Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.
Comments
56,861 - 56,880 of 58,533 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Service wrote:
<quoted text>He does not frequent those places at all!
Yeah right. Thats a laugh.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

The Pope has commissioned a body similar to a ministry of finance to oversee the Vatican's economic and administrative affairs. Can a similar body be commissioned to oversee the dioceses who lack equity or go into bankruptcy? Where has all the money gone?
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Anon wrote:
The Pope has commissioned a body similar to a ministry of finance to oversee the Vatican's economic and administrative affairs. Can a similar body be commissioned to oversee the dioceses who lack equity or go into bankruptcy? Where has all the money gone?
To the Vatican.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
28 U.S. parishes in six dioceses win their appeals.
Thanks for the information. I had thought the actual number may have been two. Anyway, when you consider the number of dioceses !74 in the Latin rite0 and the period of time involved (over ten years), I still don't think any of the groups, however well intended, are going to have much chance of success. I still believe that Malone has made the right decision, even though he would have rather done something else Maybe the Francis' effect will increase vocations at SJV/CTK, and parishes, etc. can start re-opening. As it stands now, the DOB will probably only ordain 2 priests a year over the next decade.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
28 U.S. parishes in six dioceses win their appeals.
Can you share your source of information?
I thought

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

MsgrBadski wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for the information. I had thought the actual number may have been two. Anyway, when you consider the number of dioceses !74 in the Latin rite0 and the period of time involved (over ten years), I still don't think any of the groups, however well intended, are going to have much chance of success. I still believe that Malone has made the right decision, even though he would have rather done something else Maybe the Francis' effect will increase vocations at SJV/CTK, and parishes, etc. can start re-opening. As it stands now, the DOB will probably only ordain 2 priests a year over the next decade.
I thought when a church closes it can't reopen as a church for 50yrs. Is this correct?
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Mary of Magdala wrote:
"But the Vaticanís Congregation for the Clergy, in a recent ruling on an appeal by St. Ann parishioners, has made it clear that repairs of up to $12 million are not a good enough reason for the building to be demolished or converted into something other than a Catholic church." (BN)
Hope you all have a ton of money somewhere. It says nothing about the diocese helping or even getting involved. You need to pay closer attention to Vatican speak!
One company has estimated the cost for stabilization at 10% of that amount. Besides, a few years ago, soon after the Jesuits left St. Annís, parishioners wanted to start a fundraising for the restoration of the Church. Bishop Kmiec told them in writing not to.
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Service wrote:
<quoted text>He does not frequent those places at all!
How do you know?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know?
somebody told me about it.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> How was it? Did you have fun?
your presumption is wrong. I did not go. somebody else told me about it.
Anon

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Service wrote:
<quoted text>somebody told me about it.
The question was how do you know Msgr lipuma doesn't frequent the bathhouses?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>The question was how do you know Msgr lipuma doesn't frequent the bathhouses?
Call him directly, and find out in order to satisfy your curiosity!
Judge Judy

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>The question was how do you know Msgr lipuma doesn't frequent the bathhouses?
Ask 'divine one' since he has a 'personal spy cop' who works for him! They would know that!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Pope Francis is asking all priests to live in humility and poverty!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Pope Francis created a new office called The Secretariat for the Economy. Cardinal George Pell is the lead person of this office.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Service wrote:
<quoted text>If you like your HUT you can keep your HUT.Like wise if you like your PARISH you can keep your PARISH. PERIOD.
Really, I cannot separate myself from my secluded hideout private place called 'my hut'.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

What is Ryszard doing these days when the Bishop is attacked by his own for closing 10 schools?
Mary of Magdala

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Service wrote:
Pope Francis created a new office called The Secretariat for the Economy. Cardinal George Pell is the lead person of this office.
I have read that the Australians shall not miss him.
useoumos

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Service wrote:
Pope Francis is asking all priests to live in humility and poverty!
When will you start practicing the Pope's dicta.
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judge Judy wrote:
<quoted text> Ask 'divine one' since he has a 'personal spy cop' who works for him! They would know that!
works for him? Who is it? You?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent St. John's Discussions

Search the St. John's Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
ATV park takes riders through forgotten coal mi... (Oct '10) Jul 19 fandango 30
What's happening in Halton Hills on Canada Day Jul 14 2 killed in crash 2
Cell tower badly needed: Rogers Jul 14 Response to Rogers 3
who got the homes on farm Gulliver Jun 29 man from out town 1
The search for mental health in a pill Jun 29 STARTS WITH VACCINES 6
Widow still waiting for chopper safety change Jun 23 Survey says 1
...FARMER ..is GOD,..not.... (Jun '13) Jun '14 PAUL SHYKORA artsdiscuss 3
•••
•••