Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62380 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Daughter of Anzelm

Buffalo, NY

#57597 Nov 13, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither!
I just want to worship in peace, and experience Eucharist in a healthy environment for me and my family.
Corpus Christi is a great place, and has good worship. The gossip just gets in the way.
Are you talking about Corpus Christi, TX?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57598 Nov 13, 2013
Daughter of Anzelm wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about Corpus Christi, TX?
Daughter of Anzelm, we have not heard from you recently. Any words of wisdom, or should we wait for the holidays?
ANONYMOUS

Buffalo, NY

#57599 Nov 13, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither!
I just want to worship in peace, and experience Eucharist in a healthy environment for me and my family.
Corpus Christi is a great place, and has good worship. The gossip just gets in the way.
Why are you listening?? Gossip is a two way activity. The one spouting, and the one receiving. You do not have to be either one unless YOU choose to be. Gossip is a sin, it's against the commandment..Blame yourself. Do some work of service and you will find the right people to be friendly with. So far you have not looked for the right people . Seek them and you will find them. Look for the mouths that are smiling not flapping.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57600 Nov 14, 2013
ANONYMOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you listening?? Gossip is a two way activity. The one spouting, and the one receiving. You do not have to be either one unless YOU choose to be. Gossip is a sin, it's against the commandment..Blame yourself. Do some work of service and you will find the right people to be friendly with. So far you have not looked for the right people . Seek them and you will find them. Look for the mouths that are smiling not flapping.
I (we)do not listen, I (we)walk away. They try to gossip to my children and I have shown them to walk away. They think we (everyone) wants to hear it. it has become common fair at that Church.
That is the norm at Corpus Christi.
I think you are right, we will look for another parish with other interests beside gossip.
Thanks!
Daughter of Anzelm

Buffalo, NY

#57601 Nov 14, 2013
Look for Christ and me in other places. Corpus Christi is not a house of God or Christ. It is a house of hate, lies, and gossip.

When I was born, Corpus Christi should have embraced the new Christi child. The Daughter of Anzelm and Catherine. God my Father sees the evil there.
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I (we)do not listen, I (we)walk away. They try to gossip to my children and I have shown them to walk away. They think we (everyone) wants to hear it. it has become common fair at that Church.
That is the norm at Corpus Christi.
I think you are right, we will look for another parish with other interests beside gossip.
Thanks!
ANONYMOUS

Buffalo, NY

#57602 Nov 14, 2013
Daughter of Anzelm wrote:
Look for Christ and me in other places. Corpus Christi is not a house of God or Christ. It is a house of hate, lies, and gossip.
When I was born, Corpus Christi should have embraced the new Christi child. The Daughter of Anzelm and Catherine. God my Father sees the evil there.
<quoted text>
I think you are all full of yourselves and baloney. You are simply not that important. Life will go on without you as it should.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#57603 Nov 14, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I (we)do not listen, I (we)walk away. They try to gossip to my children and I have shown them to walk away. They think we (everyone) wants to hear it. it has become common fair at that Church.
That is the norm at Corpus Christi.
I think you are right, we will look for another parish with other interests beside gossip.
Thanks!
Excuses , excuses, excuses? You think other places are different? only because you don't know them. Corpus Christi has the best music and the best homilies if you are smart enough to understand them. If you are so mean you should leave and don't let the doors hit you on the way out. I go to that church and nobody bothers me and I don't bother anybody either. The only news I care about on Sunday is the Gospel, otherwise I stay home.
Daughter of Anzelm

Buffalo, NY

#57604 Nov 14, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuses , excuses, excuses? You think other places are different? only because you don't know them. Corpus Christi has the best music and the best homilies if you are smart enough to understand them. If you are so mean you should leave and don't let the doors hit you on the way out. I go to that church and nobody bothers me and I don't bother anybody either. The only news I care about on Sunday is the Gospel, otherwise I stay home.
Best music? The current organist Istvan Crapnik is a pompous no talent hack. Homilies? You are kidding right? Rev. Kreis is just into himself and Rev. Maridouche is just plain creepy.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57605 Nov 15, 2013
Daughter of Anzelm wrote:
<quoted text>
Best music? The current organist Istvan Crapnik is a pompous no talent hack. Homilies? You are kidding right? Rev. Kreis is just into himself and Rev. Maridouche is just plain creepy.
Haaaa Haaaa, you are soooooo right!
Daughter of Anzelm

