Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61250 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

little mermaid

Buffalo, NY

#58132 Jan 31, 2014
ROFJM wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING HERE? I REALLY WANT TO KNOW.
No one is getting to the truth of Fr. Joe's death. Anyone who knew him, really knew him, knows he would not take his own life. It is hog wash that he was depressed about not being named pastor. He knew that Butch Mazur was there for only a year because they were going to close St. Lawrence. If they kept Fr. Joe there it would never close. I know for a fact he wrote Bishop Malone the night before his death asking if he could stay at St. Anthony's instead of going to Orchard Park. He was planning on doing hospital ministry full time and waiting to be chaplain for the V.A. hospital. It was just the matter of the budget and his info. was updated with the Veterans Hospital about when he could start, his salary. This is what he was really looking forward to. Do you want more information?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#58133 Jan 31, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody into the pool!
Marco.....Polo......Marco..... Polo.......
little mermaid

Buffalo, NY

#58134 Jan 31, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Marco.....Polo......Marco..... Polo.......
Funny, lets talk about something else.
ROFJM

Atlanta, GA

#58135 Jan 31, 2014
How does a Man who was buying lottery tickets between 2:00-3:00 kill himself which a friend saw him doing THAT VERY DAY as Fthr Moreno was seen laughing and joking right 2:00 to 2:30 PM? What, Are you implying he was so depressed because he lost? Give me a break...So anyone know what happened did he really commit suicide? No Way? Right? I mean he was such a nice person!?!?!?!?
little mermaid

Buffalo, NY

#58136 Jan 31, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Pope - Do you know this for certain? The accusation that you're making, of priests stealing from the collection, is quite serious. It's a crime and is punishable by law.
If you know this to be truth, do the right thing and name the names of these priests.
If not, keep your pie hole shut and stop making false accusations!
I agree. If there are priest stealing from the collection and elsewhere then name the names. They should be held accountable instead of the DOB covering up for yet something else. You and I would be in jail for stealing.
Anonymous

United States

#58137 Jan 31, 2014
ROFJM wrote:
How does a Man who was buying lottery tickets between 2:00-3:00 kill himself which a friend saw him doing THAT VERY DAY as Fthr Moreno was seen laughing and joking right 2:00 to 2:30 PM? What, Are you implying he was so depressed because he lost? Give me a break...So anyone know what happened did he really commit suicide? No Way? Right? I mean he was such a nice person!?!?!?!?
What’s the story about the old gun?
And why did David arrive at the scene before the police?
Ask the deacon.
little mermaid

Buffalo, NY

#58138 Jan 31, 2014
ROFJM wrote:
NO ROFJM, A friend of mine saw Fr. Joe buying the lottery tickets for the following Sunday. He was not depressed. He was mad and upset that St. Lawrence was going to close. Why buy lottery tickets for the next day and then go kill yourself? I also heard some other interesting facts. Things do not add up.
little mermaid

Buffalo, NY

#58139 Jan 31, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
What’s the story about the old gun?
And why did David arrive at the scene before the police?
Ask the deacon.
there is the possibility of 3 guns. Fr. Joe told me that during a confession, someone confessed to a murder and handed the gun to him. This was during the summer. Second, Fr. Joe got a gun after he was stabbed at the rectory but his cleaning lady said it was missing a couple of weeks before his death. His father said Fr. Joe's gun was a 357, not the one at the scene. Ask the deacon what? Did David bring that gun? Was he hiding the fact it was murder? How could David get there so fast? Fr. Joe was suppose to be at 3:00 mass at St. Francis where he was chaplain, and also made an appointment to meet someone there before mass. Very interesting David, what are you hiding?
little mermaid

Buffalo, NY

#58140 Jan 31, 2014
This goes back to post that A Good Son Wrote that said Fr. Porpiglia convinced the family to have Bishop Grosz say the funeral mass. That is so far from the truth. It was Fr. Joe's sister and niece who insisted that Bishop Grosz say the mass. They did not want Malone or Lipuma anywhere near the church. Fr. Porpiglia was trying to convince them to have Malone say the mass. Is that why he is no longer at his rich parish but is at St. Mary's where Fr. Joe was doing mass for the last 8 years? Truth from fiction!
little mermaid

Buffalo, NY

#58141 Jan 31, 2014
ROFJM wrote:
FYI, I THINK YOUR TALKING JUST TO TALK. I THINK YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT OR WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT "SPECIAL PRIVACY". YOU RUN YOUR MOUTH A LOT FOR NOT HAVING ANY FACTS. TALK IN CIRCLES AND HAVE NO IOTA OF WHAT YOU ARE IMPLYING. YOU CREATE "BAD FAITH" BY DOING SO. WHAT ABOUT ANSWERS INSTEAD OF STATING THAT PRIESTS SHOULD NOT HAVE HOUSES AND PRIVACY. IF YOU DO ABOUT FATHER JOE MORENO OR PRIESTS IN GENERAL THEN JUST SIMPLY SAY YOU DON'T. YOU TALK ABOUT FATHER JOE MORENO AS IF YOU KNOW HIM OH REALLY? WHAT DO YOU KNOW?
They know nothing!
FYI

