Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 60832 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#57677 Nov 26, 2013
The "clientele" of this blog seems to have changed since Kmiec entered retirement.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#57678 Nov 26, 2013
And just where is Regina these days? Has anyone seen here?
Parishioner

Niagara Falls, NY

#57679 Nov 26, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, like that one church in the north end of Niagara Falls. That one is a "dead squirrel".
We, the parishioners, received our annual financial report from the parish, and it is financially very solid. It is not 'dead' as you insinuate. Read the report, dummy!
Parishioner

Niagara Falls, NY

#57680 Nov 26, 2013
Joachim wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we are willing to pay for heat and other utilities. That has never been an issue.
Are you for real?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57681 Nov 26, 2013
Parishioner wrote:
<quoted text>We, the parishioners, received our annual financial report from the parish, and it is financially very solid. It is not 'dead' as you insinuate. Read the report, dummy!
Good for you -- no one else cares - financially solid, financially liquid, not solid, in the black, in the red. Don't care.
Parishioner

Niagara Falls, NY

#57682 Nov 26, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you -- no one else cares - financially solid, financially liquid, not solid, in the black, in the red. Don't care.
The Diocese does. And the Bishop is going to decide which additional church buildings will have to be closed.Some in Buffalo, Lackawanna, Batavia, Niagara Falls, etc.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#57683 Nov 26, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
And just where is Regina these days? Has anyone seen here?
She is still around, she is just not as heavy-handed as she once was. There isn't much left. Just out of curiosity, what Churches in Lackawanna does the poster refer to? Some of them are not Roman Catholic Churches and I don't think the Bishop has any control over them.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57684 Nov 26, 2013
Parishioner wrote:
<quoted text>The Diocese does. And the Bishop is going to decide which additional church buildings will have to be closed.Some in Buffalo, Lackawanna, Batavia, Niagara Falls, etc.
After the new year?
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#57685 Nov 26, 2013
Parishioner wrote:
<quoted text>The Diocese does. And the Bishop is going to decide which additional church buildings will have to be closed.Some in Buffalo, Lackawanna, Batavia, Niagara Falls, etc.
They can decide whatever they want but I will decide where I go to mass and what I am going to put in the basket...or not.
Joachim

Waltham, MA

#57686 Nov 26, 2013
Parishioner wrote:
<quoted text>Are you for real?
Yes, we are for real. We can/will contribute to pay our utilities bills, and have enough left over for a canon lawyer. So bring it on.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57687 Nov 26, 2013
Parishioner wrote:
<quoted text>We, the parishioners, received our annual financial report from the parish, and it is financially very solid. It is not 'dead' as you insinuate. Read the report, dummy!
And how many squirrels are in the pews each week Padre.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57688 Nov 26, 2013
Joachim wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we are for real. We can/will contribute to pay our utilities bills, and have enough left over for a canon lawyer. So bring it on.
I don't know who you are but I like your style. Never forget and never give up!
NUTS

Buffalo, NY

#57689 Nov 26, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>And how many squirrels are in the pews each week Padre.
It's quality not quantity even if there are only two or more in faith. Who wants you anyway? and moreover who needs you?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57690 Nov 27, 2013
NUTS wrote:
<quoted text>
It's quality not quantity even if there are only two or more in faith. Who wants you anyway? and moreover who needs you?
DOB does not consider "quality". Many fine "quality" churches were shut down during JF&G. DOB only considers " - how many in the pews and how much do they donate. Key word: DONATE!! Always comes down to MONEY.
Parishioner

Niagara Falls, NY

#57691 Nov 27, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who you are but I like your style. Never forget and never give up!
Keep your 'good work.'
Parishioner

Niagara Falls, NY

#57692 Nov 27, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>And how many squirrels are in the pews each week Padre.
You are one of those pathological persons who only sees negative in everything. Mind your own parish, weirdo!!!We are not animals!
Parishioner

Niagara Falls, NY

#57693 Nov 27, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
They can decide whatever they want but I will decide where I go to mass and what I am going to put in the basket...or not.
But finally, you will end up in a grave like everybody else. Go, wherever you want and desire!
Sacred Heart Parishioner

Niagara Falls, NY

#57694 Nov 27, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I never remember St. Joe's being on the chopping block.
Yes, St. Joseph should remain open, but Mount Carmel should close now.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57695 Nov 27, 2013
Sacred Heart Parishioner wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, St. Joseph should remain open, but Mount Carmel should close now.
Sacred Heart is closed.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57696 Nov 27, 2013
Parishioner wrote:
<quoted text>You are one of those pathological persons who only sees negative in everything. Mind your own parish, weirdo!!!We are not animals!
We turned negative after JF&G. We don't have to "mind our own parish" because many of us don't have one. Haven't had one for 5 years. Thank you very much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.S. navy documents shed a little light on info... Apr 16 next problem 1
TAX the RICH ! Take Back your Money ! Mar '16 Kevin is Leery - ... 4
GUARANTEED ANNUAL INCOME is $20,000+ ! Mar '16 The Winnipeg Tax ... 4
News Judy Foote confirms federal promise to reopen S... Mar '16 HMCS Sinker-Bell 1
CCPA : Income distribution and the poverty line Mar '16 The Fist of Allan... 3
Harpo placed on Suicide Watch in Obscurity Alberta Mar '16 Lisa Wraithe - KHAN 1
News Christian flag raised at St. John's, Mount Pear... Mar '16 Jane grant 1
More from around the web