Buffalo, NY

#57606 Nov 15, 2013
This blog used to be more interesting. Where are all the devil's mouthpieces hiding? Are you scared to face me the Christ daughter of God? Are scared that I will see your soul pocked with the leprosy of your sins?
Pipe Down

Newark, NJ

#57607 Nov 15, 2013
The pipe organ is a musical instrument commonly used in churches or cathedrals that produces sound by driving pressurized air (called wind) through pipes selected via a keyboard. Because each organ pipe produces a single pitch, the pipes are provided in sets called ranks, each of which has a common timbre and volume throughout the keyboard compass. Most organs have multiple ranks of pipes of differing timbre, pitch and loudness that the player can employ singly or in combination through the use of controls called stops.
A pipe organ has one or more keyboards (called manuals) played by the hands, and a pedalboard played by the feet, each of which has its own group of stops. The organ's continuous supply of wind allows it to sustain notes for as long as the corresponding keys are depressed, unlike the piano and harpsichord whose sound begins to decay immediately after attack. The smallest portable pipe organs may have only one or two dozen pipes and one manual; the largest may have over 20,000 pipes and seven manuals.[2] A list of the some of the most notable and largest pipe organs in the world can be viewed at List of pipe organs.
The origins of the pipe organ can be traced back to the hydraulis in Ancient Greece in the 3rd century BC,[3] in which the wind supply was created with water pressure. By the 6th or 7th century AD, bellows were used to supply organs with wind.[3] Beginning in the 12th century, the organ began to evolve into a complex instrument capable of producing different timbres. By the 17th century, most of the sounds available on the modern classical organ had been developed.[4] From that time, the pipe organ was the most complex man-made device,[5] a distinction it retained until it was displaced by the telephone exchange in the late 19th century.[6]
Pipe organs are installed in churches, synagogues, concert halls, and other public buildings and are used for the performance of classical music, sacred music, and secular music. In the early 20th century, pipe organs were installed in theaters to accompany films during the silent movie era, in municipal auditoria, where orchestral transcriptions were popular, and in the homes of the wealthy, equipped with player mechanisms.[7] The beginning of the 21st century has seen a resurgence in installations in concert halls. The organ boasts a substantial repertoire, which spans over 400 years.[
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57608 Nov 15, 2013
Daughter of Anzelm wrote:
<quoted text>
Best music? The current organist Istvan Crapnik is a pompous no talent hack. Homilies? You are kidding right? Rev. Kreis is just into himself and Rev. Maridouche is just plain creepy.
Still better than the lifeless music and silly drivel you hear at 99% of the other mini warehouses that are called churches . You should get around more and become educated are you in kindergarten yet?
anon

Buffalo, NY

#57609 Nov 15, 2013
Pipe Down wrote:
The pipe organ is a musical instrument commonly used in churches or cathedrals that produces sound by driving pressurized air (called wind) through pipes selected via a keyboard. Because each organ pipe produces a single pitch, the pipes are provided in sets called ranks, each of which has a common timbre and volume throughout the keyboard compass. Most organs have multiple ranks of pipes of differing timbre, pitch and loudness that the player can employ singly or in combination through the use of controls called stops.
A pipe organ has one or more keyboards (called manuals) played by the hands, and a pedalboard played by the feet, each of which has its own group of stops. The organ's continuous supply of wind allows it to sustain notes for as long as the corresponding keys
are depressed, unlike the piano and harpsichord whose sound begins to decay immediately after attack. The smallest portable pipe organs may have only one or two dozen pipes and one manual; the largest may have over 20,000 pipes and seven manuals.[2] A list of the some of the most notable and largest pipe organs in the world can be viewed at List of pipe organs.
The origins of the pipe organ can be traced back to the hydraulis in Ancient Greece in the 3rd century BC,[3] in which the wind supply was created with water pressure. By the 6th or 7th century AD, bellows were used to supply organs with wind.[3] Beginning in the 12th century, the organ began to evolve into a complex instrument capable of producing different timbres. By the 17th century, most of the sounds available on the modern classical organ had been developed.[4] From that time, the pipe organ was the most complex man-made device,[5] a distinction it retained until it was displaced by the telephone exchange in the late 19th century.[6]
Pipe organs are installed in churches, synagogues, concert halls, and other public buildings and are used for the performance of classical music, sacred music, and secular music. In the early 20th century, pipe organs were installed in theaters to accompany films during the silent movie era, in municipal auditoria, where orchestral transcriptions were popular, and in the homes of the wealthy, equipped with player mechanisms.[7] The beginning of the 21st century has seen a resurgence in installations in concert halls. The organ boasts a substantial repertoire, which spans over 400 years.[
TOO BAD SO MANY HAVE BEEN DISMATLED AND THROWN OUT OR SOLD TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER. IN HONOR OF THE GREAT DECISION MAKERS OF THEIR DAY. JUST AS THEY WISH TO DO TODAY WITH THE BEST PLACES THE CHURCH HAS EVER BUILT. WHAT CAN WE SAY ABOUT OUR LEADERS NOW??
bad

