Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61250 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Pope ye

Lancaster, NY

#58398 Feb 18, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>What about a younger priest in the Falls buying a summer villa by the lake for 159,000 dollars with a swimming pool and wooden fence? Is that a good example also? Is that opulent? What would Pope Francis say about that?
The pope knows what he knows and thats all that he knows.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#58399 Feb 18, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Seil should work on his weight instead of siding with the few disgruntled parishioners.
No need to be nasty and get personal. A pastor is supposed to stand with his people first. Where did you go to school CKS ?
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#58400 Feb 18, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Fr. Chalupka gave everything for having a woman in his bed.Period! Simple as that!
Not so simple. He lead a double life for five years after his baby was born. Still wonder, with his vow of poverty, how did he provide for the little girl while still a priest and before he sold his first car. Anyone have the answer to that?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58401 Feb 18, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
5oo K and the sale of Oakland place would be just enough to fix up St. Ann . It's not very much .
Who in the world needs another museum? There are some museums in the Falls! That is sufficient for now! St. Ann?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58402 Feb 18, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to be nasty and get personal. A pastor is supposed to stand with his people first. Where did you go to school CKS ?
Siding with few disgruntled people in the parish? you must be kidding!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58403 Feb 18, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a friggin broken record.
Actully, you sound jealous.
You do not like to hear the truth what Pope Francis is asking. You are jealous since you cannot depart from your earthly possessions which captivated your imagination and your whole being. Buy a small car!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58404 Feb 19, 2014
Why in the world would a priest need condo, summer hut, apartment? What is the purpose of it?Privacy? From whom?
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#58405 Feb 19, 2014
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so simple. He lead a double life for five years after his baby was born. Still wonder, with his vow of poverty, how did he provide for the little girl while still a priest and before he sold his first car. Anyone have the answer to that?
Actually you are correct.
While Fr. Anzelm was leading his double life, I went to confession to him and told him of how I was living (unmarried) with my significant other. He chided me and told me it was wrong and told me to be more generous (financially) to Corpus Christi for my penance.
Since finding out of his double life, I am no longer Catholic.
I also have stopped going to Church.
I have no use for these joker priests right now in my life.
Maybe someday I can return to Church, but it will take a while.
Pharasaical

Buffalo, NY

#58406 Feb 19, 2014
You can always look at it as simply fulfilling Scripture: "Do as I say and not as I do."
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#58407 Feb 19, 2014
From our Holy Father, Pope Francis requests that all Catholics say a "Hail,Mary" at 2:00 pm EST for the situation in Ukraine.(Pres. Yanukovich is a sworn enemy of the Catholic church,. The Western part of Ukraine is solidly Catholic. Both Catholic and Orthodox hierarchs have denounced the violence.)
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58408 Feb 19, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are correct.
While Fr. Anzelm was leading his double life, I went to confession to him and told him of how I was living (unmarried) with my significant other. He chided me and told me it was wrong and told me to be more generous (financially) to Corpus Christi for my penance.
Since finding out of his double life, I am no longer Catholic.
I also have stopped going to Church.
I have no use for these joker priests right now in my life.
Maybe someday I can return to Church, but it will take a while.
Fr. Chalupka is not the only one who left the priesthood either for a woman or for a man.
True

Buffalo, NY

#58409 Feb 19, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Fr. Chalupka is not the only one who left the priesthood either for a woman or for a man.
And he won't be the last!
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#58410 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>
It is called having benefactors with deep pockets who provide in time of need.
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#58411 Feb 19, 2014
Service wrote:
Why in the world would a priest need condo, summer hut, apartment? What is the purpose of it?Privacy? From whom?
From a gossiping fool like you thats why.
Deep Pockets

Buffalo, NY

#58412 Feb 19, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>It is called having benefactors with deep pockets who provide in time of need.
I doubt that the Golembiowsks were benefactors.
Panties

Buffalo, NY

#58413 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>
You are just jealous that he never asked you to go for a ride and then have a go at it in the back seat of his car in some empty field in the glorious East Side Polonia.
Watson

Troy, NY

#58414 Feb 19, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Who in the world needs another museum? There are some museums in the Falls! That is sufficient for now! St. Ann?
St. Ann's is not a museum. It is a Roman Catholic Church and Shrine, and will remain as such according to the Vatican.
Anon

New York, NY

#58415 Feb 19, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>You do not like to hear the truth what Pope Francis is asking. You are jealous since you cannot depart from your earthly possessions which captivated your imagination and your whole being. Buy a small car!
I will - right after YOU get rid of YOUR earthly possessions and give up your computer!
completely nuts

Lancaster, NY

#58416 Feb 19, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>You do not like to hear the truth what Pope Francis is asking. You are jealous since you cannot depart from your earthly possessions which captivated your imagination and your whole being. Buy a small car!
Who cares. This is all you keep repeating. The pope says---the bishop says the pope says-- the bishop says blah blah blah. At the end of the day the pope and bishop put their pants on the same way the rest of the world does.Get over your nonsense and go find another forum to bore.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58417 Feb 19, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>From a gossiping fool like you thats why.
That is not gossip, you fool! It is real that some priests have condos, summer houses, and apartments. Most people cannot afford that! Get your brain straight! Be honest!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) Aug 4 billion dollar claim 6
News CODCO's Greg Malone to be recognized by ACTRA (Sep '15) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
News Letter: Most-used libraries among those slated ... May '16 wabush-mines-clos... 1
News Grant Tapper: charged with sexually assaulting ... (Aug '08) May '16 Sinja 65
News Trudeau government to kick off new pipeline rev... May '16 CBC GEY NEWS at 11 1
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) May '16 sad 2
KHAN KAGE KHAT FIGHT - PC Leadership on PPV ! May '16 KHAN Senate Hosers 2
More from around the web