Lancaster, NY

#58142 Jan 31, 2014
ROFJM wrote:
FYI I THINK YOUR TALKING JUST TO TALK. I THINK YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT OR WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT SPECIAL PRIVACY. YOU RUN YOUR MOUTH A LOT FOR NOT HAVING ANY FACTS. TALK IN CIRCLES AND HAVE NO IOTA OF WHAT YOU ARE IMPLYING. YOU CREATE BAD FAITH BY DOING SO. WHAT ABOUT HAD ANSWERS INSTEAD OF STATING THAT PRIESTS SHOULD NOT HAVE HOUSES AND PRIVACY. IF YOU DO NOT PRIEST THEN JUST SIMPLY SAY. YOU TALK ABOUT FATHER JOE MORENO AS IF YOU KNOW HIM
Hi rofjm.You surely know about the storage POD..
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58143 Feb 1, 2014
Pope Francis continues to ask priests to sell their private summer places by the lakes and way from the lakes, and elsewhere,, and give to the poor.When is this going to happen? What about Lexus Lincoln, etc.?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#58144 Feb 1, 2014
Service wrote:
Pope Francis continues to ask priests to sell their private summer places by the lakes and way from the lakes, and elsewhere,, and give to the poor.When is this going to happen? What about Lexus Lincoln, etc.?
Maybe if you became friends, you would get invited to the hut by the lake!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58145 Feb 1, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you became friends, you would get invited to the hut by the lake!
Only 'special friends' are invited to the huts by the lakes by these rich priests that barely hatched out from their shells. Pope Francis is asking them to sell their lush properties and give to the poor!
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#58146 Feb 1, 2014
Service wrote:
The Bishop is doing a great job. He should have closed 20 schools to stabilize the finances of those parishes.The Buffalo News gave a very good overview about the schools. Number of students in some schools in the last few years dropped dramatically. What does it say to you. Even public schools have problems with number of students.
It's stabilizing finances more important than educating our children in the Catholic Faith? The dioceses is rich, millions of$ for Catholic charities, 10's of thousands for the Bishop to live in luxury and party with the rich, fancy vacations and the rest, while regular folk Catholics languish with poor catechesis, closed parishes, and now fewer Catholic schools to feed Catholic high schools which translates into fewer adults belonging to parishes, attending Mass and giving supporting to those parishes. Even if the Bishop or priests could care less about the people who's going to support their lavish life styles? Can they count on their rich friends when all the churches are closed? Oh I get it, the plan is to keep only the rich parishes open and only the rich to attend! Total opposition to what the Holy Father is asking for. Nice going Shepards 17of our souls!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58147 Feb 1, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
It's stabilizing finances more important than educating our children in the Catholic Faith? The dioceses is rich, millions of$ for Catholic charities, 10's of thousands for the Bishop to live in luxury and party with the rich, fancy vacations and the rest, while regular folk Catholics languish with poor catechesis, closed parishes, and now fewer Catholic schools to feed Catholic high schools which translates into fewer adults belonging to parishes, attending Mass and giving supporting to those parishes. Even if the Bishop or priests could care less about the people who's going to support their lavish life styles? Can they count on their rich friends when all the churches are closed? Oh I get it, the plan is to keep only the rich parishes open and only the rich to attend! Total opposition to what the Holy Father is asking for. Nice going Shepards 17of our souls!
more schools will close in the future as well as some parishes which are not financially sustainable. Semiempty parishes are found in Buffalo, Batavia, Niagara Falls, etc. Those parishioners from semiempty churches on weekends can go to the neighbouring parishes. Combine the parishes and stop heating quasiempty buildings!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#58148 Feb 1, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
They lack nothing. Only the best for them! No regard for the people
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#58149 Feb 1, 2014
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>And they are working very hard and long hours to sustaintheir parish.
Bull pucky
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#58150 Feb 1, 2014
anon wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ordered flowers recently? If you have, you would know that they are incredibly expensive. I don't believe a priest could pocket money meant for flowers. It's more likely that the flower collection ran short and they had to contribute to it to pay the bill.

They bill the flowers to the parish. Who knows where the flower$ goes. Maybe the same as the mother's day and Fathers day funds go
Anonymous

Ghent, NY

#58151 Feb 1, 2014
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>Hi rofjm.You surely know about the storage POD..
You mean the one that certain people took what they wanted from it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) Aug 4 billion dollar claim 6
News CODCO's Greg Malone to be recognized by ACTRA (Sep '15) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
News Letter: Most-used libraries among those slated ... May '16 wabush-mines-clos... 1
News Grant Tapper: charged with sexually assaulting ... (Aug '08) May '16 Sinja 65
News Trudeau government to kick off new pipeline rev... May '16 CBC GEY NEWS at 11 1
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) May '16 sad 2
KHAN KAGE KHAT FIGHT - PC Leadership on PPV ! May '16 KHAN Senate Hosers 2
More from around the web