Boston, MA

#57610 Nov 16, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Still better than the lifeless music and silly drivel you hear at 99% of the other mini warehouses that are called churches . You should get around more and become educated are you in kindergarten yet?
He can't sing in polish and ruins the meaning of every hymn with pointless improvisation. Its quite amusing at times. However most of the time pathetic. But that's the kind if crap you get these days. Its only a matter of time before cc closes.
The destroyer

Buffalo, NY

#57611 Nov 16, 2013
bad wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't sing in polish and ruins the meaning of every hymn with pointless improvisation. Its quite amusing at times. However most of the time pathetic. But that's the kind if crap you get these days. Its only a matter of time before cc closes.
And who pray tell is going to do that? The only thing that should be closed is people's mouths. Haven't you seen enough destruction since 2007 when this blog began?
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57612 Nov 16, 2013
bad wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't sing in polish and ruins the meaning of every hymn with pointless improvisation. Its quite amusing at times. However most of the time pathetic. But that's the kind if crap you get these days. Its only a matter of time before cc closes.
Too bad we can't use all the windbags on this blog for bellows.
silv

Buffalo, NY

#57613 Nov 16, 2013
Rev. Joe Gatta new Rector of CKS. Starts in January. Leon Biernat to St Gregory the Great
Mary of Magdela

Tonawanda, NY

#57614 Nov 16, 2013
silv wrote:
Rev. Joe Gatta new Rector of CKS. Starts in January. Leon Biernat to St Gregory the Great
Do you mean Gatto? OH no not again! They are going to let him near seminarians?????
anon

Buffalo, NY

#57615 Nov 16, 2013
silv wrote:
Rev. Joe Gatta new Rector of CKS. Starts in January. Leon Biernat to St Gregory the Great
Miserere Nobis! To what and to whom do we owe this great favor?
Immortal

Buffalo, NY

#57616 Nov 16, 2013
The destroyer wrote:
<quoted text>
And who pray tell is going to do that? The only thing that should be closed is people's mouths. Haven't you seen enough destruction since 2007 when this blog began?
Personally, I would always save buildings rather than people. People, clergy, nuns, bishops the faithful come and go. buildings can last forever. Look at the fragments of the wailing wall.
It's not good that there is a reminder. It should have been like Buffalo. Eliminate everything so there will be no memory of St. Barbara and any of the people who built it. But make sure that there is a portraite of the Bishop who demolished it on the wailing wall of 795 Main St. He must be proud of being the first and only great Polish Bishop!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Activist vying for non-binary birth certificate... 4 hr TerriB1 1
News Human Rights Commission recognizes Internationa... May '17 Jeeshush Sheeeria 1
News Editorial: Young and homeless May '17 LMLS 1
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) May '17 just like here 6
News a Beyond bizarre:a N.L. premier under fire afte... May '17 Ex Senator Santpo... 1
News Community activities, meetings (Jul '09) Apr '17 Grandparent in Mi... 5
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) Mar '17 bureaucratic-eh 3
More from around the web