Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Read more
Male

Buffalo, NY

#57332 Sep 29, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
That should be no surprise to anyone who knows him.
It is a revelation to me!
Male

Buffalo, NY

#57333 Sep 29, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
At least he doesn't like little boys like one S Buffalo former priest.
Which priest is that?
Anonymous

United States

#57334 Sep 29, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
LONG LIVE ST. ANNíS - If the structural conditions of St. Annís are as catastrophic as Sr. Reggie & Co. tries to tell us, things did not happen overnight and the diocese is guilty of decades of neglect! Church law and common sense tell us to take care of things, especially when they are beautiful and valuable.
Through its lawyer, the diocese told the City of Buffalo ďhands offĒ to their plans to demolish St. Ann church. Reason: separation of church and state. Really? Didnít the diocese need a city permit to build it? Should the church be allowed to destroy all the works of art which citizens of faith have built and commissioned as a lasting memorial?
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#57335 Sep 29, 2013
Male wrote:
<quoted text>Which priest is that?
Who Cares.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57336 Sep 30, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Through its lawyer, the diocese told the City of Buffalo ďhands offĒ to their plans to demolish St. Ann church. Reason: separation of church and state. Really? Didnít the diocese need a city permit to build it? Should the church be allowed to destroy all the works of art which citizens of faith have built and commissioned as a lasting memorial?
The Diocese does not seem to have competent lawyers if they don't understand the concept of separation of church and state.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57337 Sep 30, 2013
Male wrote:
<quoted text>It is a revelation to me!
Obviously, you don't KNOW him and may or may not be merely acquainted with him.
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#57338 Sep 30, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, you don't KNOW him and may or may not be merely acquainted with him.
Why do we care only about certain gay people and not others who are openly living and preaching the Gay Gospel.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#57339 Sep 30, 2013
News wrote:
Did anybody go to the Buffalo gay bars last night?
Yeah!
Was that you at Cathode, makin' out in the back corner with the drag queen?
Adam and Steve

Buffalo, NY

#57340 Sep 30, 2013
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do we care only about certain gay people and not others who are openly living and preaching the Gay Gospel.
The "Gay Gospel"?
OH..... you mean this one?-

http://youtu.be/zKAW96N-Vms
Mary of Magdala

Buffalo, NY

#57341 Sep 30, 2013
msgrbadski wrote:
Maybe Msgr. Lee was ripped off by a male prostitute? I t has happened before.
?????? I am a bit surprised. Actually it was three thugs who kicked in an AC on the ground floor and climbed in. They were caught. They were simply South Park jerks.
Modernist

Stafford, VA

#57342 Sep 30, 2013
Recently attended a funeral at St. Gregory's Church, one of the ugliest churches ever. I was only there once, over 30 years ago. I got the impression that the parishioners pride themselves in their Catholicity with the over abundance of statues and the presence of a Catholic Store on the "parish campus". What seemed absurd to me was that two large Gothic styled windows purchased from some unfortunately closed city church were recently installed on the altar wall on either side of the modern Risen Christ bas relief. This addition was a real clash with the stark modernist design of the church. You would think that the parishioners and pastor in their attempt to bring back some of the past to their present would be better off with just joining as parishioners in those old style churches that remain open in the city. After all, it was their flight out of the city that caused many churches to be closed and torn apart. Perhaps the installation of these windows is just an attempt to assuage their guilty consciences for fleeing to the suburbs and causing the demise of old time city parishes.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#57343 Sep 30, 2013
Instead of re-building St. Ann',donate to St. Luke's Mission of mercy. Build up people, rather than out-of- date structures.

“Dark Lord of All.”

Since: Jun 13

The Untempered Schism.

#57344 Sep 30, 2013
Get rid of them all, kids will be safer.
Anonymous

United States

#57345 Sep 30, 2013
When in the 4th century the Vandals invaded North Africa, pillaging and plundering everywhere. In Hippo, they destroyed everything. but left the church of St. Augustine and his library untouched. Donít let the news Vandals vandalize St. Annís!
Sex

Buffalo, NY

#57346 Oct 1, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah!
Was that you at Cathode, makin' out in the back corner with the drag queen?
I was just waiting for you in the corner of my summer lake villa.
Sex

Buffalo, NY

#57347 Oct 1, 2013
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
Which priests are the most notorious in preaching the Gay Gospel? Names please!
Adam and Steve

Buffalo, NY

#57348 Oct 1, 2013
Sex wrote:
<quoted text>I was just waiting for you in the corner of my summer lake villa.
Why you are, of course!
Anonymous

United States

#57349 Oct 2, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
Instead of re-building St. Ann',donate to St. Luke's Mission of mercy. Build up people, rather than out-of- date
structures.
Instead of independent agencies like St. Lukeís Mission of Mercy and others, why donít volunteers and priests work in parishes? Should anyone with a good idea do his/her own thing for his/her community?
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#57350 Oct 2, 2013
Note to all: Germain Grisez has advised that Pope Francis should weigh more carefully what he is saying in his interviews. They are, according to him, more like remarks at informal dinner parties. Compared to his predecessors, John Paul II and Benedict XVI, Francis is an intellectual light-weight. I have little problem with what he has said, I am more worried about some things he hasn't stressed. (Don't think for a moment that I like saying this.)
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57351 Oct 2, 2013
Why don't people (non priests) who can't volunteer in the church for various reasons (like having a criminal record), volunteer in hospitals, literacy programs, neighborhood activities etc? If a priest has a criminal record, he could no longer present himself as a priest in good standing in THIS diocese. Perhaps they would like to take their argument to the public and see how the masses feel about their plight? Some people who now find themselves with a criminal record seem to think they are being treated unfairly. One would like to ask them how they think they treated someone that resulted in getting them a criminal record?
The answer is no.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tee it up for charity (May '08) Sun some give no rece... 4
News Ken Dryden's futuristic classroom a cross-Canad... Sun know and see 1
News Lung Cancer Smoke Screen (Jun '09) Mar 25 Schmones 33
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) Mar 25 rogers-wireless-b... 4
News Brighter, fresher space as St. John Ambulance o... Mar 5 John 1
News Ice conditions in Cabot Strait worst in three d... Feb '15 more 1
News Acton Public Library Presents Key Chain Collect... Feb '15 meanwhile 1
More from around the web