Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Full Story
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57412 Oct 16, 2013
not true wrote:
well,she is wrong,there were many people,music was beautiful,speakers were exellent,fr.mazur worked very hard to organized this event,he did great job.money well spend!Everyone enjoyed being there!
<quoted text>
How much money?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57413 Oct 16, 2013
Blind wrote:
<quoted text>Blind leading a blind!
Turning a blind eye is an idiom describing the ignoring of undesirable information.

The phrase to turn a blind eye is attributed to an incident in the life of Admiral Horatio Nelson. Nelson was blinded in one eye early in his Royal Navy career. In 1801, during the Battle of Copenhagen cautious Admiral Sir Hyde Parker, in overall command of the British forces, sent a signal to Nelson's forces giving him discretion to withdraw. Naval orders were transmitted via a system of signal flags at that time. When this order was given to the more aggressive Nelson's attention, he lifted his telescope up to his blind eye, said "I really do not see the signal", and his forces continued to press home the attack.[1][2]
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57414 Oct 16, 2013
not true wrote:
well,she is wrong,there were many people,music was beautiful,speakers were exellent,fr.mazur worked very hard to organized this event,he did great job.money well spend!Everyone enjoyed being there!
<quoted text>
Whose money was spent?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57415 Oct 16, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Whose money was spent?
Good question.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57416 Oct 16, 2013
What's going on in Ransomville? Has position been filled?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57417 Oct 16, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
What's going on in Ransomville? Has position been filled?
I heard one pastor (administrator?) for two parishes. Which 2 parishes?
ticket

North Tonawanda, NY

#57418 Oct 16, 2013
25 dollars for ticket ro attend the conference
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Whose money was spent?
Edziu from the East Side

Harrisburg, PA

#57420 Oct 16, 2013
Just saw a little paragraph in St John Kanty's Oct 13 bulletin that Father Ron's last Mass as Pastor is Oct 20. It didn't seem like a big deal in the bulletin. It could've been easily missed. Any rumors as to who will be taking over or will they be merged with another or possibly closed?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57421 Oct 16, 2013
ticket wrote:
25 dollars for ticket ro attend the conference<quoted text>
But whose money was spent to get the conference started?
Anonymous

United States

#57422 Oct 16, 2013
CONSOLIDATION OF DIOCESES - Is Malone always a hop, a skip and a jump away from Portland?
Money

Buffalo, NY

#57423 Oct 17, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>How much money?
That Conference in the Falls brought in about 8750 dollars. How much did they pay to those priests? Was Fr. John Corapi part of that group?Where is the rest of the money?
Money

Buffalo, NY

#57424 Oct 17, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>But whose money was spent to get the conference started?
Who gave the starting money?
Money

Buffalo, NY

#57425 Oct 17, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard one pastor (administrator?) for two parishes. Which 2 parishes?
Fr. Jim Bastian took over the Ransomville parish.Fact!
not you

North Tonawanda, NY

#57426 Oct 17, 2013
im sure it was not you!
Money wrote:
<quoted text>Who gave the starting money?
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#57427 Oct 17, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
CONSOLIDATION OF DIOCESES - Is Malone always a hop, a skip and a jump away from Portland?
This could well happen in the not too distant future. The Episcopal Church is trying this approach. Many religious orders have already carried this out. The Jesuits will merge ten provinces into three in the next few years. Quite a few dioceses are vacant. The Eparchy of Passaic is celebrating its 50th anniversary on November 10th, but still has no bishop, after 18months. Clergy morale is down and the Orthodox are laughing their heads off.(Orthodox church law usually demands that a bishop be appointed within 40 days,but there have been exceptions.)
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#57428 Oct 17, 2013
Currently, there are nine vacant Latin Rite dioceses, and another six with bishops over 75. Some one is slipping up. Malone's former diocese of Portland has been vacant for 17 months. CF. Ed Peter's Canon Law Info. (Ed and I occasionally exchange e-mails. Now Slubecky, don't get jealous.)
Anonymous

Lockport, NY

#57429 Oct 17, 2013
not you wrote:
im sure it was not you!<quoted text>
That's a fact Jack, I mean TED. I know how the people who organized it work and what's really important to them.
whos jack or ted

North Tonawanda, NY

#57430 Oct 17, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a fact Jack, I mean TED. I know how the people who organized it work and what's really important to them.
and what is that, o please tell us..
Anonymous

United States

#57431 Oct 17, 2013
SAVE ST. ANNS It is not a historic, Catholic and East Side building. It is a piece of our Buffalo identity. We still own it. The money needed to demolish it and secure a parking lot is enough to keep it going for more longer than people might be lead to believe.
lol

Boston, MA

#57432 Oct 17, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
SAVE ST. ANNS It is not a historic, Catholic and East Side building. It is a piece of our Buffalo identity. We still own it. The money needed to demolish it and secure a parking lot is enough to keep it going for more longer than people might be lead to believe.
Close up shop!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Victim's family calm this time as accused murde... Jan 14 Andrew 1
Man accused in brutal sex assault in Prince Alb... Jan 13 Bullies everywhere 1
Harper, premier urged to protect Gros Morne Jan 12 persons too 1
Youth begins trial for couple's murder Jan 12 news and forums 1
St. John's United to host Hymns for Haiti (Jan '10) Jan 11 Benson 2
Former military men remain active legion member... Jan 10 NFLD 1
Faulty fuel lines blamed for Hydro's Stephenvil... Jan 10 bet most have no ... 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:15 am PST