Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62516 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Closings

Niagara Falls, NY

#57846 Jan 6, 2014
According to The Buffalo News St. Peter's School in Lewiston has only 98 students enrolled 2012-2013. Is that a viable school?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57847 Jan 6, 2014
Closings wrote:
According to The Buffalo News St. Peter's School in Lewiston has only 98 students enrolled 2012-2013. Is that a viable school?
They should merge with Niagara Catholic Academy .(Prince of Peace site).
Guido

Lancaster, NY

#57848 Jan 6, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I have numerous straight friends who go to gay bars.
Wake up please!
WHYwould they go?????????? That's nuts.
Discreet Pete

Lancaster, NY

#57849 Jan 6, 2014
Guido wrote:
<quoted text>WHYwould they go?????????? That's nuts.
Because they like sausage.Not to hard to figure out.Com e on people.
anon

New York, NY

#57850 Jan 8, 2014
Where's the money?
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57851 Jan 10, 2014
Do Ron Lord (erstwhile Monsignor) and John Radice think they are precursors of Pope Francis. I guess Ron can keep his title as Msgr, even as a pastor in United Church of Christ.
Buffalo - NY

Arcade, NY

#57852 Jan 10, 2014
When will they announce the new pastor at St. Greg's. Any word, ideas who?
Mary of Magdala

Marilla, NY

#57853 Jan 10, 2014
Catholic Elementary School Plan to be announce next week.
Mary of Magdala

Marilla, NY

#57854 Jan 10, 2014
announced (sp)
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#57855 Jan 10, 2014
Buffalo - NY wrote:
When will they announce the new pastor at St. Greg's. Any word, ideas who?
most likely will be another arrogant money hungry egotistical bureaucrat with his nose firmly implanted in the bishops gluteus Maximus
Surprise

Niagara Falls, NY

#57858 Jan 11, 2014
Amherst Annie wrote:
Yes, more church and school closings now? All while priests spend parish money owning their private homes and having fun! Family visiting discovered my neighbor , their pastor (Father David Glassmire, Ascension Parish, Batavia, described in this blog as "Same Sex Leaning") living in our plush Amherst neigborhood. Why do parish funds support the rectory as well as his private pad in Amherst? Neighbors see boys frequneting his residence regularly and we didnt know that was the home of a Catholic priest. Is this why schools and parishes are closing due to lack of funds? Another "bad" priest? Hopefully not, the DOB cannot afford more legal expenses all while churches and scholls close!
Is Glassmire the only 'bad' priest on these blogs?
Surprise

Niagara Falls, NY

#57859 Jan 11, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>most likely will be another arrogant money hungry egotistical bureaucrat with his nose firmly implanted in the bishops gluteus Maximus
This is not true, sir!
Surprise

Niagara Falls, NY

#57860 Jan 11, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>and the Toronto bathhouses. Let's not forget the Toronto bathhouses
This is a common knowledge for all wellinformed individuals in the priestly cast.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57861 Jan 11, 2014
Poverty wrote:
<quoted text>Pope Francis is asking all priests to live a life of poverty. They should sell their apartments, cottages, and houses, and give to the poor.Are they going to follow the Pope's advise? Stop going to Disneyland, and other expensive places in the country.
Don't forget the "pilgrimages" a couple times a year (translation: FREE vacation).
Anon

Utica, NY

#57862 Jan 12, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the "pilgrimages" a couple times a year (translation: FREE vacation).
What bothers me most is they have time to go on pilgrimages. And then claim they have no time to say masses or minister to the elderly. There are nursing homes that need priests to say mass a few times a week. A few less pilgrimages and a few more priests doing their ministry would be helpful.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#57863 Jan 12, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>What bothers me most is they have time to go on pilgrimages. And then claim they have no time to say masses or minister to the elderly. There are nursing homes that need priests to say mass a few times a week. A few less pilgrimages and a few more priests doing their ministry would be helpful.
Some priests are interested only in their own personal life, and have no time for parish ministry. They are too busy with their 'divine work'.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#57864 Jan 12, 2014
Amherst Annie wrote:
Yes, more church and school closings now? All while priests spend parish money owning their private homes and having fun! Family visiting discovered my neighbor , their pastor (Father David Glassmire, Ascension Parish, Batavia, described in this blog as "Same Sex Leaning") living in our plush Amherst neigborhood. Why do parish funds support the rectory as well as his private pad in Amherst? Neighbors see boys frequneting his residence regularly and we didnt know that was the home of a Catholic priest. Is this why schools and parishes are closing due to lack of funds? Another "bad" priest? Hopefully not, the DOB cannot afford more legal expenses all while churches and scholls close!
Did he 'service' the boys according to their desires and wishes?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#57865 Jan 12, 2014
Pope Francis named 16 new cardinals and 3 emeriti cardinals.Anyone of Buffalo?
someone

Buffalo, NY

#57866 Jan 12, 2014
I would live to sit and debate with everyone how has ever posted on this blog which is filled with lies and hatred.
Anonymous

United States

#57867 Jan 12, 2014
Service wrote:
Pope Francis named 16 new cardinals and 3 emeriti cardinals.Anyone of Buffalo?
There are no cardinals in Buffalo. Only blue jays and peacocks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeJaynes ~ Jenssen (Jun '13) Sep 9 FindItDennis 5
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) Aug '17 organic eh 4
News St. John's volunteer, activist Susan Shriner pa... Jul '17 Donna Barrett 1
News Woodland council to talk about a sanctuary city... Jul '17 spytheweb 2
News The meaning of reconciliation: 'We're not anywh... Jul '17 Marked BonerCowSki 3
News As a Newfoundlander born in 1952, I learned a g... Jul '17 Shoe Polish Sheldon 3
News Activist vying for non-binary birth certificate... Jun '17 TerriB1 1
More from around the web