Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62672 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58172 Feb 2, 2014
completely nuts wrote:
<quoted text>Does the pope need to live in such oppulent surroundings regardless of what he does and does.nt own.?
you are full of 'hot air.'
little mermaid

Buffalo, NY

#58173 Feb 2, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Every priest should support its Bishop, and not to do anything that will give a wrong message to the people that some priests are against him, and siding with the people.
Service I so, so disagree. When he called a meeting of the priest after Fr. Joe's death and ordered them not to talk. That is wrong because he is hiding the truth about the manner in which Fr. Joe died. Enough of secrets for once. Obedience is one thing but tampering with the truth is another. How are our parishioners suppose to follow what we preach if we are the ones doing the wrong! Let Fr. Joe be proud of us and let his death not be in vain. All of his fellow priest should come to his aide but do it in a manner that is not disrespectful to our Bishop.
Anonymous

United States

#58174 Feb 2, 2014
three amigos wrote:
<quoted text> Unfortunately, I see some new assignments coming for anyone who publicly chooses to disagree with the Bishop. That's just my prediction. However, I am but a mere parishioner and not "in the know........"
Who said the bishop does not listen ?!
completely nuts

Lancaster, NY

#58175 Feb 2, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>you are full of 'hot air.'
And you my boy are a coward. Afraid to speak the truth.Religion is no longer based on silence and obedience.People are free to have their own thoughts and beliefs. You can preach the bs of the church hierarchy, but in the end you have to answer to the Lord, not the pope or bishop.
Anonymous

United States

#58176 Feb 3, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Who are the frequent visitors to these'pilgrimage places' in Toronto?
Ask Punxsutawney Phil
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58177 Feb 3, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask Punxsutawney Phil
Really? Are you kidding? You should know that well!
Ann

Buffalo, NY

#58178 Feb 3, 2014
St Ann Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Congregation for the Clergy just promulgated its support for the people of St. Ann's, nullifying the local bishop's reduction of that beautiful church to profane status. Whom should the local priests support? The Congregation of the Clergy, or the local bishop??
Why does there have to be a choice? This Bishop is just rubberstamping decisions that were not not made by him. That alone should bother him and make him wonder.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58179 Feb 3, 2014
Is Fr. Gary Kibler rebelling against the Bishop to clos 'his' school? Is he the fourth amigos of the rebellious priests against the Bishop?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58180 Feb 3, 2014
Ann wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does there have to be a choice? This Bishop is just rubberstamping decisions that were not not made by him. That alone should bother him and make him wonder.
Are you ready and willing to pay all the bills for renovation and heating for another 100 years or more? Get the money now!
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#58181 Feb 3, 2014
three amigos wrote:
<quoted text> Unfortunately, I see some new assignments coming for anyone who publicly chooses to disagree with the Bishop. That's just my prediction. However, I am but a mere parishioner and not "in the know........"
To disagree is not the same as disobey. Pastor has a duty to disagree when necessary for the good of the soul of his sheep. The Bishop is everybody's shepherd. The pastors should not be afraid of their shepherd. What is this church coming to !!
Hypochristian

Buffalo, NY

#58182 Feb 3, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Are you ready and willing to pay all the bills for renovation and heating for another 100 years or more? Get the money now!
Are you not the one howling about the poor? What better way to help the poor but to provide a good education for their children in poor schools in poor parishes? Your Robin Hood style of stealing from the rich to give to the poor has never worked because nobody needs a one time only handout.
Hypochristian

Buffalo, NY

#58183 Feb 3, 2014
completely nuts wrote:
<quoted text>The sell off of the Vatican and it's artifacts will help many more poor than the sale of few huts.You have it A$$ backwards..
You are the perfect example of people who needed to go to better schools so they could learn how to think. With brains like yours, it's surprising that we are not all in the poor house.

Why don't you start with yourself instead of telling everybody else what to do with their property. Don't you have anything to sell that you don't need?
annon

Niagara Falls, NY

#58184 Feb 3, 2014
Service wrote:
Is Fr. Gary Kibler rebelling against the Bishop to clos 'his' school? Is he the fourth amigos of the rebellious priests against the Bishop?
yes he is they are going to appeal. It probably will not do any good because bishop will not change mind.
Mary of Magdala

Marilla, NY

#58185 Feb 3, 2014
If the school does not have at least 500 students, it is not feasible to keep it. Period. If your Church is not supporting itself, it is not feasible to keep it. Period. That is the bottom line. It has nothing to do with the Bishop, the Pope, The Church, or anything else you can think of. Fill it and you can keep it. Simple!
one exception

New York, NY

#58186 Feb 3, 2014
Mary of Magdala wrote:
If the school does not have at least 500 students, it is not feasible to keep it. Period. If your Church is not supporting itself, it is not feasible to keep it. Period. That is the bottom line. It has nothing to do with the Bishop, the Pope, The Church, or anything else you can think of. Fill it and you can keep it. Simple!
I know of one school in O.P. that has been kept open. It only has the physical capacity for about 250 students total. They are turning lots of those kids from closing schools away. In order to house 500 or even 400 students (diocesan requirement to stay open) they will need to build a new classroom building or physically extend the existing one . At the expense of the diocese or the parish? What they should have done was merged this school with neighboring schools into one of the school buildings that could handle it. If their are reasons to support what they are doing then why keep people in the dark? Makes no sense, PERIOD!!!!
Harry of Magdela

Lancaster, NY

#58187 Feb 3, 2014
Mary of Magdala wrote:
Now now Mary. You know very well that's not completely true. Exceptions are made depending on ones financial stature toward the DOB.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58188 Feb 3, 2014
Pope Francis is reminding all priests to sell their private properties ad give to the poor. No more Lexus, Lincoln, lake summer villas and huts, hiding places, speedboats etc.! Poverty in action! Not only the words from the pulpit!
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#58189 Feb 4, 2014
Story to watch today, The former chancellor of the New Hampshire diocese has agreed to plead guilty of charges of embezzlement of diocesan institutions, priest's estate, and the St. Luke Institute in Washington, DC, which is center for priest with psychological problems. The priest will spend 4 years in prison
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#58190 Feb 4, 2014
Malone and his motorcycle? Copy cat of Francs I?
completely nuts

Lancaster, NY

#58191 Feb 4, 2014
Service wrote:
Pope Francis is reminding all priests to sell their private properties ad give to the poor. No more Lexus, Lincoln, lake summer villas and huts, hiding places, speedboats etc.! Poverty in action! Not only the words from the pulpit!
Why dont you start your vow of poverty by giving up your computer and internet service provider.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Toronto ranked 10th best city for women in Cana... Nov 4 Love Machine 3
News Newfoundland to allow switch to gender-neutral ... Sep '17 Capt Craig 1
News DeJaynes ~ Jenssen (Jun '13) Sep '17 FindItDennis 5
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) Aug '17 organic eh 4
News St. John's volunteer, activist Susan Shriner pa... Jul '17 Donna Barrett 1
News Woodland council to talk about a sanctuary city... Jul '17 spytheweb 2
News The meaning of reconciliation: 'We're not anywh... Jul '17 Marked BonerCowSki 3
More from around the web