Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61248 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

RATTLE

Buffalo, NY

#57496 Oct 28, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not allowed by the pastor to be on our council. Our parish is forming a council for the first time. I feel like a horse that's been scratched from the race. Never had a chance. Probably being punished for heading up a group that kept our Polish churches open so Fr. Nycz had to be pulled out of Most Precious Blood Parish where he enjoyed the life of Riley and condemned to six years at, as Poblocki called it, the Synagogue of Satan.
Why do people have the mistaken notion that the Parish Council has any authority with the pastor. It should be called the Rubber Stamp Council or better yet the Charwoman's or the handyman's Council. They are always happy to let you do the cooking, cleaning, gardening, plumbing, shoveling. It's called lay empowerment.
Anonymous

United States

#57497 Oct 28, 2013
The Cathedral of Milan, Italy is looking for 50 million euros from a sponsor in… Russia.
The money is needed for its museum and archives. No separation of church and state!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57498 Oct 28, 2013
RATTLE wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do people have the mistaken notion that the Parish Council has any authority with the pastor. It should be called the Rubber Stamp Council or better yet the Charwoman's or the handyman's Council. They are always happy to let you do the cooking, cleaning, gardening, plumbing, shoveling. It's called lay empowerment.
just like Corpus Christi, except you MUST be Polish.
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#57499 Oct 28, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
just like Corpus Christi, except you MUST be Polish.
So do you think it is different at YOUR parish, if you go to one?
You may go to mass anywhere you want. If you wish to be and help form community that will mean working with human beings. It is not necessary to be a registered envelope numbered person to belong to a parish. The church likes to force people to do that like registering to vote but that's only where money reigns not Christ.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57500 Oct 28, 2013
Insider info. Possible retirement of Mansell tomorrow, with appointment of successor in Hartford.
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#57501 Oct 28, 2013
anon wrote:
what services?<quoted text>
Oh it is so easy . I will accomodate private Mass and Wedding ceremonies at their estates.Being nice has it's blessings.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57502 Oct 29, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Oh it is so easy . I will accomodate private Mass and Wedding ceremonies at their estates.Being nice has it's blessings.
Always pays to schmooz the "right class" of people. Hang out with the ones that can do something for you. Ask not what you can do for them, ask what can they do for YOU!! Name of the game.
Anonymous

United States

#57503 Oct 29, 2013
Poverty wrote:
<quoted text>Where certain priests get their money to buy lakeside villas for 159,000 dollars? Is that what Pope Francis allows?New fence! Swimmingpool! What else is needed to be 'divinely' inspired?
All thieves take money where money is. Not many years ago a priest visited Buffalo selling marriage annulments from the Vatican at $10,000. Guaranteed. His name appeared a year later in a “Declaration” by L’Osservatore Romano stating that he was not in good standing in the Church.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57504 Oct 29, 2013
Leonard Blair of Toledo has been named to succeed Archbishop Mansell in Hartford. But the biggest stunner from the Vatican is the appointment of a non-Slav Eparch of Passaic. Archpriest Kurt Burnette, rector of St. Cyril and Methodius Seminary is the new bishop of Passaic.
Buffalo Mass Mob

Buffalo, NY

#57505 Oct 29, 2013
Pathetic

Rochester, NY

#57506 Oct 29, 2013
Buffalo Mass Mob wrote:
http://www.wgrz.com/news/artic le/231045/37/Buffalo-Mass-Mob- To-Help-Iconic-Catholic-Church es-
Come!
Close them all! Polish people are an embarrassment and no one wants them around!
unknown

Geneva, NY

#57507 Oct 29, 2013
Pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>
Close them all! Polish people are an embarrassment and no one wants them around!
You really are Pathetic. Whatever nationality you are, maybe all the nationalities do not want to be around you, whatever you are. Heinz 57?
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#57508 Oct 29, 2013
Pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>
HATER!
VIVA

Buffalo, NY

#57509 Oct 29, 2013
LONG LIVE ST. ADALBERT'S
LONG LIVE ST. ANN'S

And any other that are on the way to the chopping block.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57510 Oct 29, 2013
Pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you one of those great welcoming, inclusive, and tolerant American Catholics?
Reap what you sow

Lancaster, NY

#57511 Oct 29, 2013
Pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the Kavorka.
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#57512 Oct 29, 2013
Reap what you sow wrote:
<quoted text>You are the Kavorka.
The best thing that this diocese could do is throw the people a challangee so they can prove what they can do. The lay people might surprise everybody. And if they lose, what does the diocese lose? At least it would gain some good will. By lining the parishes up to the chopping block they are just making enemies. What's the real goal? Propping up a few parishes in ugly buildings ? Can we trust that fathers know best? They are all too old anyway. Why don't we have a mass mob retirement?
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#57513 Oct 30, 2013
Could someone out there tell me what's going on with the All Souls Day offering? We've been told that if we list names on the lines that are on the outside of our envelope along with a donation, natch, the names of the deceased will be published in the bulletin and prayers will be said for them. It doesn't say Masses, it says prayers although some will surely interpret the envelope as being for Masses. I would like to put my mother, father, brother, aunt and friend's names on the envelope, but I was rooked once already when I paid $400 for a chandelier that was supposed to be in my mother's memory with prayers being said for her each time the lights were turned on. Fr. Nycz never made public my mother's name or the names that went with the other nine $400 chandeliers so how exactly are they being prayed for? I have my doubts he will publish in the bulletin the names on the envelopes either. Who gets the money from these envelopes? Anybody know? I just hate to be played for a fool again. You know the old saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!"
anon

New York, NY

#57514 Oct 30, 2013
Are you nuts?
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#57515 Oct 30, 2013
anon wrote:
Are you nuts?
I'm simply asking for some input on this matter. If that makes me nuts, so be it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) Aug 4 billion dollar claim 6
News CODCO's Greg Malone to be recognized by ACTRA (Sep '15) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
News Letter: Most-used libraries among those slated ... May '16 wabush-mines-clos... 1
News Grant Tapper: charged with sexually assaulting ... (Aug '08) May '16 Sinja 65
News Trudeau government to kick off new pipeline rev... May '16 CBC GEY NEWS at 11 1
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) May '16 sad 2
KHAN KAGE KHAT FIGHT - PC Leadership on PPV ! May '16 KHAN Senate Hosers 2
More from around the web