Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61065 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

graveyard

Buffalo, NY

#57697 Nov 27, 2013
Parishioner wrote:
<quoted text>But finally, you will end up in a grave like everybody else. Go, wherever you want and desire!
I am not afraid of the grave, that's why I'm Christian. I am only afraid of the people in charge of the diocese and obviously people like you. If you could have bought your way out of the grave by selling us out, you would have done it. Too bad for you God is just. Happy Thanksgiving.
FOR MONEY

Buffalo, NY

#57698 Nov 27, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
DOB does not consider "quality". Many fine "quality" churches were shut down during JF&G. DOB only considers " - how many in the pews and how much do they donate. Key word: DONATE!! Always comes down to MONEY.
Not Always True. Many decisions were arbitrary and some parishes were not given a chance... Even denied the opportunity to raise money. If it was about money only it would be better. Only morons would believe anything that comes out of 795 Main. Have the diocesan coffers improved since the last journey of faith? I would love to see the figures but they would be fabricated anyway.
Pilgrims

Buffalo, NY

#57699 Nov 27, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the pilgrimage to visit old churches which were not demolished?
This is the very best post yet. Also the best laugh of the day.

ANON

Buffalo, NY

#57700 Nov 27, 2013
Jane wrote:
Does the diocese care about anyone or anything? What are they doing? Closing down the most beautiful church in Niagara Falls - Holy Trinity? I thought in order for a church to remain independent there had to be a minimum of 500 families? St. Stanislaus has 250 families and is remaining independent? Even with the other churchesj in the cluster (Holy Trinity, Our Lady of Lebanon, Our Lady of the Rosary and St. George) will not total 500 because very, very few people have any intentions of going to St. Stan's. So how does a church with 250 people remain open and a church in Lockport with 1000 familes shut down? None of this makes any sense.
This is from 2007
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57701 Nov 27, 2013
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
This is from 2007
It didn't make any sense in 2007 and still makes no sense today. It all boiled down to what Reggie wanted. She ruled the roost and she had the last word.
Idea

Schenectady, NY

#57702 Nov 27, 2013
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
This is from 2007
If they get rid of the polish troublemaking churches that will be a big headache gone. Just look at the heartache they've caused. One of their priests was removed for attempted rape of an altar server. Another fled to Poland over a DUI charge and another knocked up a female. Close them down or get priests who aren't interested in anything but being a true priest.
Baloney

Buffalo, NY

#57703 Nov 27, 2013
Idea wrote:
<quoted text>
If they get rid of the polish troublemaking churches that will be a big headache gone. Just look at the heartache they've caused. One of their priests was removed for attempted rape of an altar server. Another fled to Poland over a DUI charge and another knocked up a female. Close them down or get priests who aren't interested in anything but being a true priest.
So they are gone as they should be. What's your point? There have been plenty of non polish priests in plenty of trouble much worse than any of this soap opera bologna. Is everyone you know perfect? That's why we have a church of forgiveness. Did you know that in some languages that word doesn't even exist. You should know what makes Catholics unique. Would you like me to list the praises and sins of all the priests in this diocese? Only the public ones of course.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57704 Nov 28, 2013
FOR MONEY wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Always True. Many decisions were arbitrary and some parishes were not given a chance... Even denied the opportunity to raise money. If it was about money only it would be better. Only morons would believe anything that comes out of 795 Main. Have the diocesan coffers improved since the last journey of faith? I would love to see the figures but they would be fabricated anyway.
Yes. consider the fate of Immaculate heart of Mary on Edison Street. It met all the stipulation of JF& G, yet was still closed. the parishioners really struggled to keep it open and look what happened. Now, many of them have just abandoned the church. a few struggle to get to St. Aloysius.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57705 Nov 28, 2013
Happy Thanksgiving !
Wardynski

Albany, NY

#57706 Nov 28, 2013
Baloney wrote:
<quoted text>
So they are gone as they should be. What's your point? There have been plenty of non polish priests in plenty of trouble much worse than any of this soap opera bologna. Is everyone you know perfect? That's why we have a church of forgiveness. Did you know that in some languages that word doesn't even exist. You should know what makes Catholics unique. Would you like me to list the praises and sins of all the priests in this diocese? Only the public ones of course.
The difference is idiots like yourself are too blind to see that these scumbags have parishioners lying for them all well knowing how guilty they are and will stoop to whatever low they can to save their own skin even going so far as to make up lies about anyone who disassociated themselves from their scumy parish. Case in point.. SJG.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57708 Nov 30, 2013
Everyone out Christmas shopping?

