Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 20 comments on the Oct 14, 2007, WGRZ Buffalo story titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#57803 Dec 21, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so cryptic! I am asking, with all due respect, what you mean? In terms of the others, what would one expect from an organization that has been more concerned with retaining power and control than doing the right thing. We could look at the new head of SJV/CTK (although why we can't call it the sem is beyond my understanding) Here is a person who was quite instrumental in its demise some years ago and his reward is to make him the rector? or whatever it is called. I will not be answering the post above yours because it is of no consequence. What is done, is done. Many good young men were removed because they could not be celibate. To be left with homosexuals should come as no surprised to anyone nor should it matter.
Mary, I agree with what you are saying.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#57804 Dec 21, 2013
I was deeply saddened by the death of Iozo, Cheektowaga, K-9 cop. My sympathy to his handler and family, and all those, he served so well.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57805 Dec 22, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know about Lewiston, but Corpus Christi is having major financial trouble.
Everybody should give to them even if it hurts their wallet. And I mean big time!
I bee kno trubble at da Corpus Kristi butt my gurl frend Freeda and Stella day be don to see dat Hanzelm whoo wast da preest at da sho by da Grinchee, da green guy dat be to the singeeng at da moosical by da Shays Dountoun lest knite. Day at to seee heem too tymes in the sho. Dis sho wast goot wiht goot sing allda song. Hanzelm sell it the goot kar Ford. goot sale of da kar bye heem. He is too be to cell all da kar der. Not da hooge kar like befor. He kno cell hooge kar,he cell da Ford kar.
puma puma

North Tonawanda, NY

#57807 Dec 23, 2013
Nice that Lipuma is in Lewiston. He's been seen in the adult bookstores in Niagara Falls. A short drive now ro him.
proof

Hamburg, NY

#57808 Dec 23, 2013
Can you prove that?
puma puma wrote:
Nice that Lipuma is in Lewiston. He's been seen in the adult bookstores in Niagara Falls. A short drive now ro him.
English

Hamburg, NY

#57809 Dec 23, 2013
If you cannot type in English -- shut up!
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I bee kno trubble at da Corpus Kristi butt my gurl frend Freeda and Stella day be don to see dat Hanzelm whoo wast da preest at da sho by da Grinchee, da green guy dat be to the singeeng at da moosical by da Shays Dountoun lest knite. Day at to seee heem too tymes in the sho. Dis sho wast goot wiht goot sing allda song. Hanzelm sell it the goot kar Ford. goot sale of da kar bye heem. He is too be to cell all da kar der. Not da hooge kar like befor. He kno cell hooge kar,he cell da Ford kar.
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#57810 Dec 23, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you mind explaining "false doctrine" and "weird" spirituality? There are many different forms of both. I wonder why you are focused on the Jesuits. What do you think goes on at CKS? Both of your vague examples point to one thing. Celibacy does not work. Maybe it is time to move past it as we all know the real reason for it and that reason is just plain selfish. It has nothing to do with Jesus.
There are some of us who are single and celibate until we find someone to marry. For me it's a health and emotional safety issue. A man knows the rules before he goes to seminary and "graduates". He can leave at any time instead of being confused. There are a lot of jobs out there where you can be of service to the church . The homosexual priests have an obligation to live in celibacy too. If they can't, they should get married.. It's legal in New York state now.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57811 Dec 23, 2013
English wrote:
If you cannot type in English -- shut up!
<quoted text>
U bee too shut up!
Mee I am tryng mine it best..dis english comm at too me ferry fast. I am to mien learnink fast.
Mary of Magdala

Buffalo, NY

#57812 Dec 23, 2013
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some of us who are single and celibate until we find someone to marry. For me it's a health and emotional safety issue. A man knows the rules before he goes to seminary and "graduates". He can leave at any time instead of being confused. There are a lot of jobs out there where you can be of service to the church . The homosexual priests have an obligation to live in celibacy too. If they can't, they should get married.. It's legal in New York state now.
I hear you and I appreciate your point of view. I simply do not agree that ones sexuality or lack of should dictate whether you would be a good priest. Celibacy is a false choice. The only reason it was instituted was so the "Church" could keep its treasure and property without sharing with spouses or children. In my opinion, it is unnatural. It is fake. It does not make the Church stronger. I apologize if that offends. By the way, Happy Holidays to all especially the good Msgr, and Barfly.
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#57813 Dec 24, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Is CKS infested with homosexual men? True, or false?
Oh let's face it seminaries are all big gay bathhouses. Wake up people.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#57814 Dec 24, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>

Actually, definite efforts are being made to cut back on the gay ethos in most seminaries. this has been said before. Msgr Zielinski of the Msgr Carr Institute said his one big concern was keeping homosexuals out of the priesthood. he surely failed there. Everyone remember the Blue Room at SJV/CTK and Remember the spiritual director, John Aurelio?(His name is on bishopaccountability, along with Spielman, Wood,etc.)
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#57815 Dec 24, 2013
If you ask around among Jesuits, seminarians have been asked to leave the Society for reasons, such "refusing to share" or "unwillingness to relate to others emotionally", but here is only one case known of a Jesuit seminarian being denied ordination because of homosexuality,(It might have been a guy from Jamestown, NY). Those asked to leave on specious emotional grounds are usually those more conservative in their theological and political views. N wonder the society of Jesus is in such bad shape.

“Dorata's worthless turd”

Since: Mar 09

Buffalo, NY

#57816 Dec 24, 2013
Mary of Magdala wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Holidays to all especially the good Msgr, and Barfly.
Jesus is the reason for this Season.

Thank you for your kind wishes.
Anonymous

Niagara Falls, NY

#57817 Dec 25, 2013
puma puma wrote:
Are you for real?
Anonymous

Niagara Falls, NY

#57818 Dec 25, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#57819 Dec 26, 2013
You know it
Buffalo NY

Buffalo, NY

#57820 Dec 26, 2013
Any word on who will replace Fr. Gatto as pastor of St. Gregory's in Williamsville?
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#57821 Dec 26, 2013
Buffalo NY wrote:
Any word on who will replace Fr. Gatto as pastor of St. Gregory's in Williamsville?
probably another homosexual priest
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57822 Dec 26, 2013
Mary of Magdala wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you and I appreciate your point of view. I simply do not agree that ones sexuality or lack of should dictate whether you would be a good priest. Celibacy is a false choice. The only reason it was instituted was so the "Church" could keep its treasure and property without sharing with spouses or children. In my opinion, it is unnatural. It is fake. It does not make the Church stronger. I apologize if that offends. By the way, Happy Holidays to all especially the good Msgr, and Barfly.
So what are you saying? If we don't like the rules we can break them? And who gets to decide. What would we need priests for anyway, I can read the Bible all by myself and interpret it anyway I want to all by myself. Sexuality should not dictate the quality of ones work no matter what they are doing.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57823 Dec 27, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>probably another homosexual priest
What difference does it make?
They can be just as good or just as bad as anyone.
That was a stupid comment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New surgeon joins hospital's team (Nov '08) Fri a look back 5
News Statistics Canada report says Quebec city of Sa... Apr 20 Watchers 1
News Tee it up for charity (May '08) Mar 29 some give no rece... 4
News Ken Dryden's futuristic classroom a cross-Canad... Mar 29 know and see 1
News Lung Cancer Smoke Screen (Jun '09) Mar '15 Schmones 33
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) Mar '15 rogers-wireless-b... 4
News Brighter, fresher space as St. John Ambulance o... Mar '15 John 1
More from around the web