Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 60957 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58619 Feb 25, 2014
Which schools will close next year? Any churches closings? What is going on with St. Ann in Buffalo?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58620 Feb 25, 2014
Is Batavia Barn Boy from Wheatfield seclusion going to be selected 'as a new bishop' of Buffalo together with his cousin Whitney?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58621 Feb 25, 2014
Fr Igor wrote:
<quoted text>Does the beeshop deserf to bea beeshop. The answer is yours.
Perhaps, Fr. Igor will become a 'new bishop' of Buffalo! He would be able to handle anything with the most perfect precision and justice!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58622 Feb 25, 2014
Is Vigano placing his personal call to Fr. Igor to appoint him as a new Bishop of Buffalo? No better choice, than a disgruntled priest!
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#58623 Feb 25, 2014
St. Ann's will ultimately close as will all the schools. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just naïve. Malone will get his way. Hardly any of the decisions of this type have been permanently reversed by the Holy See
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#58624 Feb 25, 2014
Weldgen and Whitney as bishops. You just might as well ahut down the whole diocese. Where is Weldgen's former secretary? and where is Betty, the daughter of the Camp turner cook?
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#58625 Feb 25, 2014
How come no one is willing to say something about Art Smith and Dave Gallivan? Strange going on?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#58626 Feb 25, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>keep flying!
All my bags are packed I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin' it's early morn
The taxi's waitin' he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh baby, I hate to go

There's so many times I've let you down
So many times I've played around
I tell you now, they don't mean a thing
Every place I go, I'll think of you
Every song I sing, I'll sing for you
When I come back, I'll bring your wedding ring

Oh babe, I hate to go

Now the time has come to leave you
One more time let me kiss you
Close your eyes I'll be on my way
Dream about the days to come
When I won't have to leave alone
About the times, I won't have to say

Oh baby, I hate to go

Oh baby, I hate to go
Anonymous

United States

#58627 Feb 25, 2014
TRANSPARENCY - The U.S. under President Obama, who once promised to run the “most transparent” administration in the country’s history, fell from 32nd to 46th in the 2014 World Press Freedom Index, a drop of 13 slots.
Talking about transparency in the Vatican…
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#58628 Feb 25, 2014
Service wrote:
Friday night was a priest night at the Rochester Spa, the radio free information informed the world about it. How great!
Was msgr. Lipuma there?
Anonymous

United States

#58629 Feb 25, 2014
MsgrBadski wrote:
St. Ann's will ultimately close as will all the schools. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just naïve. Malone will get his way. Hardly any of the decisions of this type have been permanently reversed by the Holy See
28 U.S. parishes in six dioceses win their appeals.
Service

Lancaster, NY

#58630 Feb 25, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
TRANSPARENCY - The U.S. under President Obama, who once promised to run the “most transparent” administration in the country’s history, fell from 32nd to 46th in the 2014 World Press Freedom Index, a drop of 13 slots.
Talking about transparency in the Vatican…
If you like your HUT you can keep your HUT.Like wise if you like your PARISH you can keep your PARISH. PERIOD.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58631 Feb 25, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>Was msgr. Lipuma there?
He does not frequent those places at all!
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#58632 Feb 25, 2014
Service wrote:
Friday night was a priest night at the Rochester Spa, the radio free information informed the world about it. How great!
How was it? Did you have fun?
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#58633 Feb 25, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>He does not frequent those places at all!
Yeah right. Thats a laugh.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#58634 Feb 25, 2014
The Pope has commissioned a body similar to a ministry of finance to oversee the Vatican's economic and administrative affairs. Can a similar body be commissioned to oversee the dioceses who lack equity or go into bankruptcy? Where has all the money gone?
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#58635 Feb 25, 2014
Anon wrote:
The Pope has commissioned a body similar to a ministry of finance to oversee the Vatican's economic and administrative affairs. Can a similar body be commissioned to oversee the dioceses who lack equity or go into bankruptcy? Where has all the money gone?
To the Vatican.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#58636 Feb 25, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the information. I had thought the actual number may have been two. Anyway, when you consider the number of dioceses !74 in the Latin rite0 and the period of time involved (over ten years), I still don't think any of the groups, however well intended, are going to have much chance of success. I still believe that Malone has made the right decision, even though he would have rather done something else Maybe the Francis' effect will increase vocations at SJV/CTK, and parishes, etc. can start re-opening. As it stands now, the DOB will probably only ordain 2 priests a year over the next decade.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#58637 Feb 25, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you share your source of information?
I thought

New York, NY

#58638 Feb 25, 2014
MsgrBadski wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for the information. I had thought the actual number may have been two. Anyway, when you consider the number of dioceses !74 in the Latin rite0 and the period of time involved (over ten years), I still don't think any of the groups, however well intended, are going to have much chance of success. I still believe that Malone has made the right decision, even though he would have rather done something else Maybe the Francis' effect will increase vocations at SJV/CTK, and parishes, etc. can start re-opening. As it stands now, the DOB will probably only ordain 2 priests a year over the next decade.
I thought when a church closes it can't reopen as a church for 50yrs. Is this correct?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Letter: Most-used libraries among those slated ... May 22 wabush-mines-clos... 1
News Grant Tapper: charged with sexually assaulting ... (Aug '08) May 19 Sinja 65
News Trudeau government to kick off new pipeline rev... May 17 CBC GEY NEWS at 11 1
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) May 10 sad 2
KHAN KAGE KHAT FIGHT - PC Leadership on PPV ! May 6 KHAN Senate Hosers 2
SENATE - PAY mike Duffy's Salary ! May 6 KHAN Senate Hosers 1
FORT MAC and CHEESE - SCORCHED ! May 6 Canned Seal Suppl... 1
More from around the web