Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.
Comments
56,461 - 56,480 of 58,641 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58226 Feb 7, 2014
Whycertainly wrote:
<quoted text>Look in the mirror.
Does he live in a palazzo?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58227 Feb 7, 2014
Whycertainly wrote:
<quoted text>Look in the mirror.
Bring me one!
Whycertainly

Lancaster, NY

#58228 Feb 7, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Does he live in a palazzo?
The truth is in the mirror.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58229 Feb 8, 2014
Whycertainly wrote:
<quoted text>The truth is in the mirror.
How many mirrors do you have in your palazzo?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58230 Feb 8, 2014
Pope Francis is asking all priests to sell teir summer huts, villa, condos, speedboat, etc., and give money to the poor. Do it now! Show your example now!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58231 Feb 8, 2014
Bishop is not going to budge concerning the schools as requested by certain disobedient priests in the Diocese.
Mary of Magdala

Buffalo, NY

#58232 Feb 8, 2014
pants on fire wrote:
<quoted text>
You DRANK THE KOOL AID! A number of schools kept open cannot hold 500 students (cf. St. John Vianney, CKS Snyder etc.)
There was a "Rubric", guidelines, about science labs, computer technology, cafeterias, green space, art and music. Schools that met all the rubrics (cf. St. Bernadette etc.) were closed, schools that did not were left open.
Look at enrollment trends: School with tremendous drops (Nativity of our Lord, 40% over the last few years) were kept open. St. Francis Tonawanda -- increase in enrollment and truly "serving the poor" closed.
The STAR of the Diocese, Notre Dame South Buffalo-- received $825,000 from the Diocese! Our Lady of the Sacred Heart about $4,000. St. Bernadette -- NOT A CENT.
And where has the money given to Notre Dame gone? Drive by and see the light show! How much did the sinage, image of Mary and ND Leperacaun (sp.) Cost? IT TOOK OVER A WEEK TO INSTALL! What about ND's PAID SEGMENT on WNY Living on Ch 2 last week.
Labor's not cheap -- but since the Bishop is ANTI-UNION they probably got a deal.
The process was tainted. Rich benefactors and political operatives and paid spokespeople influenced the whole process.
Sister Carol is a old coot who has no idea what is going on. Dr. Kostyniak is an IT person with no real background in education. Does Timmel have hear tor soul?
Notre Dame has begun a $100,000 Capital Campaign. For what? MORE LIGHTS? MORE SIGNAGE? MORE TV COMMERCIALS!
When will we ever get a Bishop without the elitist attitude of NYC or Boston? GIVE US A SHEPHERD! Give us the TRUTH!!!
Your bitterness is showing. Notre Dame is the only Catholic School in South Buffalo. There was much pain associated with that. Many schools closed. It was far from easy to watch the neighborhood school where your children attended close. The parents and the diocese knew that what was most important was a top shelf education, not the building or the location..I know parents whose children attend Notre Dame. They are very happy and their children are receiving a good education. Their capital fund, TV commercials, and their "signage" are none of your business. Perhaps if your communities came together, you could accomplish the same thing. I am sure if you asked politely, they would be glad to offer advice.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58233 Feb 8, 2014
The beautiful mirrors are available at the Versailles Mirror Room. Go there and look at yourself!
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#58234 Feb 8, 2014
Service wrote:
Pope Francis is asking all priests to sell teir summer huts, villa, condos, speedboat, etc., and give money to the poor. Do it now! Show your example now!
He also said that power, luxury and money have become idols. This has been the churches creed for centuries.Power ,luxury and money but not necessarily in that order.Good rules for the church but not for you.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#58235 Feb 8, 2014
the x priest from Corpus Christi is selling Ford cars at the car show downtown.
He still looks great, and can talk anybody into anything!
He know how to get what he wants.
Transparency

New York, NY

#58236 Feb 8, 2014
Mary of Magdala wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bitterness is showing. Notre Dame is the only Catholic School in South Buffalo. There was much pain associated with that. Many schools closed. It was far from easy to watch the neighborhood school where your children attended close. The parents and the diocese knew that what was most important was a top shelf education, not the building or the location..I know parents whose children attend Notre Dame. They are very happy and their children are receiving a good education. Their capital fund, TV commercials, and their "signage" are none of your business. Perhaps if your communities came together, you could accomplish the same thing. I am sure if you asked politely, they would be glad to offer advice.
What is very questionable is how they've kept some schools open that are in need of modernization, repair and or downright require add ons in order to absorb all the school children whose schools were closed. When the schools that were closed had buildings that were already modern, had plenty of room,technologically up to date and wheelchair accessible already. Basically what you're saying is if we (whoever is connected to the closed schools) "ask politely" for advice we'll not only get some, but $850,000.00 or more like NDA from the DOB, so that we could build what we already had in the school buildings that should have been kept open or merged? Thanks for pointing this out to me. Sometimes you just have to slap my head until I'm unconscious before I get it!!!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58237 Feb 9, 2014
anonymous wrote:
Even making babies! He knows how to do it despite the fact that he was dressed before in his 'white skirt' as Pauline Father.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#58241 Feb 9, 2014
Ultimately, Malone will win out over the disgruntled parishioners of St. Ann's
Anonymous

United States

#58242 Feb 9, 2014
MsgrBadski wrote:
Did you talk to the Vatican?
Emslie

Buffalo, NY

#58243 Feb 9, 2014
You must not be a real Monsignor, or even a priest, if you don't want people to hold Mass in their church.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58244 Feb 9, 2014
Kingsgate Neighbor wrote:
Deecived parishioners of Ascension Parish (Batavia) don't look for spiritual ministry this week from your pastor Rev. David Glassmire. He treated his gay "boy toy" to a Valentines gay cruise of "Fun and Sun", on the expense of parishioners?
Sorry faithful of Batavia, Fr. Dave is on a gay cruise all this week, another week of an empty parish ministry in Batavia. And you were wondering why Fr. David Glassmire is never in Batavia and when he does come to Batavia why he rushes back to his luxerious "Pad" in Amherst? To spend time with his special gay "boy toy". Fr. Dave is preoccupied with someone special!! Thats when he's not dining him or vacationing this younger boy on parshoners expenses?
How do you know all this?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58245 Feb 9, 2014
MsgrBadski wrote:
St. Ann's church should remain closed.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#58246 Feb 9, 2014
anonymous wrote:
I think selling CARS is the perfect career for the slick-talking Mr. Chalupka. Not too much of a demand for snake-oil these days. And he certainly sold a bill of goods to the 1000+ people who attended his farewell Mass. Let's see now, if each of them were to buy a car from him ....hmmmm.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#58247 Feb 9, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you talk to the Vatican?
No, but in almost cases, where this situation has come up, the Vatican has finally ruled in favor of the bishop. there may have been one or two exceptions. Rebuilding St. Ann's and then maintaining-- a total waste of money. Keep a few schools open. Donate to Stt. Luke's
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#58248 Feb 9, 2014
Where are Art Smith and Dave Gallivan?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to move on from feud with Harper and MacKa... Aug 14 Mac 1
Reiko Okamoto Organ Concert, August 14, 2014, 7... Aug 14 Switches 8
Harper marks 100th anniversary of WWI Aug 4 Donald 1
ATV park takes riders through forgotten coal mi... (Oct '10) Jul '14 fandango 30
What's happening in Halton Hills on Canada Day Jul '14 2 killed in crash 2
Cell tower badly needed: Rogers Jul '14 Response to Rogers 3
who got the homes on farm Gulliver Jun '14 man from out town 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

St. John's People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••