Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.
Comments
56,621 - 56,640 of 58,537 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Emslie

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

Service wrote:
Bishop is a Chief Leader in the Diocese, and he should be obeyed faithfully by his priests.
Service and Mary of Magdala: the canonical buck does NOT stop at the bishop's desk! The bishop is subject to the authority of Rome. How did you people become so brainwashed?
Anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The Myersí 4,500-square-foot home sits on 8.2 wooded acres in the hills of Hunterdon County, N.J. With 5 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, a 3-car garage and a big outdoor pool. Myers, who has used the house as a weekend residence since the archdiocese purchased it in 2002, is building a three-story, 3,000-square-foot addition for his retirement there in two years. The new wing includes an indoor exercise pool, a hot tub, three fireplaces, a library and an elevator. The price tag:$ 500K plus architectural costs, furnishings and landscaping. How much will it cost to run that place? Francesco, what do you think?
5oo K and the sale of Oakland place would be just enough to fix up St. Ann . It's not very much .
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

Service wrote:
<quoted text>He should go and live in one of the bigger rectories in the area in order to follow what Pope Francis is preaching.
As should the bishop of Buffalo and he can bring his pawns with him.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

Service wrote:
Pope Francis s asking all priests to sell their summer huts and give money to the poor. Follow Jesus! Get rid of your earthly possessions! Get rid of your expensive cars such as: Lincolns, Lexuses, Cadillacs, etc.
You sound like a friggin broken record.
Actully, you sound jealous.
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Service wrote:
<quoted text>What about a younger priest in the Falls buying a summer villa by the lake for 159,000 dollars with a swimming pool and wooden fence? Is that a good example also? Is that opulent? What would Pope Francis say about that?
both the bishop and the priest in the falls are sending the wrong message by living upper class lifestyles. Sell Oakland place and give proceeds to the poor.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

If, according to Malone, it will cost 8 to 12 million (big difference!) to stabilize Annís, it would cost much more to the Preservation Buffalo Niagara to buy it, repair it and convert it to secular use. Figures donít tally.
Pope ye

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

Service wrote:
<quoted text>What about a younger priest in the Falls buying a summer villa by the lake for 159,000 dollars with a swimming pool and wooden fence? Is that a good example also? Is that opulent? What would Pope Francis say about that?
The pope knows what he knows and thats all that he knows.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Service wrote:
<quoted text>Seil should work on his weight instead of siding with the few disgruntled parishioners.
No need to be nasty and get personal. A pastor is supposed to stand with his people first. Where did you go to school CKS ?
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

Service wrote:
<quoted text>Fr. Chalupka gave everything for having a woman in his bed.Period! Simple as that!
Not so simple. He lead a double life for five years after his baby was born. Still wonder, with his vow of poverty, how did he provide for the little girl while still a priest and before he sold his first car. Anyone have the answer to that?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
5oo K and the sale of Oakland place would be just enough to fix up St. Ann . It's not very much .
Who in the world needs another museum? There are some museums in the Falls! That is sufficient for now! St. Ann?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to be nasty and get personal. A pastor is supposed to stand with his people first. Where did you go to school CKS ?
Siding with few disgruntled people in the parish? you must be kidding!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a friggin broken record.
Actully, you sound jealous.
You do not like to hear the truth what Pope Francis is asking. You are jealous since you cannot depart from your earthly possessions which captivated your imagination and your whole being. Buy a small car!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

Judged:

Why in the world would a priest need condo, summer hut, apartment? What is the purpose of it?Privacy? From whom?
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

Judged:

Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so simple. He lead a double life for five years after his baby was born. Still wonder, with his vow of poverty, how did he provide for the little girl while still a priest and before he sold his first car. Anyone have the answer to that?
Actually you are correct.
While Fr. Anzelm was leading his double life, I went to confession to him and told him of how I was living (unmarried) with my significant other. He chided me and told me it was wrong and told me to be more generous (financially) to Corpus Christi for my penance.
Since finding out of his double life, I am no longer Catholic.
I also have stopped going to Church.
I have no use for these joker priests right now in my life.
Maybe someday I can return to Church, but it will take a while.
Pharasaical

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

Judged:

You can always look at it as simply fulfilling Scripture: "Do as I say and not as I do."
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

From our Holy Father, Pope Francis requests that all Catholics say a "Hail,Mary" at 2:00 pm EST for the situation in Ukraine.(Pres. Yanukovich is a sworn enemy of the Catholic church,. The Western part of Ukraine is solidly Catholic. Both Catholic and Orthodox hierarchs have denounced the violence.)
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are correct.
While Fr. Anzelm was leading his double life, I went to confession to him and told him of how I was living (unmarried) with my significant other. He chided me and told me it was wrong and told me to be more generous (financially) to Corpus Christi for my penance.
Since finding out of his double life, I am no longer Catholic.
I also have stopped going to Church.
I have no use for these joker priests right now in my life.
Maybe someday I can return to Church, but it will take a while.
Fr. Chalupka is not the only one who left the priesthood either for a woman or for a man.
True

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

Service wrote:
<quoted text>Fr. Chalupka is not the only one who left the priesthood either for a woman or for a man.
And he won't be the last!
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
It is called having benefactors with deep pockets who provide in time of need.
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

Judged:

Service wrote:
Why in the world would a priest need condo, summer hut, apartment? What is the purpose of it?Privacy? From whom?
From a gossiping fool like you thats why.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent St. John's Discussions

Search the St. John's Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
ATV park takes riders through forgotten coal mi... (Oct '10) Jul 19 fandango 30
What's happening in Halton Hills on Canada Day Jul 14 2 killed in crash 2
Cell tower badly needed: Rogers Jul 14 Response to Rogers 3
who got the homes on farm Gulliver Jun 29 man from out town 1
The search for mental health in a pill Jun 29 STARTS WITH VACCINES 6
Widow still waiting for chopper safety change Jun '14 Survey says 1
...FARMER ..is GOD,..not.... (Jun '13) Jun '14 PAUL SHYKORA artsdiscuss 3
•••
•••