'.
who is monsignor in pectore?
Truth

Niagara Falls, NY

#59061 Mar 19, 2014
NF Pole wrote:
There is strength in numbers. We must band together and fight this atrocity. Prayer is powerful -- pray for the intercession of Our Blesses Lady, Our Lady of Czestochowa and even to Pope John Paul II. Have faith that our prayers will be answered and Polonia will not be wiped off the face of the map in Niagara Falls.
who is trying to wipe off Polonia from the Falls?
Truth

Niagara Falls, NY

#59062 Mar 19, 2014
East Side wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a plan -- everyone from Polonia should be there and demand answers of why this travesty is happening to our beloved Polish churches. People need to spread the word from Niagara Falls to Dunkirk to be at that Mass. Even that 25th Anniversary Mass is a great idea -- let them (Diocese, Vatican) know how the people in the Diocese of Buffalo feel about this disaster.
what 'disaster'?
Plane Missing

Niagara Falls, NY

#59063 Mar 20, 2014
where is it?
Dominick

Niagara Falls, NY

#59064 Mar 20, 2014
I paid for my funeral inadvance.
Sicily

Niagara Falls, NY

#59065 Mar 20, 2014
how was The Lenten Journey?
Judge Judy

Niagara Falls, NY

#59066 Mar 20, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure the bishop already knows the dirty little secrets. They are not really secrets just reciprocal blackmailing going on amongst the clergy. Everyone has something on someone else so that they keep their mouths shut. They are as sick as their secrets which in the case or the DOB is twisted and demented. Sad but true
what 'dirty little secrets' does the bishop know?
Judge Judy

Niagara Falls, NY

#59067 Mar 20, 2014
Emslie wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations! You have successfully packed THREE lies into one, single-sentence blog entry. That just may be a world's record.
only truths, no lies!
Judge Judy

Niagara Falls, NY

#59068 Mar 20, 2014
anon wrote:
<quoted text>The Lord will provide.
really? by charging more for funerals and weddings?
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#59070 Mar 20, 2014
This priest from Niagara Falls has way too much time on his hands. Will the bishop please give him something to do besides writing on this blog twelve times a day.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#59071 Mar 20, 2014
Questions wrote:
<quoted text>
Fr. Michael left a debt of around $400,000. How was it that that kind of financial mismanagement was allowed to happen over a period of several years? Why didn't the diocese step in when such financial improprieties where happening over several years? All Fr. Michael did was blame the deacon for all the financial problems our parish was having. Was Fr. stealing the money to support his alcohol problem or his many vacations or his home? Also, why were there so many families listed as belonging to the parish and now the new pastor lists about half as many. Did all those people leave or did Fr. Michael seriously inflate the numbers to make himself look good? Well Judge Judy, what is the verdict???
This is totally false to say Father Mike left any sort of debt whatsoever. Father Mike was a competent administrator and extremely pastoral. Father Mike had no intentions of leaving St. Mary's, nor did he ask to appointed to his current assignment. The Bishop sent Father Mike from St. Mary's because the parishioners at Saint John Gualbert's had been let down through the deviant behaviors with young boys by the former pastor from St. John Gualbert's. Father Mike has been highly successful at bringing healing to his new parish. The former ex-priest is now a thing of the past and that priest has become jealous of Father Mike's success. Parishioners have said that Father Mike is the best pastor that they could remember in many years at Saint John Gualbert's.
Mary

Buffalo, NY

#59072 Mar 20, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
This is totally false to say Father Mike left any sort of debt whatsoever. Father Mike was a competent administrator and extremely pastoral. Father Mike had no intentions of leaving St. Mary's, nor did he ask to appointed to his current assignment. The Bishop sent Father Mike from St. Mary's because the parishioners at Saint John Gualbert's had been let down through the deviant behaviors with young boys by the former pastor from St. John Gualbert's. Father Mike has been highly successful at bringing healing to his new parish. The former ex-priest is now a thing of the past and that priest has become jealous of Father Mike's success. Parishioners have said that Father Mike is the best pastor that they could remember in many years at Saint John Gualbert's.
I don't believe Fr. Jacek would lie about the debt. We all like him and appreciate the new leadership of our parish.
Former Parishioner

Niagara Falls, NY

#59073 Mar 20, 2014
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe Fr. Jacek would lie about the debt. We all like him and appreciate the new leadership of our parish.
I do not agree with you. He is a good 'manipulator'.
Former Parishioner

Niagara Falls, NY

#59074 Mar 20, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
We miss Fr. Mike enormously.
Parishioner

Buffalo, NY

#59075 Mar 20, 2014
Former Parishioner wrote:
<quoted text>We miss Fr. Mike enormously.
I'm from St. Raphael and we also miss Fr. Jacek tremendously.
Judge Judy

Niagara Falls, NY

#59076 Mar 20, 2014
Parishioner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm from St. Raphael and we also miss Fr. Jacek tremendously.
good for you! join his new parish!
Observation

Buffalo, NY

#59077 Mar 20, 2014
It seems like these priests who write on this blog are intensely jealous of other priests and will say anything derogatory they can think of so as to make themselves look better than they are. What a sad and evil profession this is!
Anonymous

United States

#59078 Mar 20, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text> he was cleared of his accusations.
Will now Archbishop John C. Nienstedt sue for defamation?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Slain soldiers Cirillo and Vincent named Canada... Mon Pete 1
Slain soldiers Canada's Newsmaker of the Year Dec 21 MPP Chiarelli a c... 1
Saint John hold special council meeting to solv... Dec 15 John 1
Community Calendar, Dec. 14-31 Dec 14 behind many scenes 1
Complaints about Subaru Dec 4 ivan0407 1
Her Christian journey Dec 3 RevKen 1
"Sanctuary" for Immigrants Comes Back to the Ba... Nov 25 Le Jimbo 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:31 pm PST