Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 60944 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anonymous

United States

#57476 Oct 25, 2013
The Archbishops of Maribor and Ljubljana in Slovenia resigned due to their involvement in bankruptcy. The total amount of debts provoked by high-risk investments was 800 million euros.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#57477 Oct 25, 2013
Jed wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a disgrace to decimate the parish savings and leave the parish broke. Who needed an exercise room for his boyfriend John? So Grosz could watch John excercise?
I for one think it's nice to have a church that needs no repairs. The Polonia people and pastors can get busy and come up with plans and ideas on how to make more money instead of just gossiping about eachother. Working together to help ALL of the east side churches would be novel. That four letter word..work is really a novelty. They could take the lead on that because 795 Main will not.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57478 Oct 25, 2013
Who is the person that was eliminated from Corpus Christi that has recently won a huge amount on money in the lottery, and now refuses to give to Corpus Christi?
I am sure they will donate where they attend now.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57479 Oct 25, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Who is the person that was eliminated from Corpus Christi that has recently won a huge amount on money in the lottery, and now refuses to give to Corpus Christi?
Is there any church worth giving to? Or let's say any pastor worth giving to? There are plenty of worthy causes out there beside churches of any denomination.
anon

New York, NY

#57480 Oct 25, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any church worenty of worthy causes out there beside churches of any denomination.
There are PLENTY of churches and pastors worth giving to! Sadly, we only hear about the others!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57481 Oct 25, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any church worth giving to? Or let's say any pastor worth giving to? There are plenty of worthy causes out there beside churches of any denomination.
You got that right!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57482 Oct 25, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>There are PLENTY of churches and pastors worth giving to! Sadly, we only hear about the others!
What pastor is worth giving to????? LOL!!!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57483 Oct 25, 2013
Poverty wrote:
<quoted text>Where certain priests get their money to buy lakeside villas for 159,000 dollars? Is that what Pope Francis allows?New fence! Swimmingpool! What else is needed to be 'divinely' inspired?
Livin' the good life! Livin' the American dream!(which most of us are still waiting to achieve!!!!)
Anonymous

United States

#57484 Oct 25, 2013
Is Papa Francesco going to take in the refugees from Lampedusa in his stately apartments?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57485 Oct 25, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Too bad sooooo sad for CC!
I know who it is, and CC is the looser in the selective elimination game they play. Will they ever learn?
Summer Villas

United States

#57486 Oct 26, 2013
Jed wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a disgrace to decimate the parish savings and leave the parish broke. Who needed an exercise room for his boyfriend John? So Grosz could watch John excercise?
How about the summer villas by the lake with a swimming pool and new fence? Where is the money coming from since the summer villa was paid 159,000 dollars?Are all young priests 'rich' to buy these expensive villas by the lake?
Summer Villas

United States

#57487 Oct 26, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
The Archbishops of Maribor and Ljubljana in Slovenia resigned due to their involvement in bankruptcy. The total amount of debts provoked by high-risk investments was 800 million euros.
Where in the world did they get all those Euros? Does that sound familiar?Did they buy summer villas by the lake or by the sea?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57488 Oct 26, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad sooooo sad for CC!
I know who it is, and CC is the looser in the selective elimination game they play. Will they ever learn?
I hear CC is on a downward spiral.
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#57489 Oct 26, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Is Papa Francesco going to take in the refugees from Lampedusa in his stately apartments?
No, but you can be sure that the government will have to take care of those people. Just as it does here. Half the population of Buffalo is on some kind of government assistance. They go to the soup kitchens so they can save and sell their food stamps. And the government pays for the food and the agencies " for providing services to the poor " What a racket.
Anonymous

United States

#57490 Oct 26, 2013
Bishop Bling-Bling of Limburg died unexpectedly while in Rome. He presented himself at the Pearly Gates but St. Peter threw him out saying:“Iam recepisti Mercedem tuam!”
wondering

Buffalo, NY

#57491 Oct 27, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Three bishops in Europe accepted to step down due to apparent financial improprieties.
Where were the diocesan priests’ councils, the finance committees, the bishops’ consultors the guidelines of the Episcopal Conferences and, not the least, the authorizations by the Vatican with all the lay people directly and indirectly involved? Could it happen in Buffalo? Where there money, the pipelines are leaking. Remember Judas and Franjone.
Are you involved in your parish council/
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#57492 Oct 27, 2013
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Are you involved in your parish council/
Nope, not allowed by the pastor to be on our council. Our parish is forming a council for the first time. I feel like a horse that's been scratched from the race. Never had a chance. Probably being punished for heading up a group that kept our Polish churches open so Fr. Nycz had to be pulled out of Most Precious Blood Parish where he enjoyed the life of Riley and condemned to six years at, as Poblocki called it, the Synagogue of Satan.
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#57493 Oct 27, 2013
Poverty wrote:
<quoted text>Where certain priests get their money to buy lakeside villas for 159,000 dollars? Is that what Pope Francis allows?New fence! Swimmingpool! What else is needed to be 'divinely' inspired?
From my many benefactors.Perfom services at their residence and they will provide funding(gifts).
anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#57494 Oct 27, 2013
what services?
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>From my many benefactors.Perfom services at their residence and they will provide funding(gifts).
East Side Reporter

Tonawanda, NY

#57495 Oct 27, 2013
Any word on who the new pastor will be at St John Kanty? Guess they had a fill in priest for the Mass today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Letter: Most-used libraries among those slated ... May 22 wabush-mines-clos... 1
News Grant Tapper: charged with sexually assaulting ... (Aug '08) May 19 Sinja 65
News Trudeau government to kick off new pipeline rev... May 17 CBC GEY NEWS at 11 1
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) May 10 sad 2
KHAN KAGE KHAT FIGHT - PC Leadership on PPV ! May 6 KHAN Senate Hosers 2
SENATE - PAY mike Duffy's Salary ! May 6 KHAN Senate Hosers 1
FORT MAC and CHEESE - SCORCHED ! May 6 Canned Seal Suppl... 1
More from around the web