Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61685 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Mary of Magdala

Marilla, NY

#57826 Dec 28, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
If Gatto is taking over at SJV/CTK, it doesn't look like the DOB is going to close it.
There was no reason for those nasty icons. He may have forgotten. Yes, he is taking over. I have been trying to tell you, they do a lot of other things out there beside educating seminarians, which is probably a minuscule part of the operation.
Curiosity

Niagara Falls, NY

#57827 Dec 29, 2013
puma puma wrote:
Nice that Lipuma is in Lewiston. He's been seen in the adult bookstores in Niagara Falls. A short drive now ro him.
Which adult bookstore did he visit?
Curiosity

Niagara Falls, NY

#57828 Dec 29, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
If Gatto is taking over at SJV/CTK, it doesn't look like the DOB is going to close it.
There will be no closing at this time of CKS!
Curiosity

Niagara Falls, NY

#57829 Dec 29, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>probably another homosexual priest
What are you trying to say? Be more specific!
Curiosity

Niagara Falls, NY

#57830 Dec 29, 2013
Mary of Magdala wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no reason for those nasty icons. He may have forgotten. Yes, he is taking over. I have been trying to tell you, they do a lot of other things out there beside educating seminarians, which is probably a minuscule part of the operation.
What else do they do in the Seminary? Explanation please!
Curiosity

Niagara Falls, NY

#57831 Dec 29, 2013
Which priests are frequenting gay bars in Buffalo?Anyone from Cheektowaga and Niagara Falls?
anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#57832 Dec 29, 2013
Curiosity wrote:
Which priests are frequenting gay bars in Buffalo?Anyone from Cheektowaga and Niagara Falls?
just rumors,that is why nobody answers you...
Anonymous

United States

#57833 Dec 29, 2013
According to a recent 1,500-page Pentagon report about 500 men and women are sexually abused each week in the military. What happens to their “predators”? Must read:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2013/05/15...
South Buff

Buffalo, NY

#57834 Dec 29, 2013
Curiosity wrote:
Who cares.....
South Buff

Buffalo, NY

#57835 Dec 29, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Really?
That's what you think!!!...
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57836 Dec 29, 2013
Curiosity wrote:
I have numerous straight friends who go to gay bars.
Wake up please!
Obligation

Albany, NY

#57837 Dec 30, 2013
Parish websites and billboards do a great job of advertising their new years eve concerts and parties, but you have to pull teeth in order to get their Mass times for the Holy Day of obligation this Tues/Wed.

Maybe that's why attendance is so low. Cmon, guys.
Rumors

Niagara Falls, NY

#57838 Dec 31, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>just rumors,that is why nobody answers you...
you must be kidding! some priests do visit the gay bars in Buffalo.
Rumors

Niagara Falls, NY

#57839 Dec 31, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I have numerous straight friends who go to gay bars.
Wake up please!
Really? What are they looking for?
Anon

Liverpool, NY

#57840 Dec 31, 2013
Rumors wrote:
<quoted text>you must be kidding! some priests do visit the gay bars in Buffalo.
and the Toronto bathhouses. Let's not forget the Toronto bathhouses
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57841 Dec 31, 2013
Rumors wrote:
<quoted text>Really? What are they looking for?
My friends are not looking for anything at the gay bars except a good time with good friends.
What are you looking for?
Strange question! Wake up this the 21st century.
anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#57842 Jan 3, 2014
Good Time ? I'm sure.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57843 Jan 4, 2014
New Pastor at Holy Cross. were is Dave Gallivan headed? St Gregory's in East Amherst He can handle it.
Mary of Magdala

Marilla, NY

#57844 Jan 5, 2014
MsgrBadski wrote:
New Pastor at Holy Cross. were is Dave Gallivan headed? St Gregory's in East Amherst He can handle it.
He did a great job at Holy Cross. He is a really good man. Maybe they want him to take it a little easier.
Closings

Niagara Falls, NY

#57845 Jan 6, 2014
How many Catholic schools will close this year?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Quebec and N.L.: Why peace won't come quickly b... Dec 4 Nfld got short st... 1
News Did Trudeau tip his hand on NAFTA? Not while Tr... Nov 19 JUSTIN TRUDEAU ERA 1
News Tar-covered ghost vessel from Canada hits Ireland Nov 15 McCafe 1
News Tar-covered ghost vessel from Canada hits Irela... Nov 15 McCafe 2
News Young Atlantic Canadians shouldn't have to leav... Nov 7 No Jobs No Cash eh 1
News NAC lands record $5M donation for unique fund t... Sep '16 Hosanna Deerchild... 2
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) Aug '16 billion dollar claim 6
More from around the web