Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62667 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anonymous

United States

#57784 Dec 17, 2013
Archbishop Nienstedt is out after being accused to touching the buttocks of a 13 year old boy at a group photo shooting after Confirmation in 2009. Why accusing after 4 years? Who is the mandated reporter? Pinching in front of crowd of parents and friends and nobody saw anything? I see the piranhas circling.
Mary of Magdela

Marilla, NY

#57785 Dec 17, 2013
Look, I am the first one to say that anyone who HURTS a child should rot in Hell. I have problems with the above post. These guys were not brought up right. They were sent to the sem too early. They are not pedophiles, they are 13 yr. olds. We need to fix the system not torture old men no matter how stupid and narcissistic they are. We made them. That is what the people wanted. Sucks to be wrong, doesn't it?
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57786 Dec 17, 2013
Nienstadt on his way out? Bishops who cover u for their priests often have something hidden in their own closets. I wonder if that's why McNulty, Head, Mansell and Kmiec and Cunningham were less than forthcoming on the clergy sex abuse issue n the Buffalo Diocese. Did some of the priest have the goods on the bishops?
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57787 Dec 17, 2013
Portland in Maine fnally getting its own bishop tomorrow?
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57788 Dec 18, 2013
Boston auxiliary, Deeley, named to succeed Malone, in Portland.
Psychotic People

Niagara Falls, NY

#57789 Dec 18, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Archbishop Nienstedt is out after being accused to touching the buttocks of a 13 year old boy at a group photo shooting after Confirmation in 2009. Why accusing after 4 years? Who is the mandated reporter? Pinching in front of crowd of parents and friends and nobody saw anything? I see the piranhas circling.
This is really crazy! How far will this go? People are psychotic and pathologically sick.Is that how Fr. Bialkowski was accused of?
Finacial Problems

Niagara Falls, NY

#57790 Dec 18, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
Boston auxiliary, Deeley, named to succeed Malone, in Portland.
This will give the local bishop mre time to focus on closing more churches which are not needed in Buffalo, Lackawanna, Dunkirk, Batavia, Niagara Falls, and other places.Good!
Finacial Problems

Niagara Falls, NY

#57791 Dec 18, 2013
Is St Peter in Lewiston having financial problems at this time as predicted by Fr. Zuffoletto when he was kicked out of that parish last summer?
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57793 Dec 18, 2013
Finacial Problems wrote:
Is St Peter in Lewiston having financial problems at this time as predicted by Fr. Zuffoletto when he was kicked out of that parish last summer?
Yes, "Zuffie" does deserve more credit than some people give him. Even when he was a seminarian, he displayed a lot of common sense, something rather "uncommon' at that time. The DOB should make better use of his talents.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57794 Dec 18, 2013
Finacial Problems wrote:
Will St. Peter's be merging with St. Bernard's in Youngstown?
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57795 Dec 18, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Will St. Peter's be merging with St. Bernard's in Youngstown?
Bound to happen ,sooner or later. Yhere is a problem in travel distance. Imagine LiPuma having to travel so many miles.
Anonymous

United States

#57796 Dec 18, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
This is happening in our noble and just America, not in Russia.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57797 Dec 18, 2013
Finacial Problems wrote:
I do not know about Lewiston, but Corpus Christi is having major financial trouble.
Everybody should give to them even if it hurts their wallet. And I mean big time!
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57798 Dec 19, 2013
Only 11 novices at the Jesuit novitiate in Syracuse, 11 2nd year and 5 1st year. The result of many years of false doctrine and "weird" spirituality. Besides, some of the leadership really had rather obvious psychological problems. One of the provincials was described by almost every one, as a "pathological liar" One novice master actually had a mistress and there were some indications of homosexuality, among the novices. Most Jesuits know these stories.
Mary of Magdela

Marilla, NY

#57799 Dec 21, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
Only 11 novices at the Jesuit novitiate in Syracuse, 11 2nd year and 5 1st year. The result of many years of false doctrine and "weird" spirituality. Besides, some of the leadership really had rather obvious psychological problems. One of the provincials was described by almost every one, as a "pathological liar" One novice master actually had a mistress and there were some indications of homosexuality, among the novices. Most Jesuits know these stories.
Would you mind explaining "false doctrine" and "weird" spirituality? There are many different forms of both. I wonder why you are focused on the Jesuits. What do you think goes on at CKS? Both of your vague examples point to one thing. Celibacy does not work. Maybe it is time to move past it as we all know the real reason for it and that reason is just plain selfish. It has nothing to do with Jesus.
Anonymous

Niagara Falls, NY

#57800 Dec 21, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you mind explaining "false doctrine" and "weird" spirituality? There are many different forms of both. I wonder why you are focused on the Jesuits. What do you think goes on at CKS? Both of your vague examples point to one thing. Celibacy does not work. Maybe it is time to move past it as we all know the real reason for it and that reason is just plain selfish. It has nothing to do with Jesus.
Is CKS infested with homosexual men? True, or false?
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57801 Dec 21, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Mary, you are right. Jesuits are not the only offenders. some of this stuff has gone on at SJV/CTK, but I have some hope that the situation has straightened itself out there. I have more contacts with Jesuits and a few es-Jesuits, than I do with other religious orders, and they frequently pass on info to me. Jesuits were once the Marine Corps of the Catholic. it is disappointing to see an organization, once so esteemed, sink so low.
Mary of Magdela

Marilla, NY

#57802 Dec 21, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, Mary, you are right. Jesuits are not the only offenders. some of this stuff has gone on at SJV/CTK, but I have some hope that the situation has straightened itself out there. I have more contacts with Jesuits and a few es-Jesuits, than I do with other religious orders, and they frequently pass on info to me. Jesuits were once the Marine Corps of the Catholic. it is disappointing to see an organization, once so esteemed, sink so low.
That is so cryptic! I am asking, with all due respect, what you mean? In terms of the others, what would one expect from an organization that has been more concerned with retaining power and control than doing the right thing. We could look at the new head of SJV/CTK (although why we can't call it the sem is beyond my understanding) Here is a person who was quite instrumental in its demise some years ago and his reward is to make him the rector? or whatever it is called. I will not be answering the post above yours because it is of no consequence. What is done, is done. Many good young men were removed because they could not be celibate. To be left with homosexuals should come as no surprised to anyone nor should it matter.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57803 Dec 21, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so cryptic! I am asking, with all due respect, what you mean? In terms of the others, what would one expect from an organization that has been more concerned with retaining power and control than doing the right thing. We could look at the new head of SJV/CTK (although why we can't call it the sem is beyond my understanding) Here is a person who was quite instrumental in its demise some years ago and his reward is to make him the rector? or whatever it is called. I will not be answering the post above yours because it is of no consequence. What is done, is done. Many good young men were removed because they could not be celibate. To be left with homosexuals should come as no surprised to anyone nor should it matter.
Mary, I agree with what you are saying.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57804 Dec 21, 2013
I was deeply saddened by the death of Iozo, Cheektowaga, K-9 cop. My sympathy to his handler and family, and all those, he served so well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Toronto ranked 10th best city for women in Cana... Nov 4 Love Machine 3
News Newfoundland to allow switch to gender-neutral ... Sep '17 Capt Craig 1
News DeJaynes ~ Jenssen (Jun '13) Sep '17 FindItDennis 5
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) Aug '17 organic eh 4
News St. John's volunteer, activist Susan Shriner pa... Jul '17 Donna Barrett 1
News Woodland council to talk about a sanctuary city... Jul '17 spytheweb 2
News The meaning of reconciliation: 'We're not anywh... Jul '17 Marked BonerCowSki 3
More from around the web