Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62721 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58478 Feb 21, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Anzelm was sexy, why did he choose that nasty girl. Oh well, I am sure is on to bigger and better chicks these days.
I wonder if he still feels sexy?
Sexy on the picnic table???? Or in his fancy blue sports car???????
he could not afford a nice summer hut by the lake in order to have sex in a very private way. poor guy!
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#58479 Feb 21, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>you are vey wrong in this assessment!
Not so. You see it over and over again that bishops become intoxicated by the consumption of power and greed.Period!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58480 Feb 21, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Not so. You see it over and over again that bishops become intoxicated by the consumption of power and greed.Period!
Bishops are doing what is necessary at this time in certain areas of each diocese. There is no greed and power!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58481 Feb 21, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>It's sexy..
for you, perhaps!
JHD

Vienna, VA

#58482 Feb 21, 2014
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
This sick person keeps accusing these two fine priests. There has never been an allegation against them. They both reached the retirement age and retired. They are both priests in good standing and may still celebrate the Sacraments. Clearly this is a vendetta that someone has against these two men. Also, Fr. Mergenhagen served honorably as a medic in VietNam.
Both are now elderly and face some health concerns.
Whoever keeps bringing these two names up is a very sick twisted sinful gossip.
Amen. The only thing worse than accusing people who are innocent and who have devoted their lives to others is the person making the unsubstantiated accusations.
Anonymous

United States

#58483 Feb 21, 2014
ST. ANN’S - Realizing the 80% of the art treasures in Italy have a religious there, the Italian minister of cultural affairs is offering in various cities courses of religious art appreciation for tourists. Many people – he argues - do not realize what Annunciation, Last Supper, Crucifixion or Resurrection mean. How can they appreciate Leonardo, Raphael, or Michelangelo? We need a campus in Buffalo!
Villa

Lancaster, NY

#58484 Feb 21, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Bishops are doing what is necessary at this time in certain areas of each diocese. There is no greed and power!
Be careful. You being the pawn that you are could have Rook looking over your shoulder.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#58485 Feb 21, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Anzelm was sexy, why did he choose that nasty girl. Oh well, I am sure is on to bigger and better chicks these days.
I wonder if he still feels sexy?
Sexy on the picnic table???? Or in his fancy blue sports car???????
How do these order priests who take a vow of poverty end up with these big flashy cars anyway? And how does one reconcile that with the fact that Anzelm presumably sold some expensive musical instrument he owned to donate the money to some pressing need for Corpus Christi? Probably to throw his parishioners off and have them thinking what a dedicated, spiritual pastor he was with the best interests of his church and parish at heart. What a phony baloney!
Service

Lancaster, NY

#58486 Feb 21, 2014
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
How do these order priests who take a vow of poverty end up with these big flashy cars anyway? And how does one reconcile that with the fact that Anzelm presumably sold some expensive musical instrument he owned to donate the money to some pressing need for Corpus Christi? Probably to throw his parishioners off and have them thinking what a dedicated, spiritual pastor he was with the best interests of his church and parish at heart. What a phony baloney!
The pope has a popemobile, The bishop has a bishopmobile. Why cant a hard working priest enjoy the spoils of life and drive a Lexus, BMW, Mercedes or Cadillac.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#58487 Feb 21, 2014
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough of your garbage.
Anon

New York, NY

#58488 Feb 21, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>you need certain things to be repeated million times in order to comprehend what you need to do in your life. this is not competition in syntax! and typographical errors!this is not a turn paper! this is not college test!
CORRECTION: not only are you an idiot - you're also ignorant.
Anon

New York, NY

#58489 Feb 21, 2014
Mary of Magdala wrote:
Service......I figured it out. Glad to know you are well, however, you are as wordy as ever and TYPO'S! Someone needs a red pen! LOL!
Perhaps Service needs to grow a beard in order to disguise himself a little bit better.
He certainly is not doing a good job at it by typing. LOL
Anonymous

New York, NY

#58490 Feb 21, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>All questions are already answered by the Bishop. What else do you need?
We need for you to shut your pie hole!
Anon

New York, NY

#58491 Feb 21, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Bishops are doing what is necessary at this time in certain areas of each diocese. There is no greed and power!
You're not only an ignorant idiot - you're clueless and naive simpleton.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#58492 Feb 21, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough of your garbage.
You need to understand that each time I throw a public dig at Anzelm it scrapes off a litte more egg from my face that I got by extolling his virtues in my Am-Pol Eagle columns, Of course Anzelm had Roger fooled too. He gave him the Person of the Year Award for Religion one year.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58493 Feb 21, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
CORRECTION: not only are you an idiot - you're also ignorant.
all applicable to you, sir!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58494 Feb 21, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
We need for you to shut your pie hole!
You need to do that first!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58495 Feb 21, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps Service needs to grow a beard in order to disguise himself a little bit better.
He certainly is not doing a good job at it by typing. LOL
Is this a competition in typing? Olympics? Sell your expensive car and give money to the poor!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58496 Feb 21, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>The pope has a popemobile, The bishop has a bishopmobile. Why cant a hard working priest enjoy the spoils of life and drive a Lexus, BMW, Mercedes or Cadillac.
Priests should give the best possible example to their parishioners by driving inexpensive cars.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58497 Feb 21, 2014
Villa wrote:
<quoted text>Be careful. You being the pawn that you are could have Rook looking over your shoulder.
Is his name Shawn?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Toronto ranked 10th best city for women in Cana... Nov '17 Love Machine 3
News Newfoundland to allow switch to gender-neutral ... Sep '17 Capt Craig 1
News DeJaynes ~ Jenssen (Jun '13) Sep '17 FindItDennis 5
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) Aug '17 organic eh 4
News St. John's volunteer, activist Susan Shriner pa... Jul '17 Donna Barrett 1
News Woodland council to talk about a sanctuary city... Jul '17 spytheweb 2
News The meaning of reconciliation: 'We're not anywh... Jul '17 Marked BonerCowSki 3
More from around the web