“Dorata's worthless turd”

Since: Mar 09

Buffalo, NY

#57709 Dec 1, 2013
Idea wrote:
<quoted text>
If they get rid of the polish troublemaking churches that will be a big headache gone. Just look at the heartache they've caused. One of their priests was removed for attempted rape of an altar server. Another fled to Poland over a DUI charge and another knocked up a female. Close them down or get priests who aren't interested in anything but being a true priest.
Dem Polish traabullmaker must go it.
Day always half it to have der own ways.
Day dunt spoke that English goot and yust want it to go bowlink and drink lot Old Krupnik.

Dem Polish men half it wide face and small brains.
Polish girls half it yellow hair and big feets.

Sometink must be done.
Give it idea about watt you tink it.

Bye bye.
I talk by you later.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57710 Dec 2, 2013
National Catholic Reporter cites an article from the "Dunkirk Observer" about the closure and non-closure of parishes in Dunkirk.
Mary of Magdela

Marilla, NY

#57711 Dec 2, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
National Catholic Reporter cites an article from the "Dunkirk Observer" about the closure and non-closure of parishes in Dunkirk.
Took me awhile to find it but I did. I think they are kidding themselves if they believe in reality that they have any real influence on closures. I was also rather offended at the shot they took at the Affordable Care Act which I believe will be the biggest mistake the Church makes by being against something that gives health care to millions of Americans who need it because they don't like the birth control issue. Let's face it, that is a joke. Most Catholic women have used birth control in their lifetime and most Catholic men are glad they do!
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#57712 Dec 2, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
National Catholic Reporter cites an article from the "Dunkirk Observer" about the closure and non-closure of parishes in Dunkirk.
I wrote that article, but I can't find any reference to it on NCR. Can you tell me where it is?
Here's the link:
http://www.observertoday.com/page/content.det...
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#57713 Dec 2, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Took me awhile to find it but I did. I think they are kidding themselves if they believe in reality that they have any real influence on closures. I was also rather offended at the shot they took at the Affordable Care Act which I believe will be the biggest mistake the Church makes by being against something that gives health care to millions of Americans who need it because they don't like the birth control issue. Let's face it, that is a joke. Most Catholic women have used birth control in their lifetime and most Catholic men are glad they do!
Yes, we did have real influence over the closings. There was a lot more to it than what I put in the column. Some things are not for publication.
Mary of Magdela

Marilla, NY

#57714 Dec 2, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote that article, but I can't find any reference to it on NCR. Can you tell me where it is?
Here's the link:
http://www.observertoday.com/page/content.det...
When you get to the page, type in closure in Dunkirk, NY and it pops up on a page. I think it was the second or third one.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57715 Dec 2, 2013
The article is on "Morning Briefing" by Dennis Coday for December 2.2013. Mary, I agree with you that any one who think this 'victory" is going to last is kidding himself or herself.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57716 Dec 2, 2013
December 2nd is a significant day in American church history-- the death of Cardinal Spellam in 1967 and the resignation of Daniel Ivancho, Eparch of Pittsburg, when it was discovered that he actually had a wife. He was, at that time, only the second bishop to be laicized and dispensed from celibacy, after Caeare Borgia. Ivancho became a hotel manager in Miami, FL. and died in 1972
Parishioner

Niagara Falls, NY

#57717 Dec 3, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Everyone out Christmas shopping?
They are all shopping for the "Babylonian Baskets" for Christmas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CODCO's Greg Malone to be recognized by ACTRA (Sep '15) Sat Dying Smoker 2
News Letter: Most-used libraries among those slated ... May '16 wabush-mines-clos... 1
News Grant Tapper: charged with sexually assaulting ... (Aug '08) May '16 Sinja 65
News Trudeau government to kick off new pipeline rev... May '16 CBC GEY NEWS at 11 1
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) May '16 sad 2
KHAN KAGE KHAT FIGHT - PC Leadership on PPV ! May '16 KHAN Senate Hosers 2
SENATE - PAY mike Duffy's Salary ! May '16 KHAN Senate Hosers 1
More